If you're banned for life, how does Disney keep track and enforce the ban?

Lilofan

Sorry, I've never seen a helicopter fly over a park, let alone that low. I've seen dozens and dozens of them over resort areas in the southeastern part of the property.
You probably have not waited for NYE fireworks at World Showcase at Epcot. Look up and see and hear the more than a dozen helicopters flying 1K feet above the Lagoon . There are so low that some of the shells explode above them and fall in their direction.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
You probably have not waited for NYE fireworks at World Showcase at Epcot. Look up and see and hear the more than a dozen helicopters flying 1K feet above the Lagoon . There are so low that some of the shells explode above them and fall in their direction.
Looking to the sky can be deceiving. When standing on Main St at the MK, it looks like the fireworks are coming from directly behind the castle while we know the mortars are shooting them up to the side. The same goes for Epcot. None of the helicopters you see are flying directly over the World Showcase Lagoon. They are off to the side and outside the NOTAMS. Here is the radar at midnight over Epcot for the last 3 years. In the first there were no fireworks.

2020:

NYE2020.PNG

2021:

NYE2021.PNG

2022:

NYE2022.PNG

If I zoom in on the flight path for the single helicopter this last NYE you can see the pilot knows where the line not to cross is.

NYE2022FP.PNG

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Looking to the sky can be deceiving. When standing on Main St at the MK, it looks like the fireworks are coming from directly behind the castle while we know the mortars are shooting them up to the side. The same goes for Epcot. None of the helicopters you see are flying directly over the World Showcase Lagoon. They are off to the side and outside the NOTAMS. Here is the radar at midnight over Epcot for the last 3 years. In the first there were no fireworks.

2020:

View attachment 692535

2021:

View attachment 692536

2022:

View attachment 692537

If I zoom in on the flight path for the single helicopter this last NYE you can see the pilot knows where the line not to cross is.

View attachment 692539
See! More proof of Disney’s super secret stealth helicopters! They’re not on the radar so that proves they’re real!

Lilofan

2020:

View attachment 692535

2021:

View attachment 692536

2022:

View attachment 692537

View attachment 692539
Yes that's correct. I posted in an earlier post that helicopters are off to the side of the lagoon flying above UK buildings for example.I have seen shells explode above helicopters and fall around the copters. That was incredible.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Yes that's correct. I posted in an earlier post that helicopters are off to the side of the lagoon flying above UK buildings for example.I have seen shells explode above helicopters and fall around the copters. That was incredible.
You probably have not waited for NYE fireworks at World Showcase at Epcot. Look up and see and hear the more than a dozen helicopters flying 1K feet above the Lagoon . There are so low that some of the shells explode above them and fall in their direction
Pretty sure you said above the lagoon. I went back 12 years and could never find more than 4 helicopters South of Epcot itself. None near the IG or England. Also, the biggest shells they shoot up at Epcot are 6 inch shells which go up about 700 feet, so they would still be below a helicopter at 1000 feet. Magic Kingdom does use 8 and 10 inch shells, but it would be unwise to be at 1000 feet because that is where a 10 inch explodes.

pyrochart.PNG

Skibum1970

This may sound callous but any helicopter operator who goes in that airspace at that time of day probably deserves the flak. It isn't as if the firework displays are secret or the timing unknown.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
This may sound callous but any helicopter operator who goes in that airspace at that time of day probably deserves the flak. It isn't as if the firework displays are secret or the timing unknown.
They do it everyday, and it is perfectly legal if they stay outside the NOTAM, or at over 3000 feet if inside it. They know where they can give their passengers a a great view but still be safe.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I’m more interested to know if you are banned for life on here, how people keep posting, because there are a few very obvious people who were banned but continue to post under new names.
Because there are only two moderators here and they can only see an IP address the person is posting from. It is too easy in this day and age to hide your true IP address using a VPN or other means.

MAGICFLOP

No need. Magic Band+ implants a microchip into your wrist that they can use to track your movement within a 10 mile radius of every Disney park worldwide.

Oh no, I’ve just let the cat out of the bag. 🤫
Actually its a bit more sophisticated than that, and I realize I might get banned for divulging this, but here goes...

They take photos of all guest when purchasing the pass at the window and they have a sophisticated computer system that measures, counts and maps the lines on peoples lips and that info is processed using proprietary software/algorithm and they end up with the map of ones sphincter... so even when people are masked, when the sit on the john, bingo they have confirmation and security is waiting when the perp finished washing their hands.... (assuming that they do)

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Pretty sure you said above the lagoon. I went back 12 years and could never find more than 4 helicopters South of Epcot itself. None near the IG or England. Also, the biggest shells they shoot up at Epcot are 6 inch shells which go up about 700 feet, so they would still be below a helicopter at 1000 feet. Magic Kingdom does use 8 and 10 inch shells, but it would be unwise to be at 1000 feet because that is where a 10 inch explodes.

View attachment 692556
1673925124003.png

Kamikaze

View attachment 692556
Wow, he's going to have to go into retirement after how thoroughly you destroyed him.

Kamikaze

Because there are only two moderators here and they can only see an IP address the person is posting from. It is too easy in this day and age to hide your true IP address using a VPN or other means.
Theres also the problem of straight up banning public IPs that may change. If you're posting in a public place, from a phone, etc, your IP isn't 'yours' and someone else might get it. Safer to ban just the user/email, unless said user becomes a larger problem. And in that case, like you said, it takes two minutes to switch IPs via VPN or other means (MAC spoofing for example).

Lilofan

View attachment 692556
NYE Epcot 2014,15,17
At least a dozen helicopters we counted flying at edge of Epcot lagoon . Were you there too ?

lazyboy97o

Helicopters flying at the edge of WSL... on NYE. After being shown that there are zero flight records (you know, those things that are required to fly anywhere) to corroborate your claims.

Sure Jan GIF
You must have missed that there are supposedly secret stealth helicopters that are not reported to the FAA and do not show up on radar. This thread is just the best.

Lilofan

Helicopters flying at the edge of WSL... on NYE. After being shown that there are zero flight records (you know, those things that are required to fly anywhere) to corroborate your claims.

Sure Jan GIF
Obvious you were not there the multiple NYE ( I listed the years we were there ( ie 2016 ) ) at Epcot that we were at. That’s a laugh, tourist helicopters filing flight records. The flight records that were posted different years but some failed to read what years we were there enjoying ourselves , especially dancing the night away at China where the dragon was blowing out real flames .

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom