If You're At MGM Studios (17th-19th May)

RogueHabit

Original Poster
Hi there,

I ran this past Steve and he's Ok'ed me to ask here.

If anyone happens to be at MGM Studios this weekend and can snag any photo's or flyers of any of the Star Wars related goings on that they promised for the release of Attack of the Clones I would be very interested in seeing them and posting them on my Star Wars website.

Obviously you'll get full credit for you pictures and a link back to your own website if you have one. I'll also be crediting WDWMagic Forum as well.

You can mail them to me at ratcat@swmovies.net

Wishing that I could get there, but still 9 weeks until my trip. :)

Bryy2001

I think it is extremely funny that the reviews for Attack of the Clones have been so mediocre, Entertainment Weekly gave it a C+ and most reviewers including Roger Ebert and others haven't been too impressed with George Lucas's 5th installment. It's median rating is only 2 stars (a C by grade standpoint). Check www.critics.com for the info. I love how even though the movie doesn't appear to be that good Star Wars fans will still line up to see it a dozen times just to say that they did. Pretty pathetic. I won't be seeing it.

RogueHabit

Original Poster
Um, this isn't an excuse for you to rain on Star Wars, it was a request for photo's.

But as you mention it, those same critics are the ones who, to this day, tell us that The Phantom Menace was a failure. I wish I could make a failure that became the third largest grossing movie of all time..... :|

Incidently, not all the reviews have been bad, I have read both excellent reviews and some bad ones of AOTC. I suggest you check out your facts before you start flaming the Star Wars fan community...

And no, I'm not a blind fan, just someone who made hs own mind up, rather than trusting some critic who can't stand how successful Star Wars is. I've seen AOTC at preview and I think it's a great movie.

Still, all I wanted was some photographs....

I am by no means a Star Wars fan -- I hated the original trilogy except for hunky Han Solo and while I think Phantom Menace made a nice chunk of money, IMHO it was boring. Well, this non-Star Wars fan went to the charity event in New York on Sunday and LOVED the movie.

My advice -- ignore the critics and go to the movies that'll make you happy!

Ratcat, if you get some good photos, be sure to post a new message on the boards for everyone to take a look!

Invero

Personally... I don't care what the reviewers say... I've read rave reviews about a movie... and when I saw it, I hated it. I've read horrible reviews about movies, and when I saw them, I loved them. Who are they to tell me whether I will like a movie or not? Let me make up my own mind, thank you. :)

Will I go see the new Star Wars movie? Probably not... but not because of the reviews... and not because I dislike Star Wars (I actually do enjoy sci-fi quite a bit)... I probably won't go see it because I simply tend to forget... lol... I can't tell you how many movies I've wanted to see... but yet... never do... and then by the time I remember I want to go see it... it's not playing anymore, and then I have to wait for it to come out on DVD... and by then... I've forgotten about it... again! lol :)

Sansaarai

Account Suspended
Originally posted by Bryy2001
I think it is extremely funny that the reviews for Attack of the Clones have been so mediocre, Entertainment Weekly gave it a C+ and most reviewers including Roger Ebert and others haven't been too impressed with George Lucas's 5th installment. It's median rating is only 2 stars (a C by grade standpoint). Check www.critics.com for the info. I love how even though the movie doesn't appear to be that good Star Wars fans will still line up to see it a dozen times just to say that they did. Pretty pathetic. I won't be seeing it.

I think its pathetic to bash a movie and its fans based on reviews from movie critics. Its people like you who give every fan of something (Star Wars, Star Trek, Wrestling, Shakespeare etc.) a bad name.

Chernabog

For reference, the movie critics also said the original trilogy was poorly made, and it turned out to be the second highest grossing movie of all time. There were even a few critics who said Titanic, the highest grossing, was no good too. I'll be in line to see it at midnight tomorrow night and I can't wait. Being a fan of things makes life more enjoyable. I've seen every Disney movie and plan on eventually going to every park, I love wrestling, I know the Star Wars universe inside and out, love shakespeare and don't want to change any of it. I live a very wonderful life without listening to the critics telling me what is and isn't "cool".:p If Walt had listened to the critics he never would have made Snow White, the Disney Brothers Studio, or any theme parks. Now how would that be? Live life the way you want, it's happier and more fun that way. Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust I say!:D :cool: :king:

RogueHabit

Original Poster
Originally posted by Sansaarai
I think its pathetic to bash a movie and its fans based on reviews from movie critics. Its people like you who give every fan of something (Star Wars, Star Trek, Wrestling, Shakespeare etc.) a bad name.
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

MY thoughts exactly.

markymark

Wont be there for the SW weekend unfortunately, but am arriving in WDW a week after you are!

As far as the SW films are concerned - The next ones were ALWAYS going to get bashed by the critics. They could be the best movies ever made and still get panned. A critic is going to get noticed more if he pans something as big as Ep1 PM or, now, Ep2 AOTC. Lets face it, if a critic harped on about how good it was, he / she would be called an kisser and a creep to Mr Lucas and Co.

Everyone has different opinions and tastes, I don't think that gives people the right to ridicule something just because they don't like it.

Oh, and for the record - can't wait to see Ep 2 !!

DisneyHoneymoon

almost was able to help

We are arriving at WDW on May 19th; getting to hotel around 2 p.m. and eating dinner at Emeril's that night. So, no time to pop over to MGM (darn it!) although I truly wanted to do the Star Wars kickoff thing.

I thoroughly enjoyed all the first three installments of Star Wars (but unlike most folks did not see Star Wars itself until it was out in the movies for a few months - didn't get caught up in the initial hype).

I also waited until this past weekend to see Phantom Menace (rented it on DVD). We have a wide screen t.v. with surround sound so it was FABULOUS! My fiance and I watched all 4 movies in a Star Wars fest to get ready to see AOC.

I have no expectations that ANY movie will equate to the second coming. I take all reviews with a grain of salt. Still - I am very much looking forward to the next Star Wars movie. My fiance says he heard somewhere that George Lucas is actually planning 9 in total - with the final 3 dealing with post-Return of the Jedi time period. Anyone hear this?

Re: almost was able to help

Originally posted by DisneyHoneymoon
My fiance says he heard somewhere that George Lucas is actually planning 9 in total - with the final 3 dealing with post-Return of the Jedi time period. Anyone hear this?

I pretty sure George said he wouldn't be making the final trilogy. He originally wrote 9, but we'll only ever see the first 6 on the big screen.

RogueHabit

Original Poster
Not strictly true. At one point he did mention 9 movies, but that was many, many years ago. As the story is that of Anakin, it kind of ends when his life does.

Sean23

Originally posted by Ratcat
I'm gonna bump this up, just once, as it is this weekend.

Like Steve said I posted some on the digital media board. I have some from last year I could look for if you would be interested in those also, let me know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom