If you like Clay Aiken American Idol Checkout This from 5 Years ago

DisneyJedi

Original Poster
I found this in a thread at TiVocommunity this morning. Clay Aiken singing Unchained Melody suppossedly 5 years ago. Sounds like he's singing to a MIDI, but nonetheless... wow!

http://hands-clean.net/megluke/ClayUnchainedMelody.mp3

What do you think? You know this is Simon Cowell's favorite song. Do you think Clay is saving this one to make a deep impression down the road?

Just had a thought.. what is to stop any of the American Idol contestants from sneaking off to sing a little song, upload to the Internet and hopefully start sharing it around to drum up additional fans? What would the show do.. kick you off for sharing your voice outside the show? Or what if you were this great undiscovered singer that recorded a bunch of songs before you even auditioned for AI.. then you make it on the show and want to get more votes, so you unleash a fury of previously recorded material. Muhahaha.. sounds like a plan. >:)

Invero

Okay, so Im watching right now...

What's up with RUBEN being in the bottom two??? I kinda figured Trenyse would be there, (although she's my favorite besides Clay)... but Josh really needs to go, and he knows it. Did you see his face when they called Ruben down, instead of him...

*sigh*

SirNim

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi

What's up with RUBEN being in the bottom two??? I kinda figured Trenyse would be there, (although she's my favorite besides Clay)... but Josh really needs to go, and he knows it. Did you see his face when they called Ruben down, instead of him...

*sigh*
Yup.

Oy.

:(

Invero

Originally posted by Disneyanna0521
what???? How is ruben in the bottom 2???? who left?

Trenyse got voted off :( :(

So we still have Clay Aiken, Ruben Studdard, Kimberly Lock, and Joshua Gracen.

Erika

I think it was the same thing that happened last year with Tamyra- people were so certain that she was going to win that they didn't bother voting for her.

So, next week- VOTE!

SpongeScott

Trenyce has a great voice, but she has dressed like a.........well, I won't say what I think so that I don't offend anyone. Remember, this is a popularity contest, so if you want someone to win, you better cast the vote for them.

VILLAINSRULE

All I can say is if Josh wins I wont watch the show when the next season starts........Josh deserved to get voted off...........I predict that with Luther sick, and Barry White sick, that Ruben will step in and be tne next big torch song singer.........if he loses that is a travesty......and as the previous post said: VOTE!!! REMEMBER TAMAYRA!:dazzle:

Tigggrl

I guess its time for me to start voting...I knew Trenyce or Josh was gonna go...but Josh was absolutely HORRID this week. Ruben is definately the best one yet, and I truly enjoy his voice...I will buy his CD when its released...not so sure about Clay, tho he IS my second choice...Depends on what he puts on the cd...:p

Mitzer

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi

*sigh*

Thanks for the clip, it was a nice surprise to listen to early this morning.

I agree, that Ruben should not have been there. I was shocked, like everyone, to see Joshua still there. I am sure by the look on his face, he was surprised to still be sitting on the safe side. Hopefully the voters will make the right choice next week and Ruben will NOT be in the bottom. I am a Clay fan, but I think Ruben and Clay will most likely be the last two standing at this point. I would hate to see someone win that doesn't deserve it. So, remember to vote.

BRER STITCH

WOW!

I thought Trenyce and Kimberly were the two most entertaining of the remaining group.

I'm not about to bad-mouth anybody else's favorites, but those two sure seem to be the most enjoyable to me each week. (IE. They adapt their look and sound to the music they are performing each week.)

However, I think we now know that the show is DOOMED for the future by the fact that some large voting group keeps Joshua in the running.

It WAS funny to see the judges in such dis-belief last night though!!!

:lol:

SpongeScott

Originally posted by BRER STITCH
I think we now know that the show is DOOMED for the future by the fact that some large voting group keeps Joshua in the running.
If they want to do an AI, third edition, they need to change the voting process, especially if Joshua continues to rise through the ranks. He has been horribly inconsistent and not good. He was like fingernails on a chalkboard two weeks ago. The judges have to be allowed to weigh in on the voting process somehow--give them each 10% of the vote or something like that. It would be nice and interesting to know what the exact vote totals are each week--to see how much Joshua is actually pulling in or how close Ruben was to being eliminated. But I agree, the show is doomed unless something changes.

Invero

Originally posted by sandjhooker
If they want to do an AI, third edition, they need to change the voting process, especially if Joshua continues to rise through the ranks. He has been horribly inconsistent and not good. He was like fingernails on a chalkboard two weeks ago. The judges have to be allowed to weigh in on the voting process somehow--give them each 10% of the vote or something like that. It would be nice and interesting to know what the exact vote totals are each week--to see how much Joshua is actually pulling in or how close Ruben was to being eliminated. But I agree, the show is doomed unless something changes.

On AOL, they've had a poll going on, about who was your favorite... Here's the updated one:

45% Ruben Studdard 56,530
33% Clay Aiken 40,840
12% Kimberley Locke 15,227
10% Joshua Gracin 12,961
Total votes: 125,558

Last weeks poll was very similar, and Trenyse was at the bottom, which is why I wasn't surprised she got voted off... but I was expecting Josh to be there instead of Ruben... I mean, he has over 4x the popularity according to the AOL poll.

bizkid

Account Suspended
i think its good that ruben wasnt voted off because if he was the whole state of alabama would stop watchin the show. they would of boycottedthe show. i think josh definitely deserved to get voted off.

Disneyanna0521

Account Suspended
my favorites are Clay and Ruben . i hope they are in to the top 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am from alabama so between that and his great voice i am really a big fan.i also like the fact that physicaly he doesnt look like a "pop star"...he is cute as a button. i also really like clay. he is a really great singer!!!!!!!!!!!! i really hope he wins.

Invero

I think its great that despite not having the typical "image" that Ruben is so popular... It gives people out there the reminder that you don't need to have a supermodel physique to make it out there :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom