If you have any issues w/Disney Dining....

disneydiva72

Original Poster
We just came back from a week at Disney and we had DDP for our length of stay....we went to Flame Tree BBQ at the AK Park and we KNEW we had 6 quick service credits left....we got up to the cashier and he said "you have nothing left" well after a few minutes of arguing my husband said "Forget it, I will pay for the lunch and go to Guest services later" we did and they then told us to speak to the guest services at our hotel, they could help us.....so later we went to GS at our hotel and they confirmed that yes, we DID have 6 QS credits left and had no idea why the cast member said we had zero left, BUT! They could not credit us the meals, IF WE HAD CHARGED THE MEALS TO OUR ROOM, then they could have credited us....Sooooooo the moral of the story is, if you have ANY issues such as the one we had with your DDP, charge it to your room and then you can work it out later with the hotel with no issues. (hopefully)

I just wanted to pass that on because I am sure we are not the first people that has happened to.

ann0d

Thanks that really stinks! I would have been complaining up a storm. Should not have mattered weather you paid or charged your room. :mad:

disneydiva72

Original Poster
Nah, we didnt push this issue....maybe we should have but we just didnt feel like being aggravated over one meal...lesson learned tho.....if there is an issue, charge it to your room.

Dwarful

We had this exact issue happen to us on our last morning at the studios. We were using up our snack credits and the cashier said we were only allowed to use 4 at a time (as there were four of us in our room). I said fine, ring up the first 4, she did and then she said we had no more credits left...which I knew we had about 16 credits. Ended up back at the resort, they checked we had 18 credits that we had to use at the resort.

nc_disneyfreak

great tip!

my family and i are about 62 days out from our april 28th-may 5th stay...well be on the quick service plan, and i wanted to say thanks for this tip! it will come in handy if we have a similar problem.

mickeysshoes

I have made it a habit of charging everthing to our room. This was I am not carring cash. Then what I do is pay on our room charge very couple of days with the cash I have in our room safe. In the long run it just seem to be less of a hassle to go see GS a couple time during the trip then to have to deal with anything else that may happen. Very sorry you had to deal with a problem like this. COMPUTERS...cant live with them and where would we be without them!!!!! :lookaroun

DisneySaint

Why didn't you just ask for the printout of your credits? Both Flame Tree as well as DAK Guest Relations could've printed that right there for you.

GMRO

Never happened to us but we also keep the last receipt from eating - until the next time. This way we know where were are far as what is left.

If it ever came up that it was a system glitch or a CM that was not trained well we'd push the issue until resolved right there on the spot. NO need to get nasty but just firm towards an outcome that matched what we know we had left far as credits are concerned.

GOOD LUCK on the fix. And THANKS for pointing this out so we can ALL be more careful when it comes to this issue.

crbrown25

I think this happens somewhat frequently. I seem to remember overhearing a few instances last year while we were there for a week. But it's good to hear a strategy based on experience for rectifying the situation...charge to your room and consult with GS at your resort. As for you, Dwarful...i'm a Phillies fan...so you can take your tony larussa / cardinals love and...have a magical day!! :hammer:

disney magic 06

That is SO bad. I would definately email them. I emailed a complaint to them one evening a couple of years ago and they called back the very next morning.

Thank you for the advice, definately will watch out for this now.

DisneyJoe

I emailed disney about another type of complaint and never heard a word, funny thing I called first and the girl told me to email. What's up with that?

They don't have a phone number to handle complaints or even praise. You either email or write a letter. Both usually prompt a call to your home or cell within a few weeks to discuss your issue. I've talked to people a few times who are calling me back based on emails I sent in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom