If you have a GOOD sense of humour...

sittle

Original Poster
Hey!!

Found this 'story' on one of my favourite sites. I checked and didn't see this posted round these parts, so I thought I would provide a link to it...

Be warned... the following link contains humour of a satirical and adult nature, and it does use some choice words and images... please if you are easily offended, do not read the website... seriously.

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/news/disney-world-vacation.php

I like a lot of the humourous articles these guys do, I honestly do, but I have a broad sense of humour. They must have done some homework, even for a satire piece, they really know some of the more interesting intricacies about Disneyworld... hot button topics (the wand debate, monorail expansion), and problems (DHS half day park issue)...

Hope you enjoy it!

hack2112

Hey!!

Found this 'story' on one of my favourite sites. I checked and didn't see this posted round these parts, so I thought I would provide a link to it...

Be warned... the following link contains humour of a satirical and adult nature, and it does use some choice words and images... please if you are easily offended, do not read the website... seriously.

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/news/disney-world-vacation.php

I like a lot of the humourous articles these guys do, I honestly do, but I have a broad sense of humour. They must have done some homework, even for a satire piece, they really know some of the more interesting intricacies about Disneyworld... hot button topics (the wand debate, monorail expansion), and problems (DHS half day park issue)...

Hope you enjoy it!
This is great! But mainly because if you can't laugh at yourself...

MrBug

A few good chuckles there but I think they could've offended vastly higher numbers with a bit more work... :)

sittle

Original Poster
This is great! But mainly because if you can't laugh at yourself...

That's exactly what I thought!!!

You know we wdw fanatics are sometimes a real uptight bunch sometime... I don't mind getting my fur rubbed the wrong way once in a while!!

Figment571

Wow! That was hilarious! But if he wanted to talk of mating season he should have mentioned that weekend in June....:lookaroun

Yes, we are nerds and we are proud of it.....I think.

sweetpee_1993

:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

Okay. I'm one of the Disney-Geeks he talked about. But $3K???? I wish!!!!! That would be back when I could get an AP discount!!!! LOL!!!!

dazzer68

very funny, for someone that reports to hate the disney thing hs sure knows alot about it!, even looks like hes visited a few parks abroad to!
love the ecv thing so true!:ROFLOL:

Rammstein

When you said "sense of humour", I was expecting that article to be funny. The "American humour" has never been funny, compared to "British humour", which is totally better.

There were a few offending parts in the article which made it offending, not because they relate to me, but becuase they could offend anyone for the very same reasons.

Bit of a disgraceful report if you ask me. :lookaroun

sittle

Original Poster
...There were a few offending parts in the article which made it offending, not because they relate to me, but becuase they could offend anyone for the very same reasons.

That's why in my first post I included this statement; "... please if you are easily offended, do not read the website... seriously" , so anyone who may be offended by "satirical and adult humour" would not read the link...

SteveUK

When you said "sense of humour", I was expecting that article to be funny. The "American humour" has never been funny, compared to "British humour", which is totally better.

There were a few offending parts in the article which made it offending, not because they relate to me, but becuase they could offend anyone for the very same reasons.

Without meaning to sound disrespectful, I think you have somewhat missed the point. I appreciate why you think people could be offended, and I agree that some people could, but that is the intended irony of the piece, to take a pop at political correctness and those people who seem to spend their lives looking for something to be offended by.

I have no problem with anybody disapproving of blatant and overt offensiveness, but I also think there are many people who are just far too sensitive and spens their lives just looking for problems and offence where there doesn't need to be any. Those of us who find it funny, can read it and enjoy it. If you don't find it funny, just ignore it, don't read all the way through it, absorb it, consider it and then decide to be upset by it. There are far bigger things in life to be upset and offended by than a humourous article.

gusgoose

Yes, it's truly lacking that sophisticated wittiness of people chasing each other back-and-forth while "Yakety Sax" plays in the background. Us Americans have no idea what's funny.

hp200lx

This one isn't TOO too bad, except for his comments on stacy:ROFLOL:. Its about as bad as the something awful article.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom