If you could only choose one character dinner

Dustinius

Original Poster
Thanks guys, yes we are travelling with kids ( 5 year old boy and 8 year old girl). We did Goofy's kitchen in DL last year and albeit the experience was worth the price, the food was nasty. Definitely comparable to the Golden Corral. My wife is a chef and has a pretty distinguished palate. You never get amazing food at a buffet, most of it being recycled from the night before, but when spending over a 100 bucks for a family of 4, you would like to leave satisfied. With that being said, what Character dinner is best for both ambience and quality of food?

luv

Thanks guys, yes we are travelling with kids ( 5 year old boy and 8 year old girl). We did Goofy's kitchen in DL last year and albeit the experience was worth the price, the food was nasty. Definitely comparable to the Golden Corral. My wife is a chef and has a pretty distinguished palate. You never get amazing food at a buffet, most of it being recycled from the night before, but when spending over a 100 bucks for a family of 4, you would like to leave satisfied. With that being said, what Character dinner is best for both ambience and quality of food?
1900 Park Fare. :)

Garden Grill is good, too.

Pocahontas

Chef Mickey's or Cinderella's Royal Table. Chef Mickey's is a buffet, but I've never been there for dinner, only breakfast (which was great). Chef Mickey's has characters such as Mickey, Goofy, Donald, Minnie, etc. Cinderella's Royal Table is beautiful. It is a table service. The food is pretty good, not anything spectacular. All the princesses come around. They're both great, though.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
The penguins are not there. Te breakfast usually has marry popping, Alice, mad hatter, and Winnie the Pooh and tigger. Dinner has Cinderella, her prince, and stepmother and step sisters

The penguins make rare appearances at breakfast, usually when Pooh or Tigger's "friends" are unavailable, for whatever reason.

The same thing happens on rare occasions at dinner- about three weeks ago Lady Tremaine was "on a date with Captain Hook", so Cinderella invited the Fairy Godmother to dinner. Last night, the stepsisters were off "looking for men to marry" so Cinderella had her friend Aurora come over for dinner.

Matt_Black

The penguins make rare appearances at breakfast, usually when Pooh or Tigger's "friends" are unavailable, for whatever reason.

The same thing happens on rare occasions at dinner- about three weeks ago Lady Tremaine was "on a date with Captain Hook", so Cinderella invited the Fairy Godmother to dinner. Last night, the stepsisters were off "looking for men to marry" so Cinderella had her friend Aurora come over for dinner.

Yeah, in the comments section for "Confessions of a Retired Disney Princess Part 2", the former cast member who played Snow White mentioned how she once got called up to the Grand Floridian to fill in.

Sparkle81

Ooh, difficult one. I would have to say Garden Grill though. The food was really good, the characters were great with interaction (they actually came around twice whilst we were there), the servers were fantastic and the setting is really interesting. We enjoyed it so much that we actually tried to go again before the end of our trip, but couldn't get an ADR.

DisneyAubs

My family LOVED Garden Grill. It was voted second-best food of the week (behind 'Ohana). And the character interaction is great. I especially love Plute and Chip & Dale, so it was right up our alley.

But if you're more interested in characters over food, then Chef Mickey's is hard to beat with the Fab 5 there.

MouseDreaming

I would have to vote Garden Grill or Crystal Palace. I've never done either for dinner, but I couldn't imagine trying to get my kids at that age to leave the park for dinner.

hankhill

Actually a little shocked here. Crystal Palace has, IMHO, had better food than Chef Mickey's and I love the Pooh characters. Now if you're going for classic, Chef Mickeys is the place (I still remember this on the Empress Lily). I love everything about 'Ohana for dinner. For the Princesses I agree its tough to beat Cinderella's Royal Table in the castle. But if I had to choose just one.........I'm going 1900 Park Fare.

All are hits. Have fun

luv

I would add another vote for 1900 Park Faire dinner. The Tremaine's interact extremely well with both boys and girls. Loads of fun.
That is adorable and hilarious. One of my favorite family photos I've seen shared here! :)

I love seeing the stepsisters in the park. They're one of the funnier things going on at Disney.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
That is adorable and hilarious. One of my favorite family photos I've seen shared here! :)

I love seeing the stepsisters in the park. They're one of the funnier things going on at Disney.

That night was pretty amazing. DD actually had an Anastasia dress that night as well (DW loves to sew costumes) and changed mid-meal. The interactions with the sisters were incredible. Much to our surprise, when they were done the dinner shift the two CMs who were the sisters went to MK to do the Christmas parade - and we just happened to be watching with DD still in Anastasia costume. They both went wild and DD got all kinds of attention. Magical night to say the least!

bethymouse

My Mom ( age 73) loves the Garden Grill w/ Chip n Dale. The food is so fresh and delicious!
We didn't care too much for the 'Ohana breakfast. The characters were just "blah" to us, and the food was just OK.
Loved Chef Mickey's mostly for the character interaction!
My husband loves 1900 Park Fare food, and the stepsisters are one of the best character interactions you can experience at WDW. My boys, age 9 loved it!:joyfull:
Good character interactions at CP, but the food is just OK. Typical buffet. Nothing special.
Funny how no one's mentioned Hollywood and Vine Play n Dine!:cautious:
The only thing we liked about Tusker House breakfast was the early entry into AK, and Goofy! The food was pretty good, but unfortunately we were "rushed" out of there by our servers. They were also really pushing the photo package at the time!
I guess it just all depends on if you expect good food and good character interaction. I just don't see that with the buffets, sadly.:facepalm:

sd nana

My family have been going to WDW for over 30 years. For Breakfast we always go to Milo and Stitch at the Polynesian Village my Grandchildren are 15 and 13 we asked them if they still wanted to go to this Character meal and they still did so I think this says a lot about the fun. Micky and Minnie are also a part of the fun. Enjoy we will be there soon..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom