If you could only choose 2 out of 3 of these options...

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Before I ask the question, here's the background info:
My wife and I are taking our two youngest kiddos to WDW for 9 days. Our teenagers have class trips during same time so they aren't coming. Audrey is 7 and Garrett is 5. Neither are huge fans of fast moving rides so we end up spending a lot of time with characters and at the MK. Audrey loves learning about countries so we'll be at Epcot the 2nd most amount. then we'll go to DAK for one day and DHS for one day. We would might consider going to DAK another half day if the kids want to. They do love animals. :)

Anyways, just to save some money, I have to decide which 2 out of 3 options I'll add to our trip. So here ya go:

1) MNSSHP- They are kids and love dressing up. They have been before. There is no way they make it to midnight lol. 10pm at best

2) Memory Maker- We've never used this so we're curious if it's worth it. This is a long trip with the young ones.

3) Park Hopper- I basically am considering Park hopper just so I can eat at Epcot some evenings I don't have ADRs at other places. I love F&WF for the food. DHS food is just blech and we're going to be at the MK about 5 out of the 9 days so really don't feel like eating that much counter service at MK.

So if you had to choose which two, what would you pick?

Chernaboggles

Park Hopper and MNSSHP.

During a long trip, having the ability to pop in at different parks just for a meal or a show is very helpful, especially with Food & Wine going on. It just gives you so much more flexibility. MNSSHP is a known winner with your kids, plus it's an experience to enjoy together, it will actually MAKE memories, rather than just record them.

Having lots of photos from the trip is nice and all, but realistically, how many would you have printed up and display? You still have access to ride photos and the ones taken by Disney photographers, if there's a shot you really love you can just buy it individually for far less than the memory maker package.

Upvote 0

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Original Poster
Park Hopper and MNSSHP.

During a long trip, having the ability to pop in at different parks just for a meal or a show is very helpful, especially with Food & Wine going on. It just gives you so much more flexibility. MNSSHP is a known winner with your kids, plus it's an experience to enjoy together, it will actually MAKE memories, rather than just record them.

Having lots of photos from the trip is nice and all, but realistically, how many would you have printed up and display? You still have access to ride photos and the ones taken by Disney photographers, if there's a shot you really love you can just buy it individually for far less than the memory maker package.
Thanks! :)

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Maker and hopper. We got memory maker on our trip in June and automatically getting ride videos and photos makes it worth the value. Plus if you are doing slot of meet and greets it will be a huge plus as you get some stock footage in addition to pics with your kids. This is huge if you scrapbook.

Upvote 0

danyoung56

I agree with most. Your kids will have a great time at the MK during the Halloween party. And at least for me, park hopping is a must. Some of the parks will close early (like DAK), and I can't imagine having to go back to my room for the evening or out to Downtown Disney to basically kill some time. It's great to start the day at, say, the Studios and then finish out at Epcot.

Upvote 0

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Original Poster
In your post you mentioned saving money. In that case, none of these are essential to or really add anything to your trip. All three are completely skippable without taking away from your trip in any way. You can still have a terrific trip without any of the three.
I mean, I paid for 10 days at a moderate resort and it's paid off. It's not that I can't afford all 3. I'm just being some sort of a cheap skate in that I don't want to pay for three additional things. haha I don't mind two.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Maker and hopper. We got memory maker on our trip in June and automatically getting ride videos and photos makes it worth the value.
Ordinarily I'd agree, but it sounds like the OP will be skipping most (all?) of the rides that offer photos/videos anyways, so there's no real benefit there. If the whole family were going with the teenagers and whatnot, I'd say MemoryMaker is worth it. I just don't see the value without the on-ride photos unless it was a once-in-a-lifetime trip.

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Ordinarily I'd agree, but it sounds like the OP will be skipping most (all?) of the rides that offer photos/videos anyways, so there's no real benefit there. If the whole family were going with the teenagers and whatnot, I'd say MemoryMaker is worth it. I just don't see the value without the on-ride photos unless it was a once-in-a-lifetime trip.
Good point. Although if they do 7DMT it might still be a good selection.

Upvote 0

epcotisbest

I mean, I paid for 10 days at a moderate resort and it's paid off. It's not that I can't afford all 3. I'm just being some sort of a cheap skate in that I don't want to pay for three additional things. haha I don't mind two.
For me, I guess I am thrifty, which is different than being a cheapskate. We never hop, we take our own pics and don't do MNSSHP, so none of the three would be on our list. Again, for me, there is a big difference in saving a few dollars vs. spending money on something I won't use. Whichever you choose, I hope you have a great trip.

Upvote 0

Stevie Amsterdam

Maker & hopper. If your kids can't stay up late your family will miss most of the fun anyways. When I was at WDW last year I had memory maker for the following reasons:

1. Not bringing your own (expensive) camera
2.Photos are made by (semi) professional photographers
3. The on-ride videos OMG these were the best! Hope they'll add this to more rides!
4. The on-ride photos, of course
5. The convenience of tapping your magic band and having the pics send to your account

The hopper ticket is a good choice anyways especially during F&WF

Enjoy!

Upvote 0

Mukta

Memory Maker & Park Hopper.
Me too. I love MNSSHP, but the last 2 hours of it are my favorite. Your kids leaving early are the reason I love those last 2 hours (crods go down), so I don't think the value for 4 people is there.

Memory Maker is so nice when the kids are at this age. They are growing so fast that these pictures are priceless.

Upvote 0

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Original Poster
For me, I guess I am thrifty, which is different than being a cheapskate. We never hop, we take our own pics and don't do MNSSHP, so none of the three would be on our list. Again, for me, there is a big difference in saving a few dollars vs. spending money on something I won't use. Whichever you choose, I hope you have a great trip.
Yeah I agree thrifty is a better description of what i mean. Just moving money over to my F&WF fund haha

Upvote 0

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Original Poster
That's a good point. Summer of 2017 is my next full family trip after this October's trip. That's the summer after my oldest daughter graduates from high school. That might be a trip I definitely want Memory Maker on.Maybe I'll just save MM for that trip and do the MNSSHP and park hopper this time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

draybook

MNSSHP and Memory Maker. Having the ability to park hop is nice, but only the MK to Epcot transition seems to be quick, in our opinion.

The Halloween party is wellllll worth the price and having Memory Maker capture ride photos is great.

Either way you go, hope you have an awesome trip!

/edited to add BANG BANG! Dig the Foley pic!

Upvote 0

KikoKea

For 9 days, I would definitely go with Park Hopper. We often go to AK for the morning, then head to another park in the afternoon. Since your kids like animals, you could spend the day at AK, go back to your room for dinner and a break, then go to another park for a while when it is dark. I love the MK at night- just takes on a different feel and Epcot's WS is lovely at night.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom