If you could have your Disney wedding anywhere in a Disney park where would it be?

Dreamfinder's Girl

Original Poster
If I could have my wedding anywhere at WDW the ceremony would be in the Little Mermaid ride and the reception would be at Be Our Guest (I'm shooting for Ariel's at the Beach Club.. Dear fiancé doesn't care where it is as long as we get married.. :) ) At Disneyland I would love to have my entire wedding at the Golden Horseshoe because that's where dear fiancé began his Disney career. The ultimate for me though would be to have my wedding at Tokyo DisneySea (Ariel's Grotto of course) . Plus, I would love to have Figment as my ring bearer.
If money were no object and you could have your wedding anywhere in a Disney park, where would you have it and why did you pick that location?

Sweet Melissa

I don't love the idea of having a wedding inside a park, because having to do it before park opening or after closing seems inconvenient. I liked our Crescent Terrace wedding, Bluezoo reception, and Jellyrolls after party. If money were no object, I might have done a different event (like a rehearsal dinner or farewell brunch) in a park, though. Maybe we could have done a welcome party at the Living Seas salon, followed by an IllumiNations dessert party at the Italy Isola and a ride mix-in on Soarin'.

ETA: At Disneyland, I'd want the ceremony at the "it's a small world" courtyard and the reception in DCA's animation building.

G00fyDad

Of course I'd love to have had it inside Star Tours, but even if it were possible my wife would throttle me about the head and shoulders for even suggesting such a thing. My second choice would be inside the Be Our Guest Restaurant in the main ballroom.

Dreamfinder's Girl

Original Poster
I don't love the idea of having a wedding inside a park, because having to do it before park opening or after closing seems inconvenient. I liked our Crescent Terrace wedding, Bluezoo reception, and Jellyrolls after party. If money were no object, I might have done a different event (like a rehearsal dinner or farewell brunch) in a park, though. Maybe we could have done a welcome party at the Living Seas salon, followed by an IllumiNations dessert party at the Italy Isola and a ride mix-in on Soarin'.

ETA: At Disneyland, I'd want the ceremony at the "it's a small world" courtyard and the reception in DCA's animation building.
I've never been to Disneyland, but that sounds wonderful (from what I've seen in pictures)

Dreamfinder's Girl

Original Poster
Of course I'd love to have had it inside Star Tours, but even if it were possible my wife would throttle me about the head and shoulders for even suggesting such a thing. My second choice would be inside the Be Our Guest Restaurant in the main ballroom.
My fiance would probably love the Star Tours idea too (but he's always complaining because we never get the "good ending" whatever that is..lol), though he doesn't seem to be really that enthused regarding a Disney wedding for some reason. I'd love to take over the entire Be Our Guest restaurant for a wedding...cocktail hour in the West Wing, dinner and dancing in the ballroom...don't know what I would do in the third room (is that supposed to be the library?) but I'm sure I could think of something.

CAPTAIN HOOK

If money were no object -

The wedding - At the Grand Floridian (not the wedding pavilion).
Photos - Using Cinderella's Castle as a backdrop
The wedding meal - At Crystal Palace (love that building) with menus and food from some of Disney's signature dining locations

TXDisney

I'd have to say in front of the castle. We just got married there in January and loved the whole process. We got married at the wedding pavilion and had the reception at GF. We had 100 guests so that eliminated pretty much every place possible to get have the reception expect at a hotels wedding hall. We thought it would be cool to get married in a country in epcot like Italy, but turns out, you have to have I think 30 or less guests and you can't play music or dance. The temptation to drop the $$$ to get married in front of the castle disappeared when we found out, you can only get married when the park is closed, so before 9:00am or 10:00pm.

Dreamfinder's Girl

Original Poster
I'd have to say in front of the castle. We just got married there in January and loved the whole process. We got married at the wedding pavilion and had the reception at GF. We had 100 guests so that eliminated pretty much every place possible to get have the reception expect at a hotels wedding hall. We thought it would be cool to get married in a country in epcot like Italy, but turns out, you have to have I think 30 or less guests and you can't play music or dance. The temptation to drop the $$$ to get married in front of the castle disappeared when we found out, you can only get married when the park is closed, so before 9:00am or 10:00pm.
It sounds like you had a wonderful wedding ! I like the wedding pavilion too. My fiancé would rather get married at Disneyland because he's a California boy.

Even though I've never been to Disneyland, I think a wedding in the Rose Court Garden at the Disneyland Hotel would be so lovely. But I adore Epcot, and I think inside the glass pyramids of the Imagination Pavilion (if it were cleaned up a little!...okay maybe a lot...) or the in Seas would be pretty amazing. And a reception would be great at the Land, one of the countries, or at the Boardwalk!

Dreamfinder's Girl

Original Poster
Even though I've never been to Disneyland, I think a wedding in the Rose Court Garden at the Disneyland Hotel would be so lovely. But I adore Epcot, and I think inside the glass pyramids of the Imagination Pavilion (if it were cleaned up a little!...okay maybe a lot...) or the in Seas would be pretty amazing. And a reception would be great at the Land, one of the countries, or at the Boardwalk!
I have been looking into having my wedding at the Beach Club. If I could do something at the Imagintion Pavilion in the old Imageworks upstairs, like possibly have the ceremony there it would really be cool ( my fiance is the original Dreamfinder and did some voice work on the original ride), but from what he said, the upstairs is a disaster area . I would also love to do something at the Living Dead because I am a huge Ariel fanatic, but having our reception at Ariel's may just have to be enough.

patch553

we got married at the wedding pavilion and had our reception at raglan road,it was everything we could wish for,if it wer possible we would pic the magic kingdom under the castle:)
we had a portrait session there and the pics wer amazing,so to add all our guests to them would be out of this world

Disnee4Me

I saw a picture once of a wedding reception at the American Adventure Rotunda. It looked so cool. Not sure where the actual ceremony took place, but with may 60-80 guests max, this would be a good place for a reception.

TXDisney

I big deciding factor in where we were going to have our reception was if they could play music and have a dance floor there. A lot of the options don't allow you to play music or have a dance floor. If it's inside a park area during park hours you can't have those 2 things it seemed to me.

melmel89

That sounds eerily similar to a conversation me and my partner had about our wedding (we are currently planning a wedding at WDW) and he is rooting for star wars to be included as much as possible :rolleyes:

Fantasmic

On Splash Mountain...
Vultures saying "Time to be turning around, if only you could" LOL

As we go over the big drop...

I Doooooooooo

I'm kinda serious.... :eek:

Reception at Pirates of The Carribbean!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom