If you could celebrate your birthday in the World, how would you do it?

Sweet Melissa

Happy birthday!

I prefer to celebrate my birthday in the Land. I think June in California is nicer than June in Florida. Last year we spent the day in California Adventure. Rode lots of rides, took lots of pictures, had lunch and a couple drinks at the Cove Bar. In the early evening, we went back to our room and got cleaned up for the chef's tasting dinner at Napa Rose. It was an amazing experience that I'd love to do again, maybe for my 30th.

If I were in the World, I'd want to do something similar. Maybe spend the day at Epcot, then go to Il Mulino or Bluezoo for dinner.

PineapplePrincess

I hope you had a very Happy Birthday! I have been there on my actual birthday before, and we just did a normal day at Hollywood Studios. I wore my button, and got a lot of birthday wishes which I ate up! I got some extra attention from some of the street performers particularly Otto Von Bahn Bahn (sp?).
This year I will be there on my birthday again, and we are scheduled to go to Typhoon Lagoon that day, so I guess no birthday button for me there. :(
I chose Artist Point for dinner. I just love the atmosphere there. We will probably finish the night watching Wishes from the Top of the World Lounge since we are staying at BLT.

Pooh'sBuddy

Sitting here wishing I could spend my birthday (tomorrow) at Walt Disney World. Alas, the hubby is on call this week, meaning no birthday celebration for me. :( When I really think about it though I think I would have a hard time deciding how to spend my birthday. Time of year is everything. In the heat of the summer I would want to take lots of breaks and get out of the heat. So AK is definitely out. I think I would have to choose between MK and Epcot. Would want Epcot for the food and drinks. MK for the pixie dust!

Happy birthday!! Not that you can go wrong at either Park, I think EPCOT is a good choice. I got a "Happy Birthday" and a cookie from a bakery CM at Sunshine Seasons, so pixie dust happens there, too. :) I'd be SO at Rose & Crown flaunting that button. LOL!!:D

Disvillain63

Sitting here wishing I could spend my birthday (tomorrow) at Walt Disney World. Alas, the hubby is on call this week, meaning no birthday celebration for me. :( When I really think about it though I think I would have a hard time deciding how to spend my birthday. Time of year is everything. In the heat of the summer I would want to take lots of breaks and get out of the heat. So AK is definitely out. I think I would have to choose between MK and Epcot. Would want Epcot for the food and drinks. MK for the pixie dust!
Happy Birthday!!!!!

Disvillain63

I've been pondering this same thing, as I will get to celebrate my 50th at WDW in September (September 14). This is only happening because it's my 50th and I want to be their for all the villain festivities. So, it has become a long weekend...we'll arrive on Thursday and I haven't decided whether lunch will be at Beaches & Cream or Ghiradelli's before heading to the Magic Kingdom...dinner might be a funnel cake from Sleepy Hollow;) , after time at the MK we're going to Tambu Lounge to get a Lapu Lapu and watch the EWP from the beach.:D On Friday, we'll grab a quick bite before heading back to MK for Keys to the Kingdom tour which includes lunch at CHH (Broccoli Peppercorn Salad) and then a snack before we leave (Pineapple Dole Whip Float). We'll take a break at BWV (BWJ for a Frozen Pineapple Margarita) before heading to DHS and the Unleash the Villains Party (FFF for a gourmet hotdog & HS for Apple Crisp ala Mode)...leaving the park on my actual birthday. We're going to spend our next day (birthday) at AK (will be having a Yak Attack)and eat at Tusker House, last seating...casual walk through an empty park to leave. Sunday will be split between DHS & Epcot (Morocco -Tangerine Daiquri), and Monday will include breakfast at Captain's Grille and then shopping...DTD and Character Outlets. I'm sure there may be adjustments/changes before then, but this is my plan for now. DH only had input on dinner at Tusker House...I presented him with 3 menus and this is the one he chose. I was good with any of the three...two were in AK because I wanted to eat at one of the last seatings.

Mrsdonaldduck

Ooooooo just reading this now!!! I hope you had a happy birthday today Jessica!!! I think I would want to celebrate my birthday at narcosseess and have a beautiful cake from the gf!!

mouselvrmom

I will be doing my bday this year @ The World. :)

All day will be @ Epcot. Lunch @ Le Cellier and dinner @ the Flying Fish Cafe.

Looking forward topping off a great day watching Illuminations and enjoying some adult beverages around the World Showcase.

I'm celebrating my birthday in the world this year as well. And I am having lunch at Le Cellier as well. I guess great minds think alike! LOL

Pooh Lover

Happy belated birthday Jessica! I hope you were able to do something even a little special on your day.

Since this would be my birthday, DH would have to relinquish his beloved WL just this one time for the BC so I could be closer to my favorite, EPCOT. We aren't big breakfast people but since I'd be sooooo close to the Boardwalk Bakery, a stop would definitely be in order. We would probably spend a good bit of the day at EPCOT, maybe having lunch at Sunshine Seasons while we wait for our Soarin' fastpass, not forgetting to pick up some special birthday dessert. After a couple margaritas from La Cava, I'd have to make a pit stop into Karamell-Kuche for something delicious. I couldn't pass up my Grand Marnier slushie on my birthday, so one last stop before heading back to the BC. The evening would end with dinner at Ohana, watching Wishes from our table.

Jessica Meier

Original Poster
Thanks to everyone for birthday evening. Had a nice day with surprise visits from my parents and my brother. And my husband brought home a gorgeous chocolate fudge cake with strawberries on top! My baby girl sang Happy Birthday to me about 4 times. Doesn't get much better.

meganwdw

Happy Belated Birthday!!! Glad to hear you had a magical day!! We will actually be celebrating my DH's bday at WDW in December! Oh, that seems so far away! Easpecially since he's in Afghanistan right now BUT he will be home in 7 short weeks! Anyway, we plan on getting to OKW early that morning, playing around the pool and playground with DDs who are 3, and then later that evening take a boat ride to DTD for dinner at RR! It's his favorite place in the whole world I believe! What he doesn't know is that I plan on surprising him with a special pirate themed cake!! Well, I am having it delivered to our room that evening while we are away since I don't think the Disney bakeries will deliver to RR. It should be a magical week! Goodness I can't wait!!

Aurora1

I love doing my birthday in WDW! I've gotten to do it twice- once was my 21st! We spent the whole day the first trip in MK during year of a million dreams and got the Magic Fastpasses for our group of 15! The second time we did all four parks in one day- hit the big rides and then had dinner & fireworks in the MK!

PolynesianPrincess

My birthday is January 3, right at the end of the Christmas season so I don't think I would ever spend my birthday there since it is still crowded during that time. But if I could, I would start my day with pre-park opening at Crystal Palace. Spend the morning at MK and then head back to the resort (Ideally, the Poly or the WL) hang around the pool a bit, have a couple drinks then head over to Epcot and hang out around World Showcase, snacking and drinking. Dinner would be at the Cali Grill and winding down with watching Wishes from the observation deck! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom