If you’re in a wheelchair or ecv don’t take the path from YC/BC to DHS

Lilofan

I think the failure here was really operations who should have had cast and signage on either end warning guests
That's unacceptable. One part of the sidewalk should be accessible for guests instead of going through the grass area signage marked - danger alligators and snakes .

HarperRose

I doubt you'd find it as amusing if you were the guest on the ECV who was blocked from continuing on the path.
If that path were the only way to get to DHS, there would be a viable argument.

The "making a mountain out of a molehill" definitely applies here.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
If that path were the only way to get to DHS, there would be a viable argument.

The "making a mountain out of a molehill" definitely applies here.
Yes, you have options, and the path is just one, but if you opted to take the path, and there was no sign at your hotel warning you that the path was temporarily closed, you wasted however long it took you to get to the blockage, and however long it took you to get back to your hotel. Then you get in line for a bus or other transportation, which is likely why you chose to take the path to begin with...

Goofyernmost

So you see no problem with someone having to turn around to go use one of those other means? Why is it wrong to expect signage noting the closure?

It’s not a mountain of a problem. But it
is a legitimate issue.

It’s a customer service issue (no signage) and a potential safety issue (guests attempting to go around in an ecv / wheelchair as was said to be the case by the OP.)

Yes, you have options, and the path is just one, but if you opted to take the path, and there was no sign at your hotel warning you that the path was temporarily closed, you wasted however long it took you to get to the blockage, and however long it took you to get back to your hotel. Then you get in line for a bus or other transportation, which is likely why you chose to take the path to begin with...
Why is it so wrong to assume that the OP just didn't see a sign instead of there was no sign. I can't assume that nor can I assume that it is that far up the sidewalk as I'm not familiar with that area. However, since no one has jumped in as confirmed that no signage existed or no effort was made to inform people then until then innocent until proven guilty applies. Now if there was indeed no sign, I would be convinced that it was a huge oversite by Disney. I'm guessing that that sidewalk repair was sub-contracted, but that doesn't cancel the WDC from being sure that things are done correctly. However, that conclusion has yet to be proven.

lazyboy97o

Why is it so wrong to assume that the OP just didn't see a sign instead of there was no sign. I can't assume that nor can I assume that it is that far up the sidewalk as I'm not familiar with that area. However, since no one has jumped in as confirmed that no signage existed or no effort was made to inform people then until then innocent until proven guilty applies. Now if there was indeed no sign, I would be convinced that it was a huge oversite by Disney. I'm guessing that that sidewalk repair was sub-contracted, but that doesn't cancel the WDC from being sure that things are done correctly. However, that conclusion has yet to be proven.
It doesn’t need to be proven. You’ve just decided to attack the original poster as a liar to deflect from your prior nonsense claims that there is no issue. The original post was merely altering others. The photo is all the evidence required to validate that the walkway was being worked on and did not have an accessible means around the work available.

GymLeaderPhil

Concrete should have been redone in sections to allow for egress as there are no safe alternate paths for wheelchairs. End of discussion.

It’s impractical to put up signage as you’d have to put up a ton of them in every conceivable language at not only the nearby Studios main entrance, but also the four resorts that connect to the path as well as guests coming from Epcot. Communication would have to go out to guests staying in those resorts by letter impacting them that the walkway is closed.

Even then, there would be people who missed seeing the sign/letter and may potentially have to trek back to the Boardwalk to wait for other means of transportation.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Concrete should have been redone in sections to allow for egress as there are no safe alternate paths for wheelchairs. End of discussion.

It’s impractical to put up signage as you’d have to put up a ton of them in every conceivable language at not only the nearby Studios main entrance, but also the four resorts that connect to the path as well as guests coming from Epcot. Communication would have to go out to guests staying in those resorts by letter impacting them that the walkway is closed.

Even then, there would be people who missed seeing the sign/letter and may potentially have to trek back to the Boardwalk to wait for other means of transportation.
There was a time when Disney did impractical things for guest satisfaction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom