If Wishes was replaced with this..

AndyS2992

Original Poster
How would you feel if Wishes was replaced with this show (or one with similar effects used) for the 45th/50th anniversary?

I thought this was an awesome show. If they used some of the original music from the movies instead and added some kind of emotional story running throughout it I would be very pleased personally. Very modern and fresh.

I love Wishes but with Festival of Fantasy and the new stage show coming, I feel it is time Magic Kingdom got a new fireworks show too to complete the set.

Thoughts?

FigmentForver96

Its not that the show is bad but it would not be a good show for every night. Maybe something for summer time like Magical or something around October for the anniversary each year. The Lilo and Stitch, Tangled and Princess and the Frog are all things I would love to see in Disney fireworks though.

raven

When it comes down to it, fireworks are fireworks. If you watch the video with the sound on "mute" it's very similar to every other MK fireworks show.

If anything should replace Wishes they really need to think outside of the box (or sky if you will). Having a night time spectacular that can be seen from just about anywhere around the park would be ideal. Especially since the parks are so overcrowded recently and the Hub and Main Street are a nightmare to navigate. The could combine smaller floats, lighting, fiber optics, fireworks, music and other entertainment in the open areas all at the same time but each area would be uniquely different from the others.

DisneyChik17

When it comes down to it, fireworks are fireworks. If you watch the video with the sound on "mute" it's very similar to every other MK fireworks show.

If anything should replace Wishes they really need to think outside of the box (or sky if you will). Having a night time spectacular that can be seen from just about anywhere around the park would be ideal. Especially since the parks are so overcrowded recently and the Hub and Main Street are a nightmare to navigate. The could combine smaller floats, lighting, fiber optics, fireworks, music and other entertainment in the open areas all at the same time but each area would be uniquely different from the others.

I quite like that idea. Something totally immersive would be wonderful, and something that can bee seen at least from the entire parade route, to avoid the mad dash to The Hub afterwards.

I love Wishes! so much, the entire track and the story it tells bring me to tears every time (at least once a week). I have always thought it would be great though, to have some live characters in it: Maleficent casting her spell, Genie granting the wishes, and maybe Jiminy at least at the beginning and end. I just want it pushed to the hilt, and that would certainly help.

raven

I quite like that idea. Something totally immersive would be wonderful, and something that can bee seen at least from the entire parade route, to avoid the mad dash to The Hub afterwards.

I love Wishes! so much, the entire track and the story it tells bring me to tears every time (at least once a week). I have always thought it would be great though, to have some live characters in it: Maleficent casting her spell, Genie granting the wishes, and maybe Jiminy at least at the beginning and end. I just want it pushed to the hilt, and that would certainly help.
It's also been done before on a somewhat different level with Tapestry of Nations/Dreams at Epcot during the Millennium Celebration around the entire World Showcase lagoon. It looked like one giant parade but in fact was 3 or 4 separate parades happening at the exact same time. I realize this would cost quite a bit to achieve but we are talking about Disney, who seem have a bottomless bank account and spare no expense.;)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Very in your face and impressive and very.... grad nite. Though I guess the party atmosphere is what was intended.

Nice to see a regular fireworks show as a change but possibly not one to run every night (assuming they could afford to)

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
I enjoyed watching these more than I planned to when I first clicked on the video. But it didn't make me feel anywhere near as emotional as Wishes does. Wishes represents everything the Walt Disney Company is to me. It's inspiring and magical and enchanting. This was mostly just fireworks with Disney pop remixes in the background.
I will be very sad when Wishes gets replaced, but I'm realistic enough to know that it will be replaced one day in the future. When that happens, I hope Disney gives us something that has a similar feeling to Wishes.

DisneyChik17

It's also been done before on a somewhat different level with Tapestry of Nations/Dreams at Epcot during the Millennium Celebration around the entire World Showcase lagoon. It looked like one giant parade but in fact was 3 or 4 separate parades happening at the exact same time. I realize this would cost quite a bit to achieve but we are talking about Disney, who seem have a bottomless bank account and spare no expense.;)

I vaguely remember that, with the huge street puppets and what not. I remember how cohesive it all felt. I would love that at MK: a parade and fireworks that worked together and played nicely, and worked with CTM (because that makes me cry just like Wishes! does).

TTA94

One thing I am pretty sure of is when Wishes does get replaced it will include projection mapping on Main Street.

wdwfan22

The soundtrack for the DVC25 is horrible. wishes is fine the way it is. When the time comes and they do swap the show I can only hope it remains a fireworks show and not a light projection show with fireworks.

Mrs. Piglet

When Wishes does get replaced and goes down as one of the best Night Time Spectacular Fireworks shows Disney ever had they will have to come up with something that is really new and refreshing that is going to just WOW the guests. Definitely not the same old fireworks show from years before.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom