If the MSEP is returning to Disneyland, what happens to Magic Happens?

Disney Glimpses

Original Poster
I found it a little odd that MSEP is returning to Disneyland with Magic Happens having ran only 2 weeks before the closures, which had both a day and night mode. I wonder if that parade may make its way to the Magic Kingdom now. Unless they plan to either shutter it entirely or have both parades at DLR and none at WDW. Our luck indicates the latter.

Moana, Princess and the Frog, Coco and Frozen are films that are featured heavily in Disney Enchantment that also have floats in this parade. Perhaps it would make sense in that regard to tie the two together.

Disneyson

Can you imagine the uproar of MSEP plays in DL ~WHILE~ PTN runs in DCA, WITH WoC, fireworks, AND Fantasmic?! That would truly necessitate a two-night stay AT LEAST. Would be a good business model for Disneyland to compel guests to stay an extra evening. What a coup.

Just like it’d be nice to run a nighttime spectacular AND pageant in all four WDW parks. A guy can dream.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Just like it’d be nice to run a nighttime spectacular AND pageant in all four WDW parks. A guy can dream.
I don't want a parade in the Magic Kingdom until they fix egress. There was some talk once upon a time about a semi-themed backstage area cutting behind Main Street to get people out of the gates, but they also need to solve getting people across the lagoon faster.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I don't want a parade in the Magic Kingdom until they fix egress. There was some talk once upon a time about a semi-themed backstage area cutting behind Main Street to get people out of the gates, but they also need to solve getting people across the lagoon faster.
Well they have two Main Street bypasses available now. One semi-themed, one a complete backstage view, but they are happy to use both.
And lagoon transport is being addressed by https://www.wdwmagic.com/transporta...boat-second-level-access-testing-underway.htm

doctornick

Can't this just be solved by having 2 parade times plus having fireworks in between (which I think is what happened in the past)? People will naturally stagger which they will watch and when they leave.

mastromjm

In the Parks
Yes
Better question: what happens to PTN? Why run MSEP and not PTN? Are they moving PTN to WDW? Just kidding. WDW can enjoy the little cavalcades. They don’t care about WDW lol
I believe PTN was deemed very expensive to run/maintain at some point, which is why we haven't seen much of it. I have no insider information at all, but I don't think we've seen the last of PTN...but based on what I know (mostly from boards like this and twitter) it'll be a while. MSEP is cheaper and plays into nostalgia like crazy

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Can't this just be solved by having 2 parade times plus having fireworks in between (which I think is what happened in the past)?
I think part of the problem with staggered times is that you end up with large amounts of people entering and exiting the park at the same time. Parade 1 happens, then fireworks, then loads of people are trying to exit the park while the hoppers from Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and Studios show up to watch Parade 2, especially if Parade 2 is late enough where they can head over after Harmonious and Fantasmic have ended.

I have absolutely no clue if this is one of their considerations, and I know it's not as bad as this, but I just know how unsafe I felt trying to leave the Monstrous Summer 24-hour event around 10:00 when armies of people were showing up at the same time from the other parks. I thought I might die in front of Casey's Corner.

Epcot82Guy

I heard they are sending Magic Happens+ to MK. Since you are the magic, you will download a virtual experience of the parade to be viewed on app all along MainStreet. You will have your own personal audio experience, living the magic of a parade - but on YOUR device! (Requires Genie+)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom