If Pirates of the Caribbean Burned Down, Would Disney Rebuild It?

Raxel7851

If the whole thing burnt down they could collect the insurance and use the land as a free campground for displaced X-CM's and rebuild somewhere near the SC/NC border and just start over elsewhere. I'm sure there are plenty of places that would welcome a company the size of Disney located in their area.
There’s already an “Attraction” there. It’s Pedro’s South of the Border.

ppete1975

The iteration would definitely be different. Given how PC Disney has gotten they would be the
most polite pirates you have even seen, probably fixing up the town and helping the redhead
cross the bridge.
I didnt even look at it from that pov. I was looking at it as a rushed project due to the angry customers that demanded a pirates ride in florida. And we got an inferior product and they would be tired of hearing about that for almost the last 50 years.

Pepper's Ghost

I've been to DL once, and with a bunch of dudes in our 20s. I wasn't allowed to want to go on Pirates, or any other non-thrill ride. 😁 My question is, aside from external esthetic differences, the different queue theming, and the long slow ride along side the restaurant and past the cabin, are there other considerable differences? From the ride-through that I've viewed, it otherwise looks very comparable.

bhg469

I've been to DL once, and with a bunch of dudes in our 20s. I wasn't allowed to want to go on Pirates, or any other non-thrill ride. 😁 My question is, aside from external esthetic differences, the different queue theming, and the long slow ride along side the restaurant and past the cabin, are there other considerable differences? From the ride-through that I've viewed, it otherwise looks very comparable.
From memory there are two drops, the skeleton scene and at the end, after Jack Sparrow in the chair, there is another scene with pirates shooting at each other surrounded by powder kegs as you go up the waterfall.

Pepper's Ghost

From memory there are two drops, the skeleton scene and at the end, after Jack Sparrow in the chair, there is another scene with pirates shooting at each other surrounded by powder kegs as you go up the waterfall.
Ahh, you're right about the pirates shooting, but it's before Jack Sparra' in the chair. I mean, I see the extras, but is it really that much better to everyone. Better, sure, but folks talk about it like it's dramatically better.

bhg469

Ahh, you're right about the pirates shooting, but it's before Jack Sparra' in the chair. I mean, I see the extras, but is it really that much better to everyone. Better, sure, but folks talk about it like it's dramatically better.
It was definitely much better IMO.

Walt Disney1955

The current crop of Disney management would find a way to screw it up. I don't know what it would be, but they would screw it up somehow. So my guess is not rebuilding it in WDW unless there was a big demand for it. But I agree, Disneyland tends to be a little more local-based and more interested in preserving their great classics. So yes for them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom