IF our tower of terror ever had to be retheme

If it happened, what would the new theme most likely be?

• Guardians of the Galaxy like in California

• Tokyo Disney Sea tower story

• Something not done to a tower yet, like Pixar, another theme?

• Olivia Rodrigo

Results are only viewable after voting.

DVCscott

Original Poster
Not saying I would like this at all. I love the Twilight Zone connection as it stands. But if the Florida original tower were ever to be rethemed, which new theme would you think it would most likely be?

DVCscott

Original Poster
My thoughts. As said before I would not like to lose Twilight Zone, as it fits perfect. But if it happened I would hope it to be something like what Tokyo has with its tower. Guardians would make no sense being that it is across the way at Epcots new ride. I would want something still in the realm of haunted like Twilight Zone. Maybe even something original but that is a long shot for todays Disney.

Tony the Tigger

I would leave it alone. If the deal with The Twilight Zone franchise went south, I’d probably still leave it alone, just make it more themed to be a sister ride of the Haunted Mansion.

I suppose it could be themed to an alien spaceship attempting to abduct us, as we get caught going up in a tractor beam, fall down a little, back up, etc. and ultimately get away. That could use an existing IP or not (including a possible tie-in to the Sci Fi Dine In.)

Agardini51

I would leave it alone. If the deal with The Twilight Zone franchise went south, I’d probably still leave it alone, just make it more themed to be a sister ride of the Haunted Mansion.

I suppose it could be themed to an alien spaceship attempting to abduct us, as we get caught going up in a tractor beam, fall down a little, back up, etc. and ultimately get away. That could use an existing IP or not (including a possible tie-in to the Sci Fi Dine In.)
That is a great idea, IF they were forced to take out the Twilight Zone material. Would probably need minimal money/effort to retheme it like that.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I was anti GotG until I rode it.
I don't care about the movie that much or the storyline but there is something about those "hovering in the scene" parts and drops that is even more fun than ToT.
As much as I love The Twilight Zone I think I could let ToT go for GotG at HS.

JIMINYCR

Its apparent that I and others have missed the dazzling, mind blowing talent Olivia brings to the world and Yes someone of her amazing talent is deserving of a stand alone attraction featuring her vocal prowess and bodily presence. As much as I love ToT with the TZ theme... I'd be missing out on a #1, top thrill of a lifetime if we let her slip away.

ppete1975

you should have a nothing selection, at one point i was afraid we would get guardians but i think that ship has sailed and i feel the tower is way down the list of things to change now.

ppete1975

thats a great point.. you could easily remove the twilight zone aspects and keep the main theme as is. And work it into the SEA and HM lores.

jaklgreen

The Guardians of the Galaxy might not make and sense, but it sure is an amazing remake. I would go back to DL just for that ride. I love how they brought the humor of the movies into the ride. I have always disliked the theme of ToT. It is a bit disturbing to see that a family, especially a child, dies. How is that "fun"?

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
In another universe where we had the same shape and ride system but it wasn't a hotel theme - I'd probably want it to be based on a time machine where each floor is a different era. From dinosaurs to mythical ) fictional eras to finally, the drop session, being a major malfunction and bringing the worst of each era together.

The facade could be that of a tall research facility

An original idea i'd hope but unfortunately not one I feel they're capable of coming up with today.

Realistically I could see them making it based on Toy Story or Spiderman or Star Wars.

DVCscott

Original Poster
Cruella themed tower...
I can't begin to imagine the therapy children would need if elevator doors opened during the ride to reveal attacking dalmatian.
Come to think of, I'm an adult and would probably need some counseling myself after such a terror. Or at least a fresh change of pants.
61021d.jpg

monorail81

I think retheme it to a different Marvel franchise. While they are at it, retheme RNR and the whole area to Marvel and give WDW a Marvel campus. Just not a cookie cutter duplicate if DL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom