If I purchase APs and link them to my Magic Bands....

mm52200

Original Poster
If I purchase APs before my upcoming trip and link them to my MDE experience account to book Fastpass+, they won't be activated until I use them for the first time in the park correct??? Thank you!

disney4life2008

From my understand - unless you are staying on property you will not get a magic band nor will you have FP+ selections. You will activate your AP at the park and use the traditional FP system. If you are staying on property - I am not sure about the activation process but I am assuming yes -it will not be activated until your first visit to the park. But with that - I am not sure if you can link the AP to FP+ if its not activated and or if your staying on property.

RonAnnArbor

This is sort of a open-ended question at this point....If you are getting brand new AP's then the above is absolutely correct -- if you are Renewing, then then you are already activated and you can go ahead an link it up to MDE online -- if you are getting new AP's then you can not link them to MDE until you have activated them in the park with or without wristbands --

GeoDonJac34

We decided to purchase annual passes on the last day of our trip last month. We upgraded from 7 day hopper to AP. After purchasing we were sent over to FP+ kiosk to link to our MBs. We signed on to our MDE account and CM linked AP to MB for us.

JAG107

So, what if you are staying on property and bought AP's in advance strictly for the reason for booking FP+--and wanted to activate them at the start of the trip? Couldn't you link the voucher to MDE to book FP+ until you activated the passes upon arrival?

weedles

Yes you can do this If staying on property just enter the voucher # in MDE You can then make FP+ selections at your 60 day point When you arrive you activate the APs when you go to a park The AP will be linked to your band but make sure to get an AP card because you will need that for AP discounts

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I have a voucher and it is linked to MDE along with my resort reservations and ADRs. I went in this weekend and customized my MB for colour and name. I fully expect I'll be able to book FP+ when I reach the 60-day point, but won't know for sure until 1 March sincemy trip is planned for 30 April - 6 May.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom