If I could relocate an attraction at WDW......

jt04

Original Poster
I would move the Frontierland shooting gallery to Fort Wilderness. It would be coin operated like the old days.

It would also allow Liberty Square to expand so that it could have a Haunted Mansion restaurant. Using the Diamond Horseshoe space also.

kap91

Im not the first to propose it but I’d move it’s a small world to the center of epcot to join futureworld and world showcase. It’s presentational style is much more in line with (at least classic) epcot than fantasyland and its theme much more appropriate. Also it would free up a ton of land in the most bottle-necked and ill conceived corner of the Magic Kingdom.

Last edited:

jt04

Original Poster
Im not the first to propose it but I’d move it’s a small world to the center of epcot to join futureworld and world showcase. It’s presentational style is much more in line with (at least classic) epcot than fantasyland and its theme much more appropriate. Also it would free up a ton of land in the most bottle-necked and I’ll conceived corner of the Magic Kingdom.

Love it. From your keyboard to Mickey's Smart Phone.

jt04

Original Poster
I would move dinoland USA to hollywood studios so animal kingdom can have a true dinosaur land. Chester's and Hester's will fit much better with the hollywood stuff than the animal kingdom stuff and it adds more for kids to do in the park.

I never thought of this but it could integrate easily into a park themed as a city of sorts. Perhaps the more industrial part of town. Definitely works.

DisneyManOne

Im not the first to propose it but I’d move it’s a small world to the center of epcot to join futureworld and world showcase. It’s presentational style is much more in line with (at least classic) epcot than fantasyland and its theme much more appropriate. Also it would free up a ton of land in the most bottle-necked and ill conceived corner of the Magic Kingdom.

I always thought that, since the TRON Lightcycle Power Run is going up on a block of swampland to the east of MK, why not clear the upper swampland to build a new version of "small world" and diverge the riverways around the building? Plus, we could finally make a facade worthy of the "small world" name and diverge the railroad track so that it can go through the facade like it does at Disneyland.

In addition, this could also give us a chance to finally deal with one of the biggest eyesores in the park: the freeway the railroad passes under to get to Fantasyland. We could doll that up like the railroad bridge at Hong Kong...

5634368304_8839e1a3c1_b.jpg

...and place high-enough fences to prevent views of the cars from guests' P.O.V. Plus, there could even be a chance to make dioramas similar to Disneyland's railroad to fill the northern stretch of track, completely blocking out the backstage views.

As for the ride itself, we could make it bigger, add the entrance/exit tunnels and finally add in a North American scene.

jt04

Original Poster
I always thought that, since the TRON Lightcycle Power Run is going up on a block of swampland to the east of MK, why not clear the upper swampland to build a new version of "small world" and diverge the riverways around the building? Plus, we could finally make a facade worthy of the "small world" name and diverge the railroad track so that it can go through the facade like it does at Disneyland.

In addition, this could also give us a chance to finally deal with one of the biggest eyesores in the park: the freeway the railroad passes under to get to Fantasyland. We could doll that up like the railroad bridge at Hong Kong...

5634368304_8839e1a3c1_b.jpg

...and place high-enough fences to prevent views of the cars from guests' P.O.V. Plus, there could even be a chance to make dioramas similar to Disneyland's railroad to fill the northern stretch of track, completely blocking out the backstage views.

As for the ride itself, we could make it bigger, add the entrance/exit tunnels and finally add in a North American scene.

if they don't want to move it to Epcot this is a great plan b. That bridge in its current state is certainly an eyesore. 👏

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor is a great show that in no way fits with the themes or the visuals of Tomorrowland. I don't like the idea of Studio continuing to just become a catch all for random IP based attractions, but I can't think of anywhere else and it is worth keeping and worth moving.

So, move Monsters Inc to Studios would be my vote

jt04

Original Poster
If I had another choice it would be this

Build a larger Hoop-dee-doo theater as part of the "Wilderness" resorts. A bigger higher end show that is easier for people to get to.

Then I would move the CBJ from the MK to the old hoop-dee theater and make it a family character breakfast. Watch the show, curtain closes, Country Bears walk out for m&g.

A small stage could also be used for evening concerts or other events.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
If I had another choice it would be this

Build a larger Hoop-dee-doo theater as part of the "Wilderness" resorts. A bigger higher end show that is easier for people to get to.

Then I would move the CBJ from the MK to the old hoop-dee theater and make it a family character breakfast. Watch the show, curtain closes, Country Bears walk out for m&g.

A small stage could also be used for evening concerts or other events.
Ya know, I think that's actually a really great idea. Only issue is that the country bear theater isn't really large enough to do much with a replacement other than something really similar to what is there now. And while moving Country Bears to Ft Wilderness makes sense as that is already more of a "resort" where you can stay without even entering a park, moving Tiki Room to the Polynesian wouldn't work IMO because that is just a Disney hotel. You aren't meant to spend a whole day there like you are at Ft. Wilderness. But without moving Tiki Room, there's not much you can do with the country bear space.

stitchcastle

Move Frozen Ever After from EPCOT and put it in the Magic Kingdom. It fits better thematically and you could have an expanded movie-accurate area dedicated to it. Paired with The Little Mermaid ride it would make a great Hans Christian Andersen mini-land. It would also bring a "Mountain" into Fantasyland.

A big move would be putting Pandora in Hollywood Studios as it would work really well thematically with Galaxy's Edge. (Imagine the Hallelujah Mountains being seen from a distance within the Black Spire outpost) The main point of contention being that they don't really have the ...ahem, space... for it.

Also I'd put Fantasmic! in The Magic Kingdom and plop it down at the RIvers of America just like in Disneyland. I know this would be a logistical nightmare considering Frontierland is part of the parade route but hey this is never gonna happen lol.

Other moves would be moving Small World to Tomorrowland in place of the Tomorrowland Theater and giving it a proper Small World Facade. This would free up space in Fantasyland to expand the Tangled rest area and allow for either a new attraction (like the Tangled ride coming to DIsneySea) or a new restaurant (a version of the Snuggly Duckling from the movie)

Another full-on Blue-sky pipe dream would be to import the upcoming Beauty and the Beast ride in Tokyo and adding it onto the Be our Guest Restaurant.

TheDuke

This would make some people flip out since it's such a classic, but It's a Small World would fit much better at EPCOT somewhere close to the border of FW and WS. It being in Fantasyland doesn't make much sense to me.

TwilightZone

Since this is back to life, since stitch is closed, and I think the chairs are still there, move the chairs to Hollywood studios and reopen Alien Encounter!

For more realistic, GOTG coaster to hollywood studios even though Epcot needs it more.

stitchcastle

I just really like the effect of it being staged in an actual area of the park like at Disneyland. the west coast version is always so much more fantastical and intimate because of its location. It also allows for the use of the Liberty Belle for the finale. It would also free up DHS' Hollywood Hills Amphitheater to host a more elaborate original show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom