If I Could Expand Walt Disney World

stitchcastle

Original Poster
Hello everyone! lately I've been thinking about an old thread that I created for this forum which detailed what I would do if I were to recreate WDW in my image. If I Could Improve WDW (2005) Now over the years, I've grown a bit dissatisfied with what has been going on with the parks lately and it got me reminiscing my old daydreams for the resort. So I'm gonna revisit that old timeline and go from there keeping in mind the decades worth of progress that the Disney company as a whole has undergone.

I believe last I had it, Each of the 4 parks basically ended up with a Sister Park that they were paired with.

• The Magic Kingdom had Port Disney, which was essentially a clone of Tokyo DisneySea.
  • EPCOT was split up into 2 gates: EPCOT Center and World Showcase. (I think EPCOT was also turned into a Science focused University)
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom received a 2nd gate right across the way that I now dub Disney's Oceanic Kingdom, which was basically a more marine life focused version of the original Long Beach DisneySea. (I'll expand on this in the future since my original post was very vague, but let's say Moana, Nemo and Jack Sparrow have a new home)
  • Disney's Hollywood Studios on the other hand never got a sister park and I think it became a film/art school as well to encourage the return of productions to their soundstages.
Now because, Hollywood Studios never received a sister park and we have a lot of new IP to play around with. I've sketched together a brand new Disney Theme Park:

Disney's Galactic Adventure

spaceport.png

Leave your world behind and embark on a new adventure amongst the stars.

I'll go into more detail on each land in the future but I figured I'd sketch out a rough overview of the park. A lot of it is based on some re-imagined old concepts from imagineering and I will be expanding on each of the lands that technically already exist. Also, the park's mascot is Buzz Lightyear and he'll be guiding you through Disney's galaxy of planets.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Hello everyone! lately I've been thinking about an old thread that I created for this forum which detailed what I would do if I were to recreate WDW in my image. If I Could Improve WDW (2005) Now over the years, I've grown a bit dissatisfied with what has been going on with the parks lately and it got me reminiscing my old daydreams for the resort. So I'm gonna revisit that old timeline and go from there keeping in mind the decades worth of progress that the Disney company as a whole has undergone.

I believe last I had it, Each of the 4 parks basically ended up with a Sister Park that they were paired with.

• The Magic Kingdom had Port Disney, which was essentially a clone of Tokyo DisneySea.
  • EPCOT was split up into 2 gates: EPCOT Center and World Showcase. (I think EPCOT was also turned into a Science focused University)
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom received a 2nd gate right across the way that I now dub Disney's Oceanic Kingdom, which was basically a more marine life focused version of the original Long Beach DisneySea. (I'll expand on this in the future since my original post was very vague, but let's say Moana, Nemo and Jack Sparrow have a new home)
  • Disney's Hollywood Studios on the other hand never got a sister park and I think it became a film/art school as well to encourage the return of productions to their soundstages.
Now because, Hollywood Studios never received a sister park and we have a lot of new IP to play around with. I've sketched together a brand new Disney Theme Park:

View attachment 654180

I'll go into more detail on each land in the future but I figured I'd sketch out a rough overview of the park. A lot of it is based on some re-imagined old concepts from imagineering and I will be expanding on each of the lands that technically already exist. Also, the park's mascot is Buzz Lightyear and he'll be guiding you through Disney's galaxy of planets.
Ugh, I hope there is Roger Rabbit attractions coming to DHS if the sequel to Who Framed Roger Rabbit is coming soon.

HomeImagineer

View attachment 654180

This looks so amazing, also i really loved the name of this park, also its no Tomorrowland Theme Park which i do agreed but instead its a whole Galaxy of Theme Parks in this ideal park you make. Good Job, i can't wait to see you putting in details for this Galactic Adventure park. By the way i wish if their also Spaceman Mickey & their crew from Galactic Gateway - (Main Street) or even at The Spaceport. i also had 2 pics of what Mickey & his Friends would look like in their futurist spacesuits.

MV5BN2EzZWZjNWQtZDFjNy00ZTFhLTk2MGUtYjI1OTYzZmRhMWVkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTE1NzQ0OTgw._V1_.jpg

or even like this
2567437674_d270006301_b.jpg

stitchcastle

Original Poster
This looks so amazing, also i really loved the name of this park, also its no Tomorrowland Theme Park which i do agreed but instead its a whole Galaxy of Theme Parks in this ideal park you make. Good Job, i can't wait to see you putting in details for this Galactic Adventure park. By the way i wish if their also Spaceman Mickey & their crew from Galactic Gateway - (Main Street) or even at The Spaceport. i also had 2 pics of what Mickey & his Friends would look like in their futurist spacesuits.

View attachment 654619
or even like this
View attachment 654620

Oh my god you're so right! That's a great idea! I was feeling like something was missing with the park and I originally intended to have Buzz Lightyear be the park's mascot but it makes so much more sense for Spaceman Mickey to be the main face of it. Yeah! I'll incorporate that, and they will be in charge of The Spaceport.

I'm waiting till the weekend when I have a little bit of free time to add in more details and go land by land. I'm also going to add a Futurama section of the park since I felt it was missing more cartoon-y kid-friendly elements. So with Spaceman Mickey and friends being the ones running the Spaceport (which will be a giant, multi-level land on its own, that also acts as the main icon of the park) there should be plenty for the kiddies.

stitchcastle

Original Poster
Ugh, I hope there is Roger Rabbit attractions coming to DHS if the sequel to Who Framed Roger Rabbit is coming soon.
Yeah! I think in the old thread, Hollywood Studios had an entire Roger Rabbit section with a roller coaster and Baby Herman buggy ride. So in this universe, they've had a Roger Rabbit land for a while.

stitchcastle

Original Poster
hey there @stitchcastle just wanna let you know when are you going to think of some attractions, details & stuff for Disney's Galactic Adventure, just saying?

Hey! sorry about the late reply but I do have a generalized opening roster of attractions for it. I've just been waiting to find time and energy to put them together with some drawings into a nice presentation for the thread. But here's what I initially outlined with general attraction names:

~~Disney’s Galactic Adventure~~

Dedicated Resorts:
  • Star Wars Galaxy Cruiser (will be big towers that look like docked ships and can be seen from inside the park)
  • Marvel’s New York Hotel (art deco style that also serves as a museum of props from the MCU)

Galactic Gateway - the main street of the park, designed like what the 1960's imagined the future would be like.
  • The Visionarium
  • Captain EO
  • The Galactic Gateway People Mover
The StarPort - Housed inside the park's icon, will contain within some of the greatest spaceships in sci-fi history all docked and life-sized, ready to be explored. The ceiling will of the land is going to be a giant screen that will project space with the many ships and stars that pass through.

The icon also acts as the park's main hub with Hyper-Gates that connect guests to each "Planet".
  • The Galactic Orrery
  • Buzz Lightyear’s Astro Blasters
  • Alien Encounter
  • Sci-Fi Ship Docks
  • Star Tours
Futurama's New York
  • The Slurm Factory (interactive ride)
  • Futurama: Welcome to the Future (ride)
  • Slime Monster Orbiter (flat ride)
  • Zoidburg Spinners (flat ride)
  • New New York Transport Tubes (ride)
Tatooine (basically porting over Galaxy's Edge)
  • Mos Eisley Marketplace
  • Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run
  • Sebulba’s Bantha Tours
  • Droid Factory
  • Jabba’s Palace (restaurant and meet and greet location)
  • The Mos Eisley Cantina
  • Boonta Eve Podrace (phase 2)
Hoth (still need to make a pass at this since on paper it looks too e-ticket heavy)
  • Rise of the Resistance (same as Galaxy's Edge's but with more animatronics and added scenes.)
  • SnowSpeeder Rescue (ride)
  • Star Wars Imperial Academy
  • Rogue Squadron (phase 2, will be updated and moved from Hollywood Studios)
Pandora: World of Avatar
  • Na’Vi River Journey
  • Flight of Passage
  • Sa’tuli Canteen
Sakaar (I'm actually considering changing this land to New Asgard instead as it might look too similar visually to the Guardians land but I still have to figure out exactly what sort of attractions it would have.)
  • The Junkyard
  • The Incredible Hulkstorant (dining)
  • The Grandmaster’s Tower (show)
  • Journey to Asgard: The World of Thor (ride)
  • World War Hulk (ride? show? phase 2?)
Knowhere (a lot of the attractions here are still vague and will probably change because of the last Guardians movie)
  • The Collector’s Emporium
  • Manto’s Bar
  • Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission: Breakout
  • Cosmic Rewind
  • Rocket Racoon’s Workshop

Nighttime Entertainment:
  • Journey to the Stars (Drone, light show)

I haven't really had the chance to think the attractions through yet but those I feel are the general necessary attractions for this. When I get time to sit and think things through I'll put together a nicer presentation that mimics Disney press releases complete with illustrations and drawings.

Last edited:

HomeImagineer

Hey! sorry about the late reply but I do have a generalized opening roster of attractions for it. I've just been waiting to find time and energy to put them together with some drawings into a nice presentation for the thread. But here's what I initially outlined with general attraction names:

~~Disney’s Galactic Adventure~~

Dedicated Resorts:
  • Star Wars Galaxy Cruiser (will be big towers that look like docked ships and can be seen from inside the park)
  • Marvel’s New York Hotel (art deco style that also serves as a museum of props from the MCU)

Galactic Gateway - the main street of the park, designed like what the 1960's imagined the future would be like.
  • The Visionarium
  • Captain EO
  • The Galactic Gateway People Mover
The StarPort - Housed inside the park's icon, will contain within some of the greatest spaceships in sci-fi history all docked and life-sized, ready to be explored. The ceiling will of the land is going to be a giant screen that will project space with the many ships and stars that pass through.

The icon also acts as the park's main hub with Hyper-Gates that connect guests to each "Planet".
  • The Galactic Orrery
  • Buzz Lightyear’s Astro Blasters
  • Alien Encounter
  • Sci-Fi Ship Docks
  • Star Tours
Futurama's New York
  • The Slurm Factory (interactive ride)
  • Futurama: Welcome to the Future (ride)
  • Slime Monster Orbiter (flat ride)
  • Zoidburg Spinners (flat ride)
  • New New York Transport Tubes (ride)
Tatooine (basically porting over Galaxy's Edge)
  • Mos Eisley Marketplace
  • Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run
  • Sebulba’s Bantha Tours
  • Droid Factory
  • Jabba’s Palace (restaurant and meet and greet location)
  • The Mos Eisley Cantina
  • Boonta Eve Podrace (phase 2)
Hoth (still need to make a pass at this since on paper it looks too e-ticket heavy)
  • Rise of the Resistance (same as Galaxy's Edge's but with more animatronics and added scenes.)
  • SnowSpeeder Rescue (ride)
  • Star Wars Imperial Academy
  • Rogue Squadron (phase 2, will be updated and moved from Hollywood Studios)
Pandora: World of Avatar
  • Na’Vi River Journey
  • Flight of Passage
  • Sa’tuli Canteen
Sakaar (I'm actually considering changing this land to New Asgard instead as it might look too similar visually to the Guardians land but I still have to figure out exactly what sort of attractions it would have.)
  • The Junkyard
  • The Incredible Hulkstorant (dining)
  • The Grandmaster’s Tower (show)
  • Journey to Asgard: The World of Thor (ride)
  • World War Hulk (ride? show? phase 2?)
Knowhere (a lot of the attractions here are still vague and will probably change because of the last Guardians movie)
  • The Collector’s Emporium
  • Manto’s Bar
  • Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission: Breakout
  • Cosmic Rewind
  • Rocket Racoon’s Workshop

Nighttime Entertainment:
  • Journey to the Stars (Drone, light show)

I haven't really had the chance to think the attractions through yet but those I feel are the general necessary attractions for this. When I get time to sit and think things through I'll put together a nicer presentation that mimics Disney press releases complete with illustrations and drawings.
Pretty Awesome ideas @stitchcastle

stitchcastle

Original Poster
I love the space themed park, you could even put Alien and Predator in it.
Oh definitely! Especially since Disney now owns both properties. My initial thought was to have the original movie-themed Alien Encounter in the main StarPort but I completely forgot about Predator! I now wonder if it makes sense to create an entire land out of it? The lore of Alien vs Predator is already pretty rich that it could easily fuel its own land or mini-land.

And honestly, the more it's jostling in my brain the more I'm thinking, we could just appropriate the idea of Sakaar from Thor being a junkyard planet and have it have a space-ship graveyard of sorts where one of them could be the entrance to an Alien v.s. Predator E-ticket. Something on the level of Men In Black where you go in to liberate a Xenomorph infested space ship and then you get caught in a battle between the two species.

HomeImagineer

Oh definitely! Especially since Disney now owns both properties. My initial thought was to have the original movie-themed Alien Encounter in the main StarPort but I completely forgot about Predator! I now wonder if it makes sense to create an entire land out of it? The lore of Alien vs Predator is already pretty rich that it could easily fuel its own land or mini-land.

And honestly, the more it's jostling in my brain the more I'm thinking, we could just appropriate the idea of Sakaar from Thor being a junkyard planet and have it have a space-ship graveyard of sorts where one of them could be the entrance to an Alien v.s. Predator E-ticket. Something on the level of Men In Black where you go in to liberate a Xenomorph infested space ship and then you get caught in a battle between the two species.
so lets say this, If something like Buzz Lightyear Space-Ranger Spin & Star Tours move to this park & Star Wars Land would not go to Hollywood Studios anytime then i wonder what the 4 WDW Parks would look like when ur 5th gate idea Galactic Adventure was created & even where in the world would be put ur Disney’s Galactic Adventure park in?

stitchcastle

Original Poster
so lets say this, If something like Buzz Lightyear Space-Ranger Spin & Star Tours move to this park & Star Wars Land would not go to Hollywood Studios anytime then i wonder what the 4 WDW Parks would look like when ur 5th gate idea Galactic Adventure was created & even where in the world would be put ur Disney’s Galactic Adventure park in?

Actually, altogether there are 8 Gates in the resort by this point as each of the original Parks received a sister theme park. As per the original "If I could improve" thread. It started with Port Disney being the 5th Gate and with Galactic Adventure coming, each areas of the resort would be re-zoned to accommodate the 2 park configurations, so there would be 4 Resort Districts similar to Disneyland.

I made a rough layout of what the Hollywood Studios Area would look like:
Screen Shot 2023-06-30 at 1.27.30 AM.png

I generally still need to figure out the branding of each "Zone" really. So I might need help with that later on.

Last edited:

Rambozo

Actually, altogether there are 8 Gates in the resort by this point as each of the original Parks received a sister theme park. As per the original "If I could improve" thread. It started with Port Disney being the 5th Gate and with Galactic Adventure coming, each areas of the resort would be re-zoned to accommodate the 2 park configurations, so there would be 4 Resort Districts similar to Disneyland.

I made a rough layout of what the Hollywood Studios Area would look like:
View attachment 727415

I generally still need to figure out the branding of each "Zone" really. So I might need help with that later on.

That sounds interesting. If you could give boat access to each of the hotels that would be a grand slam.

stitchcastle

Original Poster
That sounds interesting. If you could give boat access to each of the hotels that would be a grand slam.
That's a great idea! We could probably loop it all the way through Victory Way and connect it through Pop Century and Caribbean Beach, through Riviera and then loop it back to the other side of World Showcase.

It could be a little complicated but at that point I'd love to connect the boat-way canals all the way to Downtown Disney's Crescent Lake (at this point Disney Springs hasn't happened)

HomeImagineer

That's a great idea! We could probably loop it all the way through Victory Way and connect it through Pop Century and Caribbean Beach, through Riviera and then loop it back to the other side of World Showcase.

It could be a little complicated but at that point I'd love to connect the boat-way canals all the way to Downtown Disney's Crescent Lake (at this point Disney Springs hasn't happened)
you know stitchcastle, u should do your own-plan of your WDW Resort like DisneyManOne is doing to his, u know like ur tables of contents & stuff of your wdw project but in ur own vision, i found this ones for example from DisneyManOne in this site.

MickeyMouse10

Nice, I also thought of the idea for Sister Resorts. I figured Disney could use their land more efficiently with parking decks like Universal and Disney Springs has. And save on new roads by building it right next to other parks. I kept the RetroCot thread, but deleted the Beastly Dominion one.

stitchcastle

Original Poster
you know stitchcastle, u should do your own-plan of your WDW Resort like DisneyManOne is doing to his, u know like ur tables of contents & stuff of your wdw project but in ur own vision, i found this ones for example from DisneyManOne in this site.

Oh thank you! Yeah that would be very smart and those threads all look so organized! I'll try to put something like that together at some point in the future when i get time. It would be a lot of curating and re-arranging based on my original thread from 20 years ago so it feels a little daunting lol.

stitchcastle

Original Poster

Nice, I also thought of the idea for Sister Resorts. I figured Disney could use their land more efficiently with parking decks like Universal and Disney Springs has. And save on new roads by building it right next to other parks. I kept the RetroCot thread, but deleted the Beastly Dominion one.

Yeah! parking decks are so much less taxing on guests' feet, i feel.

I've been thinking as well, and having Sister Resorts is great for creativity and expansion but with so much infrastructure and capacity built up, I do wonder if there's a way to incentivise cast members and workers to live permanently on site? In my original thread, EPCOT and Hollywood Studios have restored their roles as a research facility and working movie/television studios respectively. EPCOT is also a university now. So there's even more people having to live and work in the area.

HomeImagineer

so we got 5 parks in ur resort vision.
  • The Magic Kingdom
  • E*P*C*O*T*
  • Disney's Hollywood Studios
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom
  • Disney's Galactic Adventure
so if there is 8 Gate Parks then what could be the 3 other parks?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom