Trip Report If At First You Don't Succeed...*COMPLETED*

Well we're trying again.

Easter week at WDW.

Not my favorite week to visit but when your travel buddy is a teacher, you make the sacrifice. Except this year it doesn't feel like a sacrifice. The loss of our Easter 2020 vacation (thanks to COVID) was harder than I expected. I’m excited to have the chance for a do-over!

Of course the plans we had in 2020 aren't the same for 2021. We'll have no Fastpasses to skip the long lines. There will be no turkey sammie for lunch at Be Our Guest or All-American Sundae from the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor. No fireworks to conclude our Disney days. And we'll be staying at a different resort.

But that's all okay....there's still fun to be had! And thanks to the credit we received from last year's cancellation, most of our trip is already paid.

I have to give David's Vacation Club Rentals props. Eighteen months ago I'd signed a "no refunds" contract for our 2020 points rental, figuring it was a low-risk gamble. When the pandemic happened and WDW closed, we considered our monies lost ~ disappointing for sure, but understanding that was the result of the risk we took. After all, David's is a business which would also lose money from this pandemic. Legally they did not have to do anything for us. Yet I received a travel voucher for the full amount we paid.

I hope to report live on the adventures of Tuvalu and Em beginning next Sunday. Time will tell if I succeed. ;)

3D585BEC-14E4-4156-9423-5BCD6271BEF2.jpeg

(Must have been a Callan photo shoot. :hilarious:)

93boomer

Premium Member
The wait for Buzz is only 20 minutes. We join the line.

I warn Kel that we will all ride in separate vehicles, due to my competition problem.

I also tell her how Buzz did me wrong a couple weeks ago, with two broken guns and a car that wouldn’t spin.

Perhaps this vehicle with the covered laser blasters is the one I used last time?

View attachment 552119

We are stopped twice. The first time for several minutes in the escape tunnel near the end. The screen motion in the tunnel has always made me queasy and I can never shoot at the targets here. Being stuck in this place is my worst nightmare.

(Ok, not my WORST nightmare but you get my drift.)

I keep my eyes close until our vehicles begin moving again.

When I open them I am immediately blinded by the ride photo flashes.

#Fail
View attachment 552124

But Woody and Kel don’t fare much better.

View attachment 552123

View attachment 552122

Our vehicles stop again and I begin a frantic search for the cameras.

“Take a picture!” my brain screams.

View attachment 552120

I get all excited when I see this....

View attachment 552121

I send it to Em captioned, “I FOUND IT!”

She replies, “That’s the fake-out camera.”

Oh No Oops GIF by Marika Hackman

I’ve decided I hate Buzz.

Especially since my score came in third. Kel scored her highest ever.

Woody bested us with nearly 900,000 points.
Honey, you just made our wait for MMRR bearable!! 🤣

slipperalwaysfits

Can you find the kitty?

And because of my inept photography skills you can’t see it either. Better sit in the first row on the left side next time and prepare to be blown away.
YES, I will sit on the left side, first row next time. I was going crazy trying to find the cat for a few minutes.:jawdrop:

I send it to Em captioned, “I FOUND IT!”

She replies, “That’s the fake-out camera.”
I'm like you @Tuvalu I'm really good at finding the fake-out cameras!
The anniversary adornments are growing on me.

View attachment 552130
:p:jawdrop:I'm struggling big-time with the adornments. I like them, but they aren't the Castle Dream lighting (which we won't get this Christmas, either,; thanks to the adornments). I miss the lighting soooo much!
The first words out of my mouth?

“Is John Stamos here??!!
His new Disney Plus show is FANTASTIC! I'm always looking for celebs at Disney, I don't recognize many, though. Even with the VIP tour guides.
This is MY worst nightmare.

@tonystark and @Captain Barbossa HAUNTED MANSION IS DOWN!!!
YES. Whatever are you to do??:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Sunday, April 25

Since the lamp passed inspection, it was ok to move on.

View attachment 552008

We infiltrated the DVC lounge. We are not DVC members.

View attachment 552005

But sweet @Nunu is!

View attachment 552004

It has been years since Woody and I have been upstairs in the Imagination pavilion. We told @Nunu about the fun activities located in the Imageworks that we participated in as a family.

The Imageworks of today is nothing compared to yesteryear.

Another Magician meet. This time at Sunshine Seasons.

@93boomer (and her hubby)

View attachment 552006

@Nunu came too!

View attachment 552007

These guys were not there.

View attachment 552010
View attachment 552011
View attachment 552009

But they ended up in my Photopass account, so maybe they were! 🤣

It was a great evening!

Lucky girl you are to have a meet up with sweeties like @93boomer and @Nunu ! Hope you are having fun!

93boomer

Premium Member
We ponder Space Mountain until we see it’s a 60 minute wait.

Did I mention that it is Cheerleading tour groups day?

(Yesterday was Dapper Day at Epcot.)

We decide to visit with John and his family. We get front row seats.

View attachment 552101

Can you find the kitty?

View attachment 552097

Trust me, it’s there. On the floor next to the plant. Over 100 viewings of CoP and I’ve never noticed the kitty in this scene.

And because of my inept photography skills you can’t see it either. Better sit in the first row on the left side next time and prepare to be blown away.

Meanwhile I think it’s a good idea to take pictures of two more scenes in this spot. Cause ya never know what you might find.

View attachment 552098

View attachment 552099

Oh we need a little Christmas
right this very minute....

View attachment 552112

@Loco_driver I took this next one for you. Didn’t you post a photo of this message board once? Wanted to see if any of the messages are new.

View attachment 552117

Of course you’ll have to enlarge it.
Or have excellent vision.
But at least you know I was thinking of you!
We saw it last year and wondered if it has always been there because that is the first time we’ve seen it too.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We wait a good 45 minutes for Pirates.

Why is the wait for this attraction always so long?

Thankfully there’s a nice breeze blowing so we aren’t sweating in the outdoor part of the queue.

Our ride photo hasn’t appeared in MDE so you’ll have to trust me when I say we had front row seats.

Kel and I sang “Yo Ho Yo Ho” with the Pirates. (We also sang along with every chorus of “There’s a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow” much to Woody’s chagrin. Of course he may have been singing with us....hard to tell behind a mask!)

After Pirates we bid Kel farewell. That little sneak went off and rode Space Mountain without us!

F033A4B2-E0FE-4B3E-9C86-892862D727E0.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We have the perfect Dr. Rick moment, but I am not fast enough to capture a pic. “We all see it.”

Breathe Out Deep Breath GIF by Progressive

A woman with various shades of pink hair is walking two dogs ~ a large poodle and a smaller dog ~ whose coats are also dyed in shades of pink.

We are still trying to figure out why pink haired lady needs two support animals at the MK. 🤔

The4mousekeeters

Sunday, April 25

Since the lamp passed inspection, it was ok to move on.

View attachment 552008

We infiltrated the DVC lounge. We are not DVC members.

View attachment 552005

But sweet @Nunu is!

View attachment 552004

It has been years since Woody and I have been upstairs in the Imagination pavilion. We told @Nunu about the fun activities located in the Imageworks that we participated in as a family.

The Imageworks of today is nothing compared to yesteryear.

Another Magician meet. This time at Sunshine Seasons.

@93boomer (and her hubby)

View attachment 552006

@Nunu came too!

View attachment 552007

These guys were not there.

View attachment 552010
View attachment 552011
View attachment 552009

But they ended up in my Photopass account, so maybe they were! 🤣

It was a great evening!
I thought that lamp pic meant another trip. Love it! And Magician meet ups! Yay! Have fun!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Woody and I venture to Disney Springs.

It’s a lovely evening and the walkways aren’t very crowded. Our first stop is Gideon’s Bakehouse.

Woody is confused as to why we are waiting in line to join a virtual queue in order to buy cookies.

“It’s a thing,” I reply.

Our return time is approximately 125 minutes. To buy cookies.

We pass some time in Uniqlo. Let’s just say the Tuva-tinys will be getting some new Disney clothes.

We meander around the “springs” part of DS. It’s really quite pretty. When we get to the Marketplace, there’s a group on stage performing the hits of Motown. My kind of music! Not Woody’s fave so we don’t linger long.

Earl of Sandwich is our dinner destination. Earl’s now features treats from Carlo’s Bake Shop.

F67615F3-FEC1-4A76-99FA-3D04883782AD.jpeg

They ain’t cheap. :jawdrop:

FBE95134-7C79-4A3B-BB29-81A8705CDB85.jpeg

We pass. I do buy a couple of Earl’s (0 calorie 😉) chocolate chip cookies, despite being in the virtual queue for Gideon’s. They’re our “just in case” cookies.

The reason we came. The HOLIDAY TURKEY sandwich!!

DAE87214-A0BF-498D-B741-1D7557CBFCAD.jpeg

We dine al fresco. Woody inquires more about Gideon’s. I pull up the website to show him the cookies. The description of their signature chocolate chip cookie reads, “It is packed inside and out with a variety of chocolates, infused with differing vanillas, and has a texture that might almost trick you into thinking you’re eating cookie dough.”

I don’t want to be tricked into eating cookie dough when I’m having a COOKIE,” Woody says. “And I don’t need my chocolate chip cookie to be infused with anything.”

He’s a regular guy who doesn’t need no hoity-toity cookies....

To be fair, Woody offers to wait around for our opportunity to purchase the latest foodie trend. (“Remember when it was cupcakes?” he says.) However when our turn arrives, we would still have to wait upwards of 15 minutes to just enter the store....with the possibility that certain cookies will already be SOLD OUT.

This seems like a lot of effort with uncertain results. I decide to pass on Gideon’s.

As we’re waiting for the Poly bus I receive the notification. We miss our “moment.”

A8D16CE9-DA32-4AB6-985A-CEF15BC9736B.png

Or do we? Because this Earl’s cookie is fantastic. And has Woody’s stamp of approval.

EB348F84-8ECD-4557-86BE-75B768A5D4A3.jpeg

BwlrBry212

We have the perfect Dr. Rick moment, but I am not fast enough to capture a pic. “We all see it.”

Breathe Out Deep Breath GIF by Progressive

A woman with various shades of pink hair is walking two dogs ~ a large poodle and a smaller dog ~ whose coats are also dyed in shades of pink.

We are still trying to figure out why pink haired lady needs two support animals at the MK. 🤔
Maybe she needed the support of knowing she wouldn't be the only one with pink hair...?

pink hair GIF by chuber channel

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom