Trip Report If At First You Don't Succeed...*COMPLETED*

Well we're trying again.

Easter week at WDW.

Not my favorite week to visit but when your travel buddy is a teacher, you make the sacrifice. Except this year it doesn't feel like a sacrifice. The loss of our Easter 2020 vacation (thanks to COVID) was harder than I expected. I’m excited to have the chance for a do-over!

Of course the plans we had in 2020 aren't the same for 2021. We'll have no Fastpasses to skip the long lines. There will be no turkey sammie for lunch at Be Our Guest or All-American Sundae from the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor. No fireworks to conclude our Disney days. And we'll be staying at a different resort.

But that's all okay....there's still fun to be had! And thanks to the credit we received from last year's cancellation, most of our trip is already paid.

I have to give David's Vacation Club Rentals props. Eighteen months ago I'd signed a "no refunds" contract for our 2020 points rental, figuring it was a low-risk gamble. When the pandemic happened and WDW closed, we considered our monies lost ~ disappointing for sure, but understanding that was the result of the risk we took. After all, David's is a business which would also lose money from this pandemic. Legally they did not have to do anything for us. Yet I received a travel voucher for the full amount we paid.

I hope to report live on the adventures of Tuvalu and Em beginning next Sunday. Time will tell if I succeed. ;)

3D585BEC-14E4-4156-9423-5BCD6271BEF2.jpeg

(Must have been a Callan photo shoot. :hilarious:)

lindawdw

It sounds like you had the most perfect day yesterday at DHS and how wonderful to end it with a visit from your bestie Kelly! The dessert at the GF has now been put on my list for my upcoming trip in a couple weeks! SO many great chocolate desserts to devour on this trip. 🤣 Can't wait to see if you made it to a park today!

slipperalwaysfits

One does not train a cat.

The cat trains the human.

Otherwise I would not begin every morning throwing a hair tie to Kona six or seven times in a row before he tires of playing and drops the hair tie in his food dish.
I've tried to get my cat to sit next to me instead of on the book I'm trying to read, but training seems impossible. :bored: o_O :bookworm: She did figure out if she sits on DH at night, she will get treats. I'm not sure how that started but it's been going on about 6 years now....As for the hair ties, my cat digs for them in various bags of mine and also deposits them in her food dish. ;)
Diva Poly is 7 years old today.

The day we met she wasn’t a diva.
:angelic::angelic::angelic: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO POLY!!!!!!!!1 I'm so glad she has SleepyPooh to curl up with!

Enjoy your pool day! I hope you have glorious books to read!

Songbird76

@Tuvalu, per your comments (below) about food at the Commissary --

ZapperZ highly touted the meals he’d had at the Commissary last week and based on his praise (and our own positive experience in February 2020), we opt to lunch here.

Em and I both order the chicken club (grilled chicken breast, provolone, guacamole, bacon, lettuce, tomato) which comes with steak fries.

On a real plate! With real flatware! The sandwich is delicious and the fries are cooked to perfection, hot and lightly salted. We are very pleased.

So glad to read the above! In past trips, I've gone to the Commissary, but was never impressed with the food. (I'd go there for early lunch, just to always get a table, and the a/c was always good in there.) So, happy to read that the quality of their food has really gone up a notch! :hungry:
True story: The first time I went to the commisary, I thought I went in some cafeteria that was meant for CMs. It was so dead in there, and it looked like a break room at a large business. There was nothing particularly special about it, so I thought it was a backstage area we weren't meant to see.

Jedi Stitch

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom