Idiot gets banned from WDW for repeatedly displaying signs

Oddysey

Don't wanna start something, but this seems like news, especially since he was repeatedly told not to, I think WDW is in the right.

Man Displays Trump Sign at Disney Again, Is Permanently Banned

No matter how you lean politically Disney is certainly not the place for that. When I go to Disney it is a temporary escape, and one of the last things I want to be reminded of is future elections or current political issues. Especially in this charged climate.

WEDwaydatamover

Since there is a cast member that observes the Splash down photos both at the exit or point of sale I hope that Disney enforces against all of the hijinks that people pose doing.

Googling the images there are dozens upon dozens of different ones. Some rather complicated and amazing. Let's hope that if rules are really rules then... Disney should ban 'em all, which of course they wont.

cmb5002

Since there is a cast member that observes the Splash down photos both at the exit or point of sale I hope that Disney enforces against all of the hijinks that people pose doing.

Googling the images there are dozens upon dozens of different ones. Some rather complicated and amazing. Let's hope that if rules are really rules then... Disney should ban 'em all, which of course they wont.

It's more about him being a repeat offender. Most of those signs are one-off's. Security may very well speak with them and politely tell them not to do so again, as they did with this guy. Difference is, he ignored them and continued to display the signs.

cmb5002

Umm.. Was he a repeat offender when he was banned the first time?
Well, according to the articles he was supposedly banned the first time in September for "inciting a crowd" with a sign. Yet somehow he does this in November. Either he wasn't actually banned, or he was in the realm of criminal trespass.

Edit: Or he received the ever-elusive double-ban award. :)

TOCPE82

This guy is a moron. Even though I disagree with his message, NOBODY is allowed to post their own signs about ANYTHING in the parks.... I mean, really?

punkabella

Having worked at one of those types of photo capture features before, the pictures are maintained for a period of time on a server, and many times I have seen employees print off copies of the pictures for themselves (we also had a folder of pictures we saved for security). I believe Disney has taken it a bit further by tying it directly to magic band data.

That guy was just a big jerk for pulling that stunt.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Certainly a sign of the times.
No sign of regret with this one.
Signed away his pass due to his actions.
Might have done it for auld lang syne.
Sign, sign everywhere a sign.
1542206758319.png

Last edited:

G00fyDad

Disney was right to take action. I just hope they would do the same if someone brought in a Biden 2020 sign (or equivalent).

I am sure they would. They are really touchy about the sort of photos you make. I went down Splash with my son one year and we grabbed each other like we were scared of the plunge and they refused to give us the photo (and covered it) because we were supposedly choking each other. ?!?!? I promise you that they would ban someone from displaying a second Biden 2020 banner after being told to not do it once before. This clown was told once before to remove a 20' x 30' banner he unfurled at the Mainstreet train station. Repeat offender.... BAM... YOU"RE GONE! LOL

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Glad Disney is going by their rules here. It was dumb of him two times over. I’m not sure what point he was trying to make here but I’m glad he was pointed out of the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom