Identify that 1994/1995 video with Bill Nye at Epcot

jediyves

Original Poster
Sometime around 1994-1996, I remember watching a 40 minute long video segment on TV about Epcot. Back then I only knew Disneyland. What got me watching the video was Bill Nye doing a walk through of Epcot. He primarily explored a giant green house or an area full of hydroponics. The word "Innovation" was mentioned a few times in the video, so I don't know if that had anything to do with Epcot 94'.

I loved Bill Nye the Science Guy, so I recorded the Epcot Presentation on to a VHS tape. Watched it a few more dozen times. ( Obviously, I don't have that tape anymore. My parents probably threw it out a long time ago.)

Do you guys know what I'm talking about ? Do you remember seeing a Bill Nye-Epcot video back in 90's ?
Let me know if you have any info.
I'm trying to do a project based on that childhood memory.

Dragonman

Well the greenhouse would obviously be The Land pavilion. I’m guessing maybe it was promoting the Ellen ride partially? I’ll see if I can find anything.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I wonder if it was actually from 1996 not 94/95 because 96 is when it turned into Ellen's Energy Adventure and Bill Nye was in it.

Maybe he was talking about how the pavilion was an innovation since it had solar panels on the roof.

Cmdr_Crimson

Sometime around 1994-1996, I remember watching a 40 minute long video segment on TV about Epcot. Back then I only knew Disneyland. What got me watching the video was Bill Nye doing a walk through of Epcot. He primarily explored a giant green house or an area full of hydroponics. The word "Innovation" was mentioned a few times in the video, so I don't know if that had anything to do with Epcot 94'.

I loved Bill Nye the Science Guy, so I recorded the Epcot Presentation on to a VHS tape. Watched it a few more dozen times. ( Obviously, I don't have that tape anymore. My parents probably threw it out a long time ago.)

Do you guys know what I'm talking about ? Do you remember seeing a Bill Nye-Epcot video back in 90's ?
Let me know if you have any info.
I'm trying to do a project based on that childhood memory.

Closest thing I can think of was the original Pre Show for Innoventions as he was the Ambassador for it.

There's also this...

From what you mentioned sounds like something that came from one of the Holiday Parades when they "sneak peek" with the celebrity to showcase what is coming..

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Closest thing I can think of was the original Pre Show for Innoventions as he was the Ambassador for it.

There's also this...

From what you mentioned sounds like something that came from one of the Holiday Parades when they "sneak peek" with the celebrity to showcase what is coming..

Well that was a load of cringe.

jediyves

Original Poster
The video was a bit like the Walt Disney World Inside Out monthly video, but it was presented by multi host. Bill Nye was only in for a specific presentation.

And yes, I watched most of the Inside Out videos from June 1994 - 1996. Bill Nye was only in the June 1994 episode to present the Innovation exhibit.

John park hopper

You mean Bill the " I wear a white coat and have honorary degrees but no real ones and have fooled kids into believing I'm a real scientist, while the media treats me like I am credible" guy? Yeah... go away Bill.
Bill Nye has a Bachelor of Science degree from Cornell University in Mechanical Engineering. Don't see how that makes him an expert in so many other science fields. Media hype

MaryJaneP

Bill Nye is just an actor that can read the cue cards. The viewers, apparently incorrectly, assumed that he was a scientist, and treated him as an authority. We all know that happens when people assume.
Kinda like Jeff Epstein as a math teacher.
Look, we don't care if it is Brad Pitt heading some show series about nuclear engineering, some leeway as to what works, is entertaining to watch, and is financially sponsorable, versus what is verifiably unassailable, may require on-camera talent to veer, even wildly, from being outright experts in the field being displayed.

Cmdr_Crimson

Bill Nye is just an actor that can read the cue cards. The viewers, apparently incorrectly, assumed that he was a scientist, and treated him as an authority. We all know that happens when people assume.
Kinda like Jeff Epstein as a math teacher.
Look, we don't care if it is Brad Pitt heading some show series about nuclear engineering, some leeway as to what works, is entertaining to watch, and is financially sponsorable, versus what is verifiably unassailable, may require on-camera talent to veer, even wildly, from being outright experts in the field being displayed.
During the 90's he was a part of a Seattle based comedy group called Almost Live..The majority of those same actors helped him during his Disney Era..

One of his skits was a superhero character called Speedwalker...

However, his Science guy approach for kids came during the Back to The Furture Animated series as a mute assistant.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom