Ideas for Surprising Girlfriend w/ Trip!

justdru

I'm going to be surprising my girlfriend with a trip to Disney World for the Holidays. The trip won't be until May but I want to surprise her with it on Christmas so that she can help me plan if she wants to! She has never been on a true vacation and never been more than 3 or 4 hours away from home. She's never been to the beach, never seen the ocean, and definitely never been to Disney.

The problem I'm having is that I can't come up with a creative way to surprise her?! I've ordered one of the Disney maps (let's hope it makes it here in time), a plush Holidays Mickey, and beyond that I'm lost.

Does anyone have any ideas?

justdru

Original Poster
Awesome gift! Maybe get the vacation planning DVD, you can order if from Disney site.

Great suggestion - I've already got it in hand! I just feel like putting all of this in a box, wrapping it up, and putting it under the tree isn't a good enough way to spring it on her!

I'm flat out of ideas!

Upvote 0

Philo

How about buying one of the Disney / Pixar DVDs. See if you can make a semi-official looking sticker which says 'chance to win a free holiday inside'. Carefully open it up and put a couple of 'You've won a trip to WDW courtesy of truedue' vouchers inside.

Hopefully this will be a nice way to surprise her....

Upvote 0

Philo

and by truedru, I met justdru.

Sorry, my mobile phone doesn't show previous messages when writing and my memory really sucks...

Upvote 0

GHOST1000

Just brainstorming here on some ways. What if you make up some kind of 'treasure hunt' where you give her a clue to find another clue in different rooms or places that you would go and the final clue leads to maybe a room with a big banner hung up that says WE'RE GOIN TO DISNEYWORLD!. ?? or along the same line you buy a cheap simple kids puzzle (disney of course) like the simplest one they make 50 pieces or so and put a piece of it in places she'll find them throught the day or days leading up to christmas. then tell her when she collects them all to put it together and have written on it DISNEYWORLD or something to that effect........Buy a countdown clock and set it for that vacation date but don't tell her where until the morning of, just give her very small unguessable clues alnog the way. too corny? I'll think of more later.

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

I surprised my niece & nephew with a trip last year. I bought a Birnbaum's Guide Book and wrapped it along with an "offical" invitation from Mickey to come visit. I think they read it 3 times before it the significance of the invitation sunk in!!

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

I'm not sure what I would do either because I can never keep a secret, but I do know that Disneyshopping.com offers items from the parks now and they have some really cute items. Maybe you could get her something from there. (SERCH DISNEY PARKS)

Another thing that you could order from Disney World is a real silver charm bracelet, I think they are under $50.00, and it comes with one small charm on it. You can tell her that she will have to pick out another one for it while she is at Disney World in May. Then she can add to it everytime that you go. I would also do the box of items that you were talking about with the park maps and things.

She is one lucky girl to have a guy like you!!:xmas:

Upvote 0

philsfan2185

There's no better feeling than getting surprised with a vacation to Walt Disney World.

The treasure hunt idea is a sure hit (if it's done right).

Maybe even write a poem with subtle hints throughout it, and in the final line you could spill the beans.

Good luck!

Upvote 0

Tears0Fire

I surprised my mom and brother last year for a trip in may as well, I tried to find weird things that wouldn't give it away to quick. You can order gift cards from AMC (which can be used in DTD or any other amc location), but the cool thing is you can put a picture on the and have them personalized. (I found a cool pic of the castle with lightening in the background) I got fuzzy socks for my mom for the hotel room, for my brother I filled an empty mini mm's container with pennies and quarters for pressing pennies. I found cheap Disney pez dispensers, Cinderella for my mom, pirates for my brother. I also found luggage straps at target that were pretty cheap and they’re great if you’re flying, makes finding your baggage a breeze. If i can remember any of the other stuff I'll add that on later. good luck!

Upvote 0

GHOST1000

another possibility...if the two of you go out to dinner or shopping ,shortly before you leave, secretly replace all the money in her wallet/purse w/ disney dollars ( you used to be able to exchange real money at disney stores for dis dollars), then when she goes to pay for something and sees just disney money, you tell her ' i guess we're just gonna have to go to disneyworld to use this'???.....another...assuming you do stockings for christmas,...you buy all things small that you would normally use for a trip in May (sunglasses, suntan lotion, flipflops, baseball hat, bathingsuit etc) stuff that would seem wierd getting in the middle of the winter. so when she thinks your off your rocker for getting her a roll of film or memorycard for a camera and a picture album, you tell her thats to record the memories we're going to have going to disneyworld.

Upvote 0

justdru

Original Poster
You guys are GREAT! I like a lot of the ideas here - I'm going to put them all together and see what I can come up with! :)

Upvote 0

justdru

Original Poster
Hey, keep those ideas coming, there's not enough of these threads on the forums and hopefully someone can use them in the future! You guys are incredibly creative! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

MagicKindom13

Hey!!! I have been to Disney 11 Times anD my Girlfriend has not been at all EVER!!!

i went about it the wrong way i booked the whole trip and told her 2 months in advanced....she freaked out ...Money..Clothes..Her Hair it was crazy but we had the time of our lives...no pun intended (Celebrate You) LOL.....

just give her a good notice and make it nice like a present or something that will mean something!!!!

Upvote 0
OKAY! i have an idea i think she'd love! first, do you all live in the same house/will be together when she wakes up christmas morning?? if so, to wake her up that day, get a small bell and ring it next to her face and when she starts to open her eyes, sprinkle glitter everywhere. and then tell her that tinkerbell came, and that she left something under the christmas tree for her!!

Upvote 0

justdru

Original Poster
OKAY! i have an idea i think she'd love! first, do you all live in the same house/will be together when she wakes up christmas morning?? if so, to wake her up that day, get a small bell and ring it next to her face and when she starts to open her eyes, sprinkle glitter everywhere. and then tell her that tinkerbell came, and that she left something under the christmas tree for her!!

I wasn't able to do this one but I love the idea! :)

Upvote 0

justdru

Original Poster
So, here's what I did:

About a week ago I gave her word jumbles to give her something that would drive her crazy to think about! The jumbles were 'Bay Lake Florida' and 'Alpha Unit' (what Disney calls an ambulance).

On the night of the 23rd I gave her a small container of sand with a seashell necklace wrapped around it. We're stopping at the beach on the way back for three nights.

In her stocking on Christmas Eve she got travel sizes of toothpaste, shampoo, tylenol, purel, bandaids, sunscreen, etc. Oh, and a starfish. She looked very very confused.

We had talked about getting her a GPS for her new car but we decided not to because, "we never really take trips anywhere that we'd need it." So, I got her a Garmin GPS and that was the first thing she opened. She looked confused, again, because we never take trips anywhere... right?

Finally, she opened the big red box with a big red bow! Inside was customized Disney maps and a stuffed holiday Mickey! Mickey was holding a blank passport that I picked up from Wal-Mart in the scrapbooking section.

The passport authorizes her to travel to Walt Disney World, Florida for 6 nights and 7 days from May 16th, 2010 to May 22nd, 2010. The pages were filled with 3-D scrapbooking stickers and lots of cool stuff. The last page gave her passage to Myrtle Beach, SC for 3 nights and 4 days!

She couldn't believe it.

She's never been on vacation... never seen the ocean... so, she's excited but still very nervous! :)

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

So, here's what I did:

About a week ago I gave her word jumbles to give her something that would drive her crazy to think about! The jumbles were 'Bay Lake Florida' and 'Alpha Unit' (what Disney calls an ambulance).

On the night of the 23rd I gave her a small container of sand with a seashell necklace wrapped around it. We're stopping at the beach on the way back for three nights.

In her stocking on Christmas Eve she got travel sizes of toothpaste, shampoo, tylenol, purel, bandaids, sunscreen, etc. Oh, and a starfish. She looked very very confused.

We had talked about getting her a GPS for her new car but we decided not to because, "we never really take trips anywhere that we'd need it." So, I got her a Garmin GPS and that was the first thing she opened. She looked confused, again, because we never take trips anywhere... right?

Finally, she opened the big red box with a big red bow! Inside was customized Disney maps and a stuffed holiday Mickey! Mickey was holding a blank passport that I picked up from Wal-Mart in the scrapbooking section.

The passport authorizes her to travel to Walt Disney World, Florida for 6 nights and 7 days from May 16th, 2010 to May 22nd, 2010. The pages were filled with 3-D scrapbooking stickers and lots of cool stuff. The last page gave her passage to Myrtle Beach, SC for 3 nights and 4 days!

She couldn't believe it.

She's never been on vacation... never seen the ocean... so, she's excited but still very nervous! :)
Wow lucky her! That's so great and sweet of you.
Although she is nervous, I'm sure her excitement will overpower that.
Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom