Ideas for a third Disneyland park.

TwilightZone

I had never heard of this website until you mentioned it. I looked it up, and there is an archive of the whole site from 2012 available, although a lot of the images are now broken. One thing that stood out to me is that they were planning on building a stage show in Tokyo DisneySea based on The Snow Queen, but it was so good that Disney withdrew it so they could look into making it into a film! ;)
There's a lot of things there that are rides now, including Snow White Mountain! It makes me wonder what a modern version of the site would be like.

FCivish3

So, where would they put a third park? They have nowhere that is contiguous. Across the street are hotels that will NEVER sell out to Disney. So the only place I could see it is in the current Disney Parking lots that are down the street on Harbor Drive. But since they are not contiguous, access would be a problem. I think Disney could use a constant bus system, but a chain of gondolas like the Disney Skyliner going into WDW would be perfect.

dizbang

I would like to see a split park like Epcot at either Disneyland or Walt Disney World. Half would be for villains and the other half would be "The Once And Future Disney". It would feature favorite retired attractions like Horizons and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and would also test out developing technologies and attractions. Disney Research could see how the various shows and attractions rate with guests and possibly show up in a park in the future.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So, where would they put a third park? They have nowhere that is contiguous. Across the street are hotels that will NEVER sell out to Disney. So the only place I could see it is in the current Disney Parking lots that are down the street on Harbor Drive. But since they are not contiguous, access would be a problem. I think Disney could use a constant bus system, but a chain of gondolas like the Disney Skyliner going into WDW would be perfect.

This is just a blue sky thread for ideas on a third park. So really it doesn't matter where it goes.

Most real Disney fans know that a third park in Anaheim is likely never going to happen.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I would like to see a split park like Epcot at either Disneyland or Walt Disney World. Half would be for villains and the other half would be "The Once And Future Disney". It would feature favorite retired attractions like Horizons and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and would also test out developing technologies and attractions. Disney Research could see how the various shows and attractions rate with guests and possibly show up in a park in the future.

I would think your "The Once And Future Disney" idea would be a park of its own. And likely one that would require a large amount of space given you're talking about having retired attractions. Unless of course you're talking about it being virtual.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
My idea for a third park is I would call it Disney's Kingdom Park. It would be compromised of 4 different kingdoms. Tech Kingdom(the ideas from westcot), Sea Kingdom ( the ideas from Disney Sea and have half of it be water park rides), Dark Kingdom(The Disney Villains land), and Fox Kingdom( Avatar and all of the other fox properties Disney could use).

Darkbeer1

The perfect theme for a Third park in California would be Desert Themed, because to get enough room to build one, along with parking and all other support needs, would have to be built in the Desert, since that is the only option for finding enough available land.

CraftyFox

The perfect theme for a Third park in California would be Desert Themed, because to get enough room to build one, along with parking and all other support needs, would have to be built in the Desert, since that is the only option for finding enough available land.

Not going to lie, a desert themed park actually sounds really cool.

Jedi Stitch

Make Disneyland two. Take all the ideas they originally had where the rides would intertwine into each other. Make newer and better versions. Then add another mono rail and a sky liner to connect the new parks. Finish the east gate expansion to add to downtown Disney, and then add not one but two hotels on property with direct park access points.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
That's how Las Vegas got built. Ya never know, it could happen some day.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Rich T

Disney's third park will be called The DisneyVerse, it will only exist in cyberspace, you'll access it from home and it will be the real-tech equivalent of the Oasis from Ready Player One. It will be ever-expanding with new attractions and worlds added every month and it will cost a hundred dollar monthly subscription, which will include the needed VR gear. We're talking twenty years from now when VR reaches RP1 levels of immersion.

You heard it here first! :D If I'm still around, I'll be spending a lot of time in the virtual 1967 Disneyland re-creation.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Disney's third park will be called The DisneyVerse, it will only exist in cyberspace, you'll access it from home and it will be the real-tech equivalent of the Oasis from Ready Player One. It will be ever-expanding with new attractions and worlds added every month and it will cost a hundred dollar monthly subscription, which will include the needed VR gear. We're talking twenty years from now when VR reaches RP1 levels of immersion.

You heard it here first! :D If I'm still around, I'll be spending a lot of time in the virtual 1967 Disneyland re-creation.
I think your price point is off, but yeah I think you could be onto something....

For the price point because its basically like getting every Disney Park in one. It would have to be something like double the price of the Premier Passport. which is about $325 per month. So for economies sake, lets say it $275 per month for a family of 4 which includes the VR gear. Then for any additional member its an extra $50 per month for the extra equipment. I think that's a steal considering what you get, plus being for a multi-person family.

Mondo Mouse

The Toy Story Parking lot was long ago earmarked as the plot of land for the 3rd gate. In fact when plans for DCA were announced, they even indicated that a third park was to follow on the plot. Also, some of the hotels and other plots occupied by housing developments are allegedly owned by Disney as well... which ones, I don't know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom