Ideas for a nice quiet dinner

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I can second (or is it third?) :p the Yachtsman Steakhouse. Excellent food, too. You could also try out the Captain's Grille (or whatever they're calling it nowadays) at the Yacht Club Resort. I've eaten there a few times, dating back to when it was called Ariel's, and always enjoyed the meal with very little intrusion.

We will be having our first meal at Artist Point during our upcoming trip.

The last two times I ate at Olivia's, I did not enjoy either the food or the service, so I've avoided it for the last few years. But don't let that stop you, maybe it's improved while I've been gone. :shrug:

KingStefan

As I recall, Shutters is kind of "open" to the hallway between the pool area and the counter-service food court. It's been about ten years since I've been there, so I'm not sure I'm remembering correctly. I've never eaten there, but it is not intimate and I imagine it would be noisy all the time, even when it's kind of empty.

Olivia's is nice enough, and pretty quiet, but I thought it was very pricey for what you get (we had lunch there), and it is rather casual, like a higher-end diner - not like some of the finer restaurants folks are talking about.

The Garden Grove at the Swan was pretty quiet, even with the character dining (which they stopped for a while, I think, but now are starting again). And they had a great wine list. It's a buffet with a different theme each night.

sarabi

On my last trip, we ate at Cali Grill, Coral Reef, and Flying Fish (among others). Of them all, Coral Reef seemed the quietest. I don't remember if Flying Fish was quiet or not, but I remember enjoying it more than Cali Grill, which says a lot. I felt the food, atmosphere, and service were better.

TomHendricks

I too want to recommend Jiko. If you want a nice, intimate and quite dinner with great food. Ask to sit towards the back and you can watch the sunset, which is one of our favorite things.

Flying Fish is not quiet but the food is great. Worth it if you never ate there.

M5ward

Bistro de Paris is quiet and upscale. Ask for a seat overlooking the Lagoon.
Also, I'll take Yachtsman Steakhouse over Shula's. We had a wonderful meal with great service in a quiet, peaceful atmosphere. Ask for a window seat here also.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom