"I'd rather stay at (insert Non-DVC resort here) than at (insert DVC resort here)"

slappy magoo

Original Poster
hey there hi there ho there. Question for the DVC members, but I suppose anyone can answer. I'm not the boss of you.

Is there a non-DVC resort you like so much that you'd rather stay there than at certain DVC resorts? Or flip it, are there DVC resorts you dislike to much, you'd rather stay at a moderate or value?

I know (and I've written this often) that for a lot of people OKW and SSR are the red-headed stepchildren of DVC. I wouldn't be surprised to find out some people would rather stay at Port Orleans than one of those two.

I guess to keep things as "fair" as possible, if you're considering AoA suites, you should compare it to at least a 1BR Villa as opposed to a studio.

I think the Coronado is kind of neat and if I had to make a choice between it and OKW it would be a close call. I'd still probably choose OKW because the rooms are so much bigger, but we usually travel by car; because there are so many more dining options on site at Coronado, I might feel differently if we were relying solely on Disney transportation.

lostpro9het

Having stayed at all the DVC resorts on property as well as most the values and mods and just coming off a stay at CBR I can say with no doubt I would stay at ANY DVC over any value or moderate. Sure OKW is at the bottom of my DVC list but having the extra square footage, a real coffee maker, a balcony, and parking close to my door still beats out what the values and mods offer. Even if i didnt have a car, DTD is a short bus ride away with some fantastic dining options.

nickys

Premium Member
I would love to stay at POR. Not rather than anywhere, just I think it looks idyllic with the landscaping.

I'd also like to try the Cabins at FW; the all beds in one room thing, and even bunk beds, don't work for us but it would be cool to try them for a few nights.

The only DVC at WDW I can't see me going to is BWV. This simply because I know I just couldn't bear seeing SAB and not being able to swim there!

slappy magoo

Original Poster
The only DVC at WDW I can't see me going to is BWV. This simply because I know I just couldn't bear seeing SAB and not being able to swim there!
My wife is one of those people who were always afraid of clowns - which made it ironic we got together; my best friend was a professional circus clown. But that's one of the main reasons she's not a fan of BWV. We prefer 1BR Villas at BLT & Kidani for the extra space and extra bathroom. Love BLT location, love Kidani atmosphere and theming. Making it a split stay next trip.

correcaminos

The only non DVC resort I really loved that does not have a DVC component would be the Swan. I'd take that over SSR which theme wise is me least favorite DVC. Considering we do minimum of 1 bedrooms or 2 connecting studios and prefer 2 bedrooms I'm not entirely sure I could even say that.

I do not miss the moderates at all. Nor have I ever enjoyed my values visits at all. I've done Ft.Wilderness and the transporation annoys me. So I guess you could say I'm a very happy DVC owner.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Pre-DVC, we stayed at the Swan and All Star Music. At that point, the Swan was the nicest hotel we’d ever stayed in. We had a stay booked at Dixie Landings when we bought DVC and that was cancelled for a stay at our new home resort, Old Key West. In 1998, we could’ve bought into Boardwalk, and sometimes I’m a bit sorry we didn’t (food & wine fest, I’m looking at you!) for the 11-month advantage, but I bought OKW because I loved the atmosphere. I still do.

And I don’t mind SSR, either. We like Grandstand or Carousel.

DougK

I prefer staying at the non-DVC Polynesian to staying at the DVC Polynesian. The non-DVC Polynesian has 2 beds that are real beds as opposed to one bed on a wooden frame with no box spring (plus a sofa bed). It is much more comfortable at the non-DVC Polynesian.

correcaminos

I prefer staying at the non-DVC Polynesian to staying at the DVC Polynesian. The non-DVC Polynesian has 2 beds that are real beds as opposed to one bed on a wooden frame with no box spring (plus a sofa bed). It is much more comfortable at the non-DVC Polynesian.
Oddly those were our favorite beds from recent trips. We must like platform beds but we use that at home too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom