ID for adult only areas?

s.ollie

Original Poster
Ok so I'm 29 but can easily pass for 17/18 and my Bf is 26 (yep I'm a cougar) and looks younger than that, so I'm pretty sure at some stage on our cruise someone will question our eligibility to be in adult only areas wether it be the Quiet Cove or Serenity bay.

So I'm just wondering about ID, will it better to keep ID on us at all times or will showing it once be sufficient. One of the reasons being is we are coming from Ireland and we don't do normal in Ireland. Our Driver licenses are not plastic credit card sized but a big pink paper shenanigan thing and the other ID we will have will be our passports which id much prefer to have locked away somewhere safe.

Do they hit people up for ID if they are just hanging out? Obviously if we were ordering alcohol i can see them asking but what if we are just chilling in the areas?

sweetpee_1993

Anytime you are in an adult specific venue you can be asked for ID. Luckily, each person's KttW card has a little indicator differentiating between adults and minors. Your pre-cruise photo is also associated w/your KttW card so anyone who questions if that's really your key can swipe it on a computer to see. ;)

s.ollie

Original Poster
ya gotta love the powers of technology :) thanks a bunch. By the way I've picked up a ton of cruise info and tips from reading your trip reports, have to say I'm a big fan, so much so that ive picked myself up a waterproof camera after seeing your pics snorkelling at castaway cay. So keep up the good work :D:D:D

ChuckElias

Sweetpee beat me to it, but you won't need a driver's license. Your Key to the World card is all the ID you will need onboard, until you're getting ready to leave the ship. Then you will be asked to show photo ID for disembarkation in port. But for adult areas onboard, you'll be fine.

rani8600

you may be asked for your ID for drinks though. I was 25 on my last cruise and was asked for it by a few of the bartenders (and the waiter each night at dinner). I know there is something on your key that is supposed to be enough, but i would carry something anyway if you plan on drinking. its not fun to feel like a drink while sitting at the pool (there is a bar in the pool on the newer ships) and have to run to your room for your ID.

ChuckElias

you may be asked for your ID for drinks though. I was 25 on my last cruise and was asked for it by a few of the bartenders (and the waiter each night at dinner).
Your assistant server should have been the same person each night. He/she didn't remember that you showed ID the previous night? Do they HAVE to ask for it if they think/know that you're under a certain age? That seems dumb. o_O

wdwstateofmind

We got carded our first night during rotational dining and never again...and honestly, I can't say one bar on deck IDed us...sadly if anyone looked old enough but wasn't 21 they probably could have gotten away with getting a beer or two

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom