Iconic Purple Directional Signs Being Replaced

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
parkentry.jpg

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
They need to get better signs for the split between regular, preferred and handicap parking.

I don‘t have a picture of it and found the screenshot of Epcot below on Google Street View, but I can never read these tiny signs until I’m on top of them, and it always causes problems with cars merging left and right at the last moment. It’s ridiculous and a pet peeve of mine.

With larger signs earlier and/or writing on the road the traffic would flow so much better. They may also not need a cast member there if the signs were better. That person can go drive a tram.

0E9DE435-A01E-4955-8368-52261236CBF0.png

Twirlnhurl

They need to get better signs for the split between regular, preferred and handicap parking
I couldn't agree more.

I feel like the current situation was the result of the introduction of Preferred Parking (to validate entry to the preferred lot) and an early period experimentinvolving variable message signs.

I wish they would instead have overhead variable message lane assignment signs. It would be easier to read and look less cluttered.

JoeCamel

They need to get better signs for the split between regular, preferred and handicap parking.

I don‘t have a picture of it and found the screenshot of Epcot below on Google Street View, but I can never read these tiny signs until I’m on top of them, and it always causes problems with cars merging left and right at the last moment. It’s ridiculous and a pet peeve of mine.

With larger signs earlier and/or writing on the road the traffic would flow so much better. They may also not need a cast member there if the signs were better. That person can go drive a tram.

View attachment 694816
Universal is the same way, I think the signs are standard design and way too small

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
Buena Vista Drive has become increasingly congested now that so many people use it to get to western way, I’m wondering if these signs will be used to help suggest alternate routes for guests. Example if you’re going from Disney Springs to All Stars or DAK Lodge during busy times it might be better to take victory way or world drive to Osceola parkway and help alleviate traffic on BV drive. Just my thought based on where I have been seeing these pop up.

maxairmike

Buena Vista Drive has become increasingly congested now that so many people use it to get to western way, I’m wondering if these signs will be used to help suggest alternate routes for guests. Example if you’re going from Disney Springs to All Stars or DAK Lodge during busy times it might be better to take victory way or world drive to Osceola parkway and help alleviate traffic on BV drive. Just my thought based on where I have been seeing these pop up.

That was my thought as well, try to encourage some to take an alternate route through property and inform of any backups/delays.

Andrew25

Universal is the same way, I think the signs are standard design and way too small

When I think about parking at Universal I just want to punch a wall.

Way too many times at Disney/Universal do I see cars make wild maneuvers to get to the correct lane. You would think the same person responsible for requiring all the new safety systems implemented throughout the parks would notice that potential issue.

maxairmike

Find it very interesting that they needed this to be digital, wonder what else they’re going to do with it

If I had to guess, once they have the bulk/all of the planned digital signage up, any blank space will be used for event routing information, or for peak holiday crowds and traffic management. For example on 4th of July when the ramp to 192W from World Drive gets backed up after fireworks, if Sherberth is relatively underused at that moment, I can see them adjusting digital signs to direct people down Osceola to Sherberth for 192W. Heck, they could also adjust what on-property information they show by "scrolling" what's shown to alternate with traffic management messaging.

I'm interested in just how many signs they'll replace with digital along with the smaller additions down BVD. Hopefully the BVD ones will remind people to be patient and quit trying to cut into the turn lane at the last second for Western Way (also applies to the mornings coming down Western to BVD). Not to mention everyone that treats Western Way as the Auto Bahn.

Vegas Disney Fan

Find it very interesting that they needed this to be digital, wonder what else they’re going to do with it

They installed several of these on the roads leading to our airport several years ago and they haven’t changed once (that I’ve noticed), such a waste of money and electricity.

Ours list what airlines are at which terminal, I always wonder how often they expected that to change that maintaining digital billboards made more sense than a sign.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom