Iconic Purple Directional Signs Being Replaced

UNCgolf

I find it amazing that people think traffic sign design and their budget approval get anywhere near Chapek's desk let alone D'Amaro

For some reason people think the CEO is involved in all decisions, when it's likely he's barely aware of even some of the larger ones. People love blaming him (and of course some of the IP shoe-horns and inability to build an original attraction are ultimately at his feet due to the overall IP mandate) but the vast majority of these decisions are happening multiple levels below him and if you asked him about it he'd probably have no idea what you were even talking about.

Smiley/OCD

For some reason people think the CEO is involved in all decisions, when it's likely he's barely aware of even some of the larger ones. People love blaming him (and of course some of the IP shoe-horns and inability to build an original attraction are ultimately at his feet due to the overall IP mandate) but the vast majority of these decisions are happening multiple levels below him and if you asked him about it he'd probably have no idea what you were even talking about.
Yeah, but when you’re the head honcho, and earning all those outlandish bonuses, that comes with the territory. Baseball managers and football coaches aren’t playing the game, but if the team isn’t playing well, they’re the first heads on the chopping block. No sympathy from me.

James Alucobond

Can you clarify what you mean?
I would assume that he means the signage is a piece of a much broader identity system for the resort, of which wayfinding is only one component. So, while folks at higher levels aren’t necessarily concerned with the fabrication of these signs, they should have at least some awareness of the WDW brand and its proposed expression across a variety of media.

UNCgolf

The traffic signs were not stand alone pieces. They were part of a package of elements that also included things like the Welcome signs, Transportation and Ticket Center colors and signs, and Magic Kingdom toll booths which have also been changed. The traffic signs are a part of a larger project.

All of that is still likely below anything Chapek would deal with, though. Even D'Amaro would probably do little more than sign off on it at the end, with underlings handling nearly everything else about the project.

Not that this is a defense of Chapek, because I'm not a fan of most of what's been done during his tenure -- just that CEOs of companies the size of Disney are rarely involved in decision-making at that level unless they specifically want to be. I doubt Chapek cares much about the theme parks in general as long as they're making money, so my guess is he's mostly hands-off.

Last edited:

Andrew25

I like the new color scheme. Older colors are iconic, but not entirely against the new scheme.

Hopefully, the TTC gets a revamp soon with new permanent security locations and removing some of the ticket booths for better guest flow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom