Iconic Purple Directional Signs Being Replaced

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think Disney hates personality or something. Aside from being a very bland and unappealing color scheme, the words don’t seem to pop as much off the new background color, as opposed to the purple. The lettering also appears to be thinner, though I’m not sure if it actually is, or it’s just a byproduct of the new color. Not sure what they were thinking here, but it’s in line with most of their recent confusing changes.
Timing is weird since they got rid of the shuttle and more cars will be dumped on property as well (for a fee…of course)

the point of the old paint scheme was to stand out/prevent less U-turns/fender benders

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
They might have gotten some federal highway dollars though.
Not only does Disney pay for their own roadways, they also pay extra to the state of Florida to help maintain the non-Disney roadways that get wear and tear from Disney-caused traffic.

Someone around here is undoubtedly more of an expert than I am on "I-4 Fair Share."

UNCgolf

These are bland/look more like standard highway signs -- although it seems like they might be harder to see because everything looks muted -- but I don't really have the capacity to care about the road signs.

If they started putting these up in the middle of the parks then I'd care.

Brer Oswald

Timing is weird since they got rid of the shuttle and more cars will be dumped on property as well (for a fee…of course)

the point of the old paint scheme was to stand out/prevent less U-turns/fender benders
It’s bizarre. These don’t seem to be changes that make the signs function better. Is it just busywork for some designers? Is it just another weird unnecessary change to “leave a mark” on the resort? Was there any research done to prove that the new color scheme is more effective? I doubt it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It’s bizarre. These don’t seem to be changes that make the signs function better. Is it just busywork for some designers? Is it just another weird unnecessary change to “leave a mark” on the resort? Was there any research done to prove that the new color scheme is more effective? I doubt it.
I was thinking maybe the sign requirements changed and they’re trying to update with the Florida jungle outside?

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Meanwhile at the Imagination Pavilion.....

402e2da1-a1aa-402e-9607-ef533ebc9cfb-large16x9_0405UtahCountyabandonedhousearsonpic1.jpeg

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
These are bland/look more like standard highway signs -- although it seems like they might be harder to see because everything looks muted -- but I don't really have the capacity to care about the road signs.

If they started putting these up in the middle of the parks then I'd care.
White-on-green works on every road in the country. Why would white-on-blue be hard to see?

UNCgolf

White-on-green works on every road in the country. Why would white-on-blue be hard to see?

White-on-blue is also used for the signage telling you what's available on an exit -- it's the different shades. It's hard to tell from a picture, but the white and blue on those Disney signs looks much duller than the kind used on standard highway signs.

But again, this merits a shrug from me. They're road signs.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom