Ice Cream coming back to Boardwalk

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
In the next week or so I’m hearing ice cream should be returning to the boardwalk. I’m assuming at the ample hills location. Same menu as B&C.

side discussion, BW bakery should switch spots with old ample hills, and/or move the soda station somewhere else, that place is way too cramped as is

Nickp1983

That's great news. I thought I read that the BW only had one or two things open. I was disappointed to hear that so for our trip in 10 days, I didn't include a plan to go there.

pixargal

Boardwalk is our home resort, so I’d really like to see this happening. Last time we were there, most everything was closed and it was depressing. One of the reasons we bought there was because of all the lively things going on along the boardwalk, from the surrey bikes to the entertainment to the fun food and restaurants. We would look forward to coming back from the parks and getting a snack and watching a performance or letting the kids burn off some energy on the village green.

DisneyNorthFan

Fingers crossed this is more than just rumor! We're fans of B&C as a soda shop, but hoping it's not the replacement for Ample Hills, as I don't think it cuts it a standalone ice cream parlor. Jeni's is fantastic, and Salt & Straw sounds very good, too. Here's hoping it's one of these, or some other similar artisanal ice cream company.

UNCgolf

I hope they plan to retheme the interior to make it fit the Boardwalk. Ample Hills felt like you'd walked into something at a strip mall and wasn't remotely right for the area.

I won't be holding my breath for that, though, and regardless it's better to have something in there than nothing.

Last edited:

NeedMoreMickey

Where do you find Salt & Straw or Jeni's, never heard of them. Love ice cream and always ready to try something new. I'm happy I will be able to get my No Way Jose at the end of the month.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom