I4 spur to Garage and Boathouse confirmed, plus other info...

CTXRover

Original Poster
I know there has been speculation of a spur/exit from I4 going into the Westside Garage at Disney Springs and some speculation based on recent permits of a Boathouse restaurant coming to The Landing. This was the first time I've seen/heard it officially confirmed though.

Both of these were confirmed in this video posted by FloridaDreamHomes:

Another video with further updates on the project is here:

I am not 100% sure who this presentation was for, but appears to have been an update for Festival of Fantasy Parade, Seven Dwarfs' mine coaster and Disney Springs.

From these videos, the following are notable:
1. As previously stated, Disney Springs will open in phases. First time I've heard some more solid dates of what will open when. In 2015, the West Side Garage, West Side Enchancements (high line), The Landing and the Marketplace bridge will open. By Spring 2016, The Springs, The Gateway and the second parking garage will be completed, along with most of the roadway changes (i.e. dedicated bus lane)
2. The Markeplace bridge will create a central lagoon, which is hinted at to feature some type of 'magic performances' as it will create a 360 degree views all around it.
3. The Boathouse, along with about one dozen+ vintage car boats has been confirmed for The Landing.
4. A spur/exit from I4 directly entering the West Side Garage is expected to be complete by 2017.
5. The main Springs area is being created by digging out and expanding the existing waterway to make a larger, nicer clear Springs water feature.
6. The Gateway is a centralized entry area for the parking garages and bus stops.
7. Disney Springs is being built to meet needs of all tourists that visit Orlando not only for theme parks, but for those who want shopping and dining. The plan is for Disney Springs to include a variety of shopping and dining not found in 'your hometown' as well as unique experiences not found elsewhere.
8. Disney Springs will feature a number of areas to just 'sit and relax'.

Last edited:

G00fyDad

How exactly will the spur from I-4 come directly to the garage? It appears to have a multitude of properties in the way for any off/on ramps.

jt04

Someone should really forward this to WDW1974. He has been requesting more details and there are a few new interesting news items in this presentation.

BTW, I think it is perfect. The presenter perfectly explains the scope of the project. They are not building a theme park but rather a very nice shopping/dining/entertainment experience. I think it is a home run. IMO.

mm121

Good to finally see some confirmation of the I-4 direct exit, that should help TREMENDOUSLY with the huge traffic problems on Buena Vista Drive and Hotel Plaza Blvd, as that's currently the main access from the north.

Not fully sure how their going to do it, but if it was me I'd run it between Typhoon and Team Disney and then build it under Buena Vista Drive.

I know somewhere I saw a photo where at one of the other entrances I saw a rendering showing Buena Vista South, going under a direct connection Northbound connection to turn left into DTD.

These changes would definitely make getting there easier, not fully sure if theres ways to improve things upon exiting, but thats not nearly as much of an issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom