I wonder how much money disney gets from people dropping money on the floor?

Al

Original Poster
Hi,

I wonder how much money a year, disney gets, from people dropping money on the floor?:)

Tramp

Originally posted by Alberrisford
Hi,

I wonder how much money a year, disney gets, from people dropping money on the floor?:)

As we were walking down Main Street this year...a guy directly in front of us was dropping 5s and 10s as he was trying to put money in his pocket...my daughter was picking them up as I yelled to the guy....after catching up with him and $45 later, he finally turned around....grateful....he gave my daughter $5.

We also saw a CM pick up a wallet after the Beauty and the Beast show...don't know what happened with that.

The Mom

Premium Member
As I was searching for a lost earring on the walkway between Main St and TL, a young woman came over and handed me a whole wallet of traveler's checks. She didn't speak English, so I took them to Guest services, and also asked them to keep an eye out for my earring. As it turns out, the earring fell in my hotel room, but no one had noticed I was only wearing one that morning.

minnie85

I was in fort wilderness campground waiting for the bus and once i got to the bus stop there was a one dollar bill just laying there.
the small water way that is across from the Land pavillion in epcot had a canadian loonie in it, i dont know why people even bring canadain money to the parks, did u guys now that people dint even ecxept candaian pennies in the US?

sillyspook13

When my brother worked as a custodian at MGM (about 8-ish years ago) he found a lot of dropped change at the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground. Especially in the area under the net climb, in places where people can't usually reach.

I bet the cast members hat Disney Quest have found plenty of money on Cyberspace Mountain. I think I want to work there.... ;)

mickeyfan

Originally posted by marciahahn
As I was searching for a lost earring on the walkway between Main St and TL, a young woman came over and handed me a whole wallet of traveler's checks. She didn't speak English, so I took them to Guest services, and also asked them to keep an eye out for my earring. As it turns out, the earring fell in my hotel room, but no one had noticed I was only wearing one that morning.

Marcia, are you sure no one noticed the missing earring? Maybe they thought you were a trendsetter.:D

My family is the type not to tell me even if they noticed just for the embarrassment it might cause me. A sadistic bunch!!:eek:

JAY-ROD

Hi,

I'm usally the one in the fountains digging the money out lol j/k

DisneyPhD

Originally posted by minnie85
did u guys now that people dint even ecxept candaian pennies in the US?

Actually if you live near the border (i.e. Detroit) some canadian coins (pennies, nickels, dimes and sometimes quarters) are taken at face value. Not by phones of course but most people don't notice.

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by mickeyfan

Marcia, are you sure no one noticed the missing earring? Maybe they thought you were a trendsetter.:D

My family is the type not to tell me even if they noticed just for the embarrassment it might cause me. A sadistic bunch!!:eek:

I know. Once they let me walk around with my jacket on inside out because they thought it was funny! They had a bet about how long it would take me to notice! ;)

Maria

Don´t quote me on this, but I think I heard once that Disney cleans the fountains every once in a while and gives that money to charity. I a not sure about it.... I do know there is a natural water park in the Mayan Riviera (Xel-ha) that does that...

MrPromey

Originally posted by sillyspook13
When my brother worked as a custodian at MGM (about 8-ish years ago) he found a lot of dropped change at the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground. Especially in the area under the net climb, in places where people can't usually reach.

I bet the cast members hat Disney Quest have found plenty of money on Cyberspace Mountain. I think I want to work there.... ;)
Last time I was on that, they had a little locker and made you clear out everything in your pockets into these little bowls. They then gave you the only key to the locker to hold onto while riding. They said it was for the guests safety so that we wouldn't be hit by anything sliding out of our pockets…. This was particularly interesting for me because I walk around with a pen, a comb, a pack of gum, a ball of string, silly putty, piano wire, the kitchen sink (and so on) all stuffed in my pockets! I have ever since I was a kid… The guy just sort of looked at me when he had to hand me a second bowl… ;)

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by DBF John
well I would hope that the CMs see more of that than the company, but i guess it might get into the 1000s over the course of a year, what would be sad is, when they scraping the fountains and keeping the money instead of giving it over to charity

the money goes to Give Kids the world.

Al

Original Poster
I reckon that quite a lot of money falls behind the seats of the ride, when i was on CtE (now dinosaur) i was wearing these trousers with rubbish pockets, and i had some money in, and when i got off the ride the money had gone, mind you it was about 20p of english money, so i didnt bother telling anyone

The Mom

Premium Member
whats that?

I think it is one of the charities that arranges for terminally ill or extremely disabled children to visit WDW. Kind of like the Make A Wish Foundation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom