Trip Report I Will Survive.....Spring Break (with a hint of May) *COMPLETED*

At first I was afraid, I was petrified
Kept thinking I could never live among the Spring Break crowds
But then I spent so many nights thinking how I could be wrong
And I grew strong
And I knew I could get along....

Well that’s what I’m hoping for anyway. I’m not a newbie when it comes to navigating Spring Break at WDW. I’ve got a couple decades of experience under my belt. “Spring Break” isn’t a single week of cray cray crowds (like the week between Christmas and New Years) but is spread over March and April. Unfortunately one (or more) of those weeks can end up being cray cray....and these days, there is no way to predict which one.

Please don’t let it be this week.

But we are prepared. ADRs at 180 days. FPs at 60 days. Clothing for rain or shine. (Praying for shine ~ we’ve had enough rain over the last 4 months to set an ark afloat.) And attitudes willing to “go with the flow.” 🐢

My goal is to keep the updates live. Should I fail? There’s always Part “Tu”.

Who: Tuvalu, Woody and Em (the teacher whose schedule dictates when we go)
When: Sunday, March 31 - Sunday, April 7, 2019
Where: Port Orleans French Quarter
Why: Let’s hope we don’t ask ourselves this!
How: We’ve done the plane, can’t take the train....so it must be the automobile!

Will we be smiling at the end of the week? Stay tuned.

And if you don’t hang around for the smiles, you may want to peek in and see if there are any WDWMagic meet ups. I know of at least three forum friends I hope to encounter.

Now it’s off to bed! The alarm is set for zero-dark-thirty.

Woodywrkr

Has Woody ever tried rubbing his finger on his shirt or pants before trying to do the finger scan? We log in and out of work with a fingerscan and sometimes it just doesn't want to accept it, and sometimes creating some friction somehow makes it scan better. Or breathing on your finger, but that's a last resort because germs.
I have been fingerprinted numerous times for security purposes (never as part of an arrest :) .). And I have entered thousands of security doors using biometrics. I have trouble with them all, especially in the drier winter air. But Disney’s scanners are by far the most troublesome I have ever used. By the way, I learned not to joke about unreadable fingerprints with Federal agencies. They don’t find it funny.

Songbird76

I have been fingerprinted numerous times for security purposes (never as part of an arrest :) .). And I have entered thousands of security doors using biometrics. I have trouble with them all, especially in the drier winter air. But Disney’s scanners are by far the most troublesome I have ever used. By the way, I learned not to joke about unreadable fingerprints with Federal agencies. They don’t find it funny.
Oh, I didn't realize Federal agencies had a sense of humor at all...I don't think I'd have tried to make a joke with them, about fingerprints or otherwise.

Tuvalu

Original Poster
Yayyy for getting in to see it! Oh hope Em isn’t getting sick. 🤞🏻
She actually is recovering from some yucky third grade germs.
I think she was trying to be funny with her SSE pose.

Is that the flat bread? It looks yummy 😋
Yes, and it is soooo tasty. We tried it last year and knew it was a MUST for this year,

🎶what can I say except you’re welcome🎶
Better be gone by the 10th because I am heading back down!😉
No fears, we’re pulling up stakes on the 7th.

Should get the cauliflower it is amazing!! Can't wait for our May trip to get it again!
It’s on my list, either this trip or next.

You passed on the cheesecake? But it's SO good. Dessert first!
You’ll see why we didn’t order dessert first shortly.

Just caught up and read all 13 pages! Glad you are feeling better.
Nice to see you, Cindy!

Just caught up! Glad you are feeling better.
Thank you, Katie.

Tuvalu

Original Poster
This may be our last meal at Beaches and Cream for awhile. :arghh: For those who don’t know, the restaurant is closing this summer for remodeling and expansion. We hope it still retains its charm when the refurb is complete. Most importantly we hope the menu remains unchanged!

The hostess seated us immediately in a booth. Can’t remember the last time we had a booth, so this is a real treat.

Capturing some “BR” (before refurb) pics to keep in the memory bank.

You can see our server above. Herlina has worked at B&C for years and has waited on us many times. She’s a doll. (That’s a positive compliment for those who don’t know Boomer terminology. 😉)

Em’s patty melt.

Woody’s cheeseburger. Herlina insisted he get onion rings.

She told me to try an onion ring. “I like onion rings, but they don’t like me,” I responded.
“Oh they give you gas!” she replied.
Yup, nothing like a server who’s comfortable with her customers.

@krause and @Songbird76 ~ To prove that I have NOT been captured by aliens nor gone mad, I had my usual Beaches and Cream chicken sandwich.

During lunch there were three Kitchen Sink ceremonies. One was for the all-chocolate version, something I would like to try when accompanied by 6 other chocolate lovers as that is A LOT of ice cream! (Any takers? @Longers, are you in?)

Instead I “settled” for my favorite chocolate marshmallow sundae. Which I couldn’t even finish.

Say it loud, say it proud.....NO WAY, JOSE!!

The two of them couldn’t finish this either.

Til we meet again, Beaches and Cream.
We’ll miss you!

Rista1313

This may be our last meal at Beaches and Cream for awhile. :arghh: For those who don’t know, the restaurant is closing this summer for remodeling and expansion. We hope it still retains its charm when the refurb is complete. Most importantly we hope the menu remains unchanged!

The hostess seated us immediately in a booth. Can’t remember the last time we had a booth, so this is a real treat.

View attachment 361450

View attachment 361451

View attachment 361452
You can see our server above. Herlina has worked at B&C for years and has waited on us many times. She’s a doll. (That’s a positive compliment for those who don’t know Boomer terminology. 😉)

View attachment 361453

View attachment 361454

Em’s patty melt.

View attachment 361457

View attachment 361456

She told me to try an onion ring. “I like onion rings, but they don’t like me,” I responded.

@krause and @Songbird76 ~ To prove that I have NOT been captured by aliens nor gone mad, I had my usual Beaches and Cream chicken sandwich.

View attachment 361455

During lunch there were three Kitchen Sink ceremonies. One was for the all-chocolate version, something I would like to try when accompanied by 6 other chocolate lovers as that is A LOT of ice cream! (Any takers? @Longers, are you in?)

Instead I “settled” for my favorite chocolate marshmallow sundae. Which I couldn’t even finish.

View attachment 361459

View attachment 361458

We’ll miss you!

Yum.... That NWJ looks so good... I'll have to settle for the all american in MK in Sept... they say B&C is closing sometime in August.

Tuvalu

Original Poster
Back inside Epcot we hurried to a very important meeting.

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present to you the youngest recipient of a Tuvalu card.

She’s a two month old cutie named Liliana.

Precious daughter of our own @sheriffwoody.

Em and I learned of Liliana’s impending arrival last summer when we spent a day at Stormalong Bay with @sheriffwoody. So you can imagine how excited we are to finally meet her!

Our time together was too short....but you know babies set the schedule, not the mamas. Liliana’s fussing indicated she wanted to be on the move, not standing still.

Until next time, sweet girl!

Tuvalu

Original Poster
“Can we make a stop before leaving?” Em asked.

She wanted to go here.

Not for coffee. Or any beverage for that matter.
She wanted a mug.
But she still had to wait in the miles-long line.
“There needs to be a line for merchandise purchases only,” Em declared. “Then you can get in and out quickly.”
Are you listening, Starbucks?

Woody and I waited for Em here. The sight and sound of the fountain was soothing.

This is the mug:

We were back at POFQ around 3 pm. Em went to the pool to nap. The old folks had to rest our feet.

A Magic Shot to close out the post.

susan lees

I also have had lots of problems with wdw finger scannners. Rest of the family sail through and I'm always left behind. They don't even wait anymore, I just have to catch up. They joke that I must be an alien 😂😂

susan lees

Back inside Epcot we hurried to a very important meeting.

View attachment 361468

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present to you the youngest recipient of a Tuvalu card.

View attachment 361467

Em and I learned of Liliana’s impending arrival last summer when we spent a day at Stormalong Bay with @sheriffwoody. So you can imagine how excited we are to finally meet her!

View attachment 361466

Our time together was too short....but you know babies set the schedule, not the mamas. Liliana’s fussing indicated she wanted to be on the move, not standing still.

Until next time, sweet girl!
congratulations @sheriffwoody

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
LOL... I was going to type that... but I decided just to declare Maize and Blue instead! hehe... Looks like we have all the rival schools covered!
I've got Penn State covered!! :D

Re: the finger scans: at work we use fingerprints, and I've been told they pick up your fingerprints better if your hands are "dirty"...they tell us to rub our finger across our forehead, and that usually works for me.

We've had that same server at Beaches & Cream, and yes, she is a doll!

LOVE that Figment magic shot! I'm going with my best friend in June, and she is a HUGE Figment fan! Will have to see about getting this shot.

Still loving it all!

krause

Woody and Em’s consistency makes up for your lack thereof 😂

😍😍😍 and an excellent heads up that a @sheriffwoody trip report is coming!! 😁

Where in the World are we headed?

Haunted mansion for a ride photo??! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Tony the Tigger

View attachment 361450

View attachment 361451

View attachment 361452

View attachment 361453

View attachment 361454

Em’s patty melt.

View attachment 361457

View attachment 361456

View attachment 361455

View attachment 361459

View attachment 361458

We’ll miss you!

You rave about this place so much that at the beginning of the post, I thought maybe we should work it in on our next trip, especially if it’s about to change.

Then I see the menu and think, “meh.”

Except maybe the alcoholic floats - for something different!

Where in the World are we headed?

View attachment 361484

Twinnies!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom