Pre-Trip I was going to be a princess but now i'm going to be a mom pre-trip report!

Hi everyone!

Well, i've been quite quiet on the boards lately, and that's because I've been keeping a secret. A very magical secret. As many of your know, my husband and I have been trying to start our family for almost 9 years now. We turned to IVF about 3 years ago. After 3 rounds of IUI, we started IVF. And in September of this year, we did our 5th round of IVF and on Oct 2nd, we confirmed, we are having a baby! We are overjoyed and over the moon excited and filled with joy! Its still early and we are slowly sharing our joyous news. If you by chance follow me on facebook, twitter, and pinterest, please don't post anything as we have not shared the news on those social media sites. It is early, but I wanted to share our news and our new trip plans with all of you. And I thank you all, from the bottom of my heart for all the well wishes and pixie dust and prayers that you have sent our way. Please continue as we pray that this pregnancy will continue to be a healthy and happy one.

Earlier this year, I had made plans to run the Disney Princess Half Marathon. I had been training to run the half marathon when we found out we were pregnant. Being cautiously optimistic about our wonderful news, we didn't make any changes to the trip we had planned in February 2014 for the half marathon. But this weekend, after hearing the heartbeat, we decided to make the appropriate changes.

So this trip report is to share our wonderful news and to share our NEW plans!

The characters are my DH, Niles, and I, and our little apple seed.

IMG_1684.jpg

IMG_1682.JPG

Since my brother and his NOW finance (big couple of months around here!) were only coming to WDW for the race to support me, and now they have to plan a wedding, they will not be joining us. Also, my parents will not be joining us - more on that later!

Where is the same:

IMG_7248.JPG

When has changed a bit. Instead of being a 10 day extravaganza, we are arriving Sunday, February 23 to Saturday, March 1st. We will be driving to Hilton Head on Friday, February 21st and I will be having a baby shower with my mom and her girl friends on Hilton Head. On Sunday, we will leave for Disney which is only a 4 1/2 hour drive from my parents!

Here is the new plan!

Sunday: Gender Reveal!
Magic Kingdom - We will head to Disney from HHI and check in to the resort and then head to MK. And with the help of the magical Disney Cast Members, we will doing our gender reveal! We will have the photo pass + so everything will be documented! Although we find out in January if our little one is a boy or a girl, we will have the secret sealed in a envelope, only to be revealed at the Magic Kingdom!
Lunch: where ever we feel like it - not sure what time we are arriving so this is up in the air.
Dinner: Cinderella's Round Table (old)
MK has EMH this day so we will enjoy Wishes, then dinner and a wonderful evening at MK!

Monday:
All day at Epcot - of course - naps are my favorite things right now and since we will be staying at BC we will head back for a rest and the pool and then back to Epcot in the evening.
Breakfast: Probably grab something in the room - since we driving, I am bringing yogurt, fruit and Kind bars.
Lunch: Niles at Sommerfest (old) and Carey at Boulangerie (new)- haven't been since they did the refurb.
Dinner: Rose and Crown (old). Its been our tradition to have the first meal at Rose and Crown but we felt like having dinner at CRT after the gender reveal is perfect so we are doing Rose and Crown the next night! :)

Tuesday:
All day at Animal Kingdom - we will head back after the parade which I have never seen! HUH!?!? and change at the resort and rest and off to Epcot in the evening. Hoping for a nice RAIN FREE day! In Sept of 2012, we tried AK twice and got rained out both times. I know that there isn't much that I can ride on here but we will stroll and see the shows and try to find D'Vine - also, never seen!
Breakfast: Tamu Tamu (new)
Lunch: Yak & Yeti (old)
Dinner: Chefs de France (old)

Wednesday:
All day at DHS - we will head to MK in the evening for dinner at BOG! WOOP WOOP! We will head to DHS via the boat and enjoy the shows and some of the rides. Niles will make use of that single rider line! :)
Breakfast: Starring Rolls (new)
Lunch: Pizza Planet (new)
Dinner: BOG (new)
Just proof to keep trying for those ADR's - I had an ADR for Saturday March 1st for BOG but we are planning on leaving in the a.m. but I didn't want to loose that experience so for about a few days i've been trying over and over to get an ADR for a different day so we can leave Saturday a.m. And we got one!!! :) WOOHOO

Thursday:
We are going to split the day between Epcot in the a.m. and Magic Kingdom in the evening.
Breakfast: Sunshine Seasons (new)
Lunch: Via Napoli (new)
Dinner: (ideally we wanted BOG for this night so we are going to keep trying but if not, just a CS some place. :)

Friday:
We are going to split the day between Magic Kingdom and Epcot in the evening. Epcot has EMH this night.
Breakfast: Breakfast in the room
Lunch: BOG - hoping for a fast pass (new)
Dinner: Garden Grill (new)

Saturday:
We are heading home this day. I am not sure if we are going into the park this a.m. or not. We will head back to HHI this day and then drive home to DC on Sunday.

So that's our big news!! Thank you for coming along on this new trip with us and for sharing in our joyous news!

Have a magical day!

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Original Poster
Congratulations. You'll get to enjoy the parks in a entire new way.

Children help you appreciate the little pleasures in life. Like going to the potty without being interrupted.

HA! :) Yes, i'm a nanny - so I know all about the pleasure of going to bathroom with no one screaming through the door at you "what are you doing???" :) I can't wait to experience the parks in a whole new way!! :) Thank you!

Disneydreamer23

Congrats I was due June 5th and Went to Disney Also In FEB 2013 A few tips I would say is bring comfortable shoes bc after a while your back KILLS you . Plan on sitting alot and not doing much. Many of the rides are not safe to ride while PREG I did the Safari and I kicked my self for it Bc it ended up being very bumpy and I was in the Front so i would be careful Have fun I actually got Pins that said Im celebrating and my husband wrote Becoming a dad and mine said becoming a MOM I ended up getting a royal treatment every where Almost every ride I did ride they put me in the fast pass line and said congrats ETC congrats on your baby !
118.JPG

here is a pic of my husband with his pin!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Congrats I was due June 5th and Went to Disney Also In FEB 2013 A few tips I would say is bring comfortable shoes bc after a while your back KILLS you . Plan on sitting alot and not doing much. Many of the rides are not safe to ride while PREG I did the Safari and I kicked my self for it Bc it ended up being very bumpy and I was in the Front so i would be careful Have fun I actually got Pins that said Im celebrating and my husband wrote Becoming a dad and mine said becoming a MOM I ended up getting a royal treatment every where Almost every ride I did ride they put me in the fast pass line and said congrats ETC congrats on your baby !View attachment 38978
here is a pic of my husband with his pin!

Thanks for the tips! I know - it is going to be a very different experience. I have read not to read the safari. But I am excited bc I think we are going to experience much of what we just walk right by. We are going to take the time to stop for all the hidden jems and sites. Can't wait!!! Yeah - my outfits will be different. In the past, I do the coordinating outfits which may not be the most "practical." Don't get me wrong - we will be coordinated! But I have to work in super comfy shoes and clothes. I hate sneakers and dresses so I have to find a comfy alternative. Thank you!

polynesiangirl

I was about 7-8 weeks on our last trip with my second child. The only weird thing I experienced (other than being able to ride fewer rides than my two year old, haha,) was that I got major vertigo from the plane ride for some reason. That was pretty annoying but harmless.

Use this trip as a chance to take it slow and savor lots of yummy Disney meals. :) As a nanny I'm sure you know that mealtimes are a much different experience with a baby or toddler in tow!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
I was about 7-8 weeks on our last trip with my second child. The only weird thing I experienced (other than being able to ride fewer rides than my two year old, haha,) was that I got major vertigo from the plane ride for some reason. That was pretty annoying but harmless.

Use this trip as a chance to take it slow and savor lots of yummy Disney meals. :) As a nanny I'm sure you know that mealtimes are a much different experience with a baby or toddler in tow!

Ha! Yes, a nice meal with just the two of us! Kids have the uncanny ability to know when you are about to sit down for a meal, don't they! :) We are driving so no plane ride vertigo. But I know its going to take A LOT longer to drive - stopping every hour to go to the bathroom! :) hee hee I also realized that I will get to know all the bathrooms through Disney too! HA! Maybe i'll write a book about which ones are the good ones! :)

Cassie S.

Haven't been on the boards for a while; I stopped in and saw your news! Congratulations, I am sooo happy for you!!! Looking forward to following along on your pregnancy and trip planning. God bless you and Niles and the new little apple seed. :)

disneygirl76

Original Poster
I can't believe how long it's taken me to find this!!!! Congratulations!!! Being a mom is the most amazing experience of my life. So excited for you!!
Thank you so much! 12 weeks yesterday! Doc appt tomorrow and hopefully every thing looks great! So joyful!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Haven't been on the boards for a while; I stopped in and saw your news! Congratulations, I am sooo happy for you!!! Looking forward to following along on your pregnancy and trip planning. God bless you and Niles and the new little apple seed. :)
Thank you so much! We really appreciate it! So excited!

acrab3t

I am so excited for you and your husband! I follow your TR's and just wanted to let you know I am so happy for you. Congratulations! This is the best news ever!:happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom