I was choking back the laughs as soon as the story began...

luv

Original Poster
An Orlando man decided to make fireworks at home.

(Excellent plan. What could possibly go wrong?)

One went off. (Quelle surprise!)

He's fine. His poor neighbors were evacuated as a precaution.

Other Orlando news...

Pizza guy gave robber his money, but robber still shot him in the back. Cops need help finding the shooter.

Burger King robbed with an assault rifle. (Possibly not the best weapon for the job, but he got the money.)

Attempted abduction from yesterday turned out to be a grandpa with bad eyes and bad memory who thought it was his granddaughter. Family is sorry about the confusion.

Juror B-29 from the Zimmerman trial claimed being a juror has ruined her life, so someone gave her a job working phones for a political phone bank.

Some office women are now being truck drivers.

There is a Beer & Bacon festival in Altamonte (yuck.)

We had a teeny bit of rain today. It's cooling off out there. (Yay!) Three more weeks until hurricane season ends. We're good for five days, though.

People played sports.

Cesar R M

That juror thing lol!
I think the juror got it worse now ? since anything that is politics and religion = instant fury, insults flying everywhere..etc..

luv

Original Poster
That juror thing lol!
I think the juror got it worse now ? since anything that is politics and religion = instant fury, insults flying everywhere..etc..
I wasn't trying to start a political argument, lol. The juror claims she lost everything because of being a juror - her job, her friends, her safety, etc. I guess she went on some tabloid show to complain about it and has now been given a job. If they even said what side of the political spectrum the thing was for, I don't recall it.

Really wasn't attempting to stir anything up.

I just like to post Orlando news sometimes, in case anyone is interested. It always comes from Channel 6, WKMG. I fast forward through Sports.

If nobody replies, I'm totally cool with that. NOT trying to get anything going. It's just for fun. :)

Nemo14

When we used to spend 3 weeks in the summer in FL visiting my mom, we always loved the local news. There were always 3 stories you could count on - someone being hit by lightning (usually on a golf course), a small pet being eaten by a gator(usually a little fluffy dog) and a murder in Orlando (usually a stabbing). Thanks for the update.

MOXOMUMD

An Orlando man decided to make fireworks at home.

(Excellent plan. What could possibly go wrong?)
This reminds me of my dad's favorite childhood story. When he was in elementary school (which would have been mid-40's) their desks were the old wooden ones with a fliptop and a hole in the top corner. He and my uncle (multiple grades were in one room, the school was small) anyway, they were playing with small firecrackers in class. Only one got lit and my dad tried to hide it in his desk. My dad said he held the desklid down and hoped no one would know it was him. Except...the little boom shook everything off his desk and a little blast of smoke blew up through that hole. He had to clean erasers for a month. I laugh everytime I think of this story because parents aren't supposed to do this stuff in school. :hilarious:

Soarin' Over Pgh

So now I know more about what's going on in Orlando than I do about my own city. I'm so news ignorant, lol I haven't a clue what's happening anymore. I'm ok with this.

Cesar R M

I wasn't trying to start a political argument, lol. The juror claims she lost everything because of being a juror - her job, her friends, her safety, etc. I guess she went on some tabloid show to complain about it and has now been given a job. If they even said what side of the political spectrum the thing was for, I don't recall it.

Really wasn't attempting to stir anything up.

I just like to post Orlando news sometimes, in case anyone is interested. It always comes from Channel 6, WKMG. I fast forward through Sports.

If nobody replies, I'm totally cool with that. NOT trying to get anything going. It's just for fun. :)

no no man, I'm no attacking you in any way. I was talking about the news per se.
I mean that .. for the juror, getting that job might not improve her position.
Stress wise I mean.
because since politics can get heated very fast... working there might get her more stress..etc..etc..

MattC

When we used to spend 3 weeks in the summer in FL visiting my mom, we always loved the local news. There were always 3 stories you could count on - someone being hit by lightning (usually on a golf course), a small pet being eaten by a gator(usually a little fluffy dog) and a murder in Orlando (usually a stabbing). Thanks for the update.

Oh man. Mother-in-law lives in Kissimmee. When we visit there are always folks who have been shot or stabbed on the morning news. Orlando is a danerous place.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Oh man. Mother-in-law lives in Kissimmee. When we visit there are always folks who have been shot or stabbed on the morning news. Orlando is a danerous place.
Just out of curiosity Matt...where do you live that people do not get shot or stabbed?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom