I want to taste the foods of 11 countries at Epcot,but is it free with my base ticket?

AndyS2992

Club Cool let you try as many free drinks from around the world as you liked at Epcot but you’ve missed the boat on that one.

Shouldigo12

Ok. I don't like to look at people and burst their bubbles. I really don't like to burst their bubbles when said bubbles came from an expensive trip. But, if this isn't a hoax, I'm pretty worried here about how much OP is going to enjoy their trip.

OP, the only things that come with a ticket are the attractions. This means meeting characters, riding the rides, and the shows. That's it. They won't let people have something for free just because it matches the theme of the park. I also think you need to be realistic about crowds. Yes, EPCOT won't be as busy as MK on Christmas. But it's still going to be busy. Likewise, MK will still be quite busy on the 23rd. Christmas is absolutely infamous on here for being the buworst time of the year.

I'm also curious about what other areas you may not be fully informed about. Do you understand the transportation system, assuming you aren't driving yourself? Have you made your FPs, or know what you're going for if you haven't made it to the window yet? If you're doing sit down restaurants (TS), have you made the ADRs? I'm not trying to be condescending, just trying to figure out what else you might need help with.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Epcot will give you a complimentary Santa Mickey Sugar Cookie!
Once you've collected 5 stamps and spent $25, bring your Passport to the Sweets & Treats Holiday Kitchen to receive.

Various cookies and even a Santa Pretzel are free at MVMCP in Magic Kingdom, with paid admission to this party.

Restaurantosaurus in AK and Peco Bills in MK each have a free toppings bar. Bring tupperware for easier transport to Epcot.

That's about as good as it gets.... wait! You can book a package trip through WDW to receive a free food Disney Dining Plan. This comes with 2 snack credits per day which can be used at the International Holiday Food Booths. If there's a will, there's a way. At least that's what I heard from Imagineers.

Joebradley62

Quite a bit of food offerings at Epcot have been homogenized and adjusted to southeastern tastes that I'm not even sure how much of a "cultural" experience you're really getting any more. The German pavilion, for example, has a snack stand devoted to caramel popcorn, which is about as German as Apfelstrudel is to the US. Meaning, yes, you can probably find caramel popcorn somewhere in Germany if you really looked, but it's not really a treat associated with country.
Werther's is a German company the caramel is Werther's so yes it is German.

Joebradley62

You'll also have to pay for parking at the park if you drive to Epcot. Exception: unless you stay on property; but then you'll have to pay for parking your car at the resort.
No.

They don't serve food at the Candlelight Processional. You'll have to get something to eat outside the theater.
Probably means the dinner and guaranteed seating deal, I'd this post is even legitimate.

Heppenheimer

Werther's is a German company the caramel is Werther's so yes it is German.
Yes it is German, but having lived in Germany, I can tell you that caramel isn't particularly representative of German sweets. It would be like a snack stand representing the US in Germany featuring predominantly Twizzlers. More German would be something featuring marzipan, Pfefferkuchen or something from Haribo.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Epcot will give you a complimentary Santa Mickey Sugar Cookie!
Once you've collected 5 stamps and spent $25, bring your Passport to the Sweets & Treats Holiday Kitchen to receive.

Various cookies and even a Santa Pretzel are free at MVMCP in Magic Kingdom, with paid admission to this party.

Restaurantosaurus in AK and Peco Bills in MK each have a free toppings bar. Bring tupperware for easier transport to Epcot.

That's about as good as it gets.... wait! You can book a package trip through WDW to receive a free food Disney Dining Plan. This comes with 2 snack credits per day which can be used at the International Holiday Food Booths. If there's a will, there's a way. At least that's what I heard from Imagineers.
You forgot the free choccy at Downtown Disney Springs.

Daddyoh

I am going to Epcot for the first time on December 25th, and as I was planning I was told that they have food from all over the world to taste. Since I'm not really into rides(motion sickness) the cultural part of this vacation would greatly interest me. However, all the food I saw was in something called World Showcase, and you have to pay to eat. I thought dining though all the world foods would be free with my base ticket purchase unless I'm looking at something wrong?
This is WDW ! you get nothing for NOTHING. Maybe the air that you breathe and they could be charging for that too soon, call it Resort Air.

mouse_luv

I am going to Epcot for the first time on December 25th, and as I was planning I was told that they have food from all over the world to taste. Since I'm not really into rides(motion sickness) the cultural part of this vacation would greatly interest me. However, all the food I saw was in something called World Showcase, and you have to pay to eat. I thought dining though all the world foods would be free with my base ticket purchase unless I'm looking at something wrong?
:hilarious: This is Disney AKA where they charge for everything and unless it's quick service you're going to need an ADR. You aren't getting a free meal there, and if you are going on Dec 25 good luck with getting close to anything.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
The internet hosts many Festival Food recipes for amateur attempts at home.
No need to spend money on groceries if you make substitutions using what's left in your cupboards.
Taste, texture, aroma, presentation. As long as you get one right, someone will eat it. Maybe even you 🎥🧸🎵🎶➗💲💱

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom