I want more Pirates, dammit

Magenta Panther

Original Poster
I want MORE Pirates in WDW, in Adventureland. I want a Pirates-themed restaurant/show at least. I think Disney's fantasy version of pirates is sublime and inimitable. When I walk into Pirates of the Caribbean, I get chills. I'm in another world. If anything Disney owns is a Potter-swatter, that's it. I don't understand why Disney has Star Wars all over the damn place but so little Pirates overall. (Well, actually, I DO know why that is, Star Wars is an Iger acquisition, and the idiot thinks it's his legacy, pfffft). Anyway, that's my take. I'd also like a Tip Top Restaurant adjoining the Tower of Terror, since I'm dreaming here...

Last edited:

Pepper's Ghost

I want MORE Pirates in WDW, in Adventureland. I want a Pirates-themed restaurant/show at least. I think Disney's fantasy version of pirates is sublime and inimitable. When I walk into Pirates of the Caribbean, I get chills. I'm in another world. If anything Disney owns is a Potter-swatter, that's it. I don't understand why Disney has Star Wars all over the damn place but so little Pirates overall. (Well, actually, I DO know why that is, Star Wars is an Iger acquisition, and the idiot thinks it's his legacy, pfffft). Anyway, that's my take. I'd also like at Tip Top Restaurant adjoining the Tower of Terror, since I'm dreaming here...
You had me at "pirates". I'm a huge PofC fan, ride and first three movies. 😁

InnKpr

Since we already have Sparrow and company at POTC, and Hook's crew over at PPF, why not include pirates which have never been used to their full potential in the theme parks so far?

How about the swashbuckling fun of Muppets Treasure Island implemented somewhere in Adventureland, whether in an exhibit, restaurant, or other themed attraction. A very underrated lot of characters that could make for some fun guest interactions.

Screenshot_20200820-001921.png

dmw

In the Parks
No
be careful what you wish for. Remember the Jack Sparrow show (I forget the name) that was at HS for a few years? I think you need to spend some time chillin' on the Peter Pan ride and see a little Hook. 😜

Archie123

Since we already have Sparrow and company at POTC, and Hook's crew over at PPF, why not include pirates which have never been used to their full potential in the theme parks so far?

How about the swashbuckling fun of Muppets Treasure Island implemented somewhere in Adventureland, whether in an exhibit, restaurant, or other themed attraction. A very underrated lot of characters that could make for some fun guest interactions.

View attachment 492006

Sold. Let's get this built.

Archie123

be careful what you wish for. Remember the Jack Sparrow show (I forget the name) that was at HS for a few years? I think you need to spend some time chillin' on the Peter Pan ride and see a little Hook. 😜

Man that show was horrible. Utter garbage.

ppete1975

They need to restore WDWs to its original glory with a disclaimer. Then redo the entrance. As you enter you can go left or straight. left takes you through the queue we all love (maybe plussed but same feeling) and then the "socially unacceptable ride" This would cost very little to do.

If you go straight though..... you enter the world of pirates..... the best theming ever seen street scapes market places pirates walking around... real cobblestone walkways-- all leading to the best of the parks brand new pirates ride that sometimes has real characters portaying pirates on the ships etc (like special unannounced plussing) Im a firm believer in the vintage amazing pirate ride we have, but i think we could add the best poc and be a game changer in the theme park world.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.

View attachment 492006
tenor.gif

Heppenheimer

Disneyland does pirates marginally better. In addition to the ride being longer, there's the Blue Bayou restaurant (not really pirate-themed, as such, but co-located with the ride), they have a walking pirate music troop that performs in Liberty Square, and Tom Sawyer's Island is mostly pirate themed. Still, only one smallish pirate gift shop.

Disney really needs to invite this German band to a residency in one of the parks too:

Or at least hire them to perform on the soundtrack of the next pirates movie.

JohnD

I want MORE Pirates in WDW, in Adventureland. I want a Pirates-themed restaurant/show at least. I think Disney's fantasy version of pirates is sublime and inimitable. When I walk into Pirates of the Caribbean, I get chills. I'm in another world. If anything Disney owns is a Potter-swatter, that's it. I don't understand why Disney has Star Wars all over the damn place but so little Pirates overall. (Well, actually, I DO know why that is, Star Wars is an Iger acquisition, and the idiot thinks it's his legacy, pfffft). Anyway, that's my take. I'd also like at Tip Top Restaurant adjoining the Tower of Terror, since I'm dreaming here...

We just don't need any more pirates in gift shops. Leave something for those of us who actually want a souvenir to take home and not scoop up the entire store to sell on EBay.

Club Cooloholic

We just don't need any more pirates in gift shops. Leave something for those of us who actually want a souvenir to take home and not scoop up the entire store to sell on EBay.
I remember years ago being in DL and there was this guy with an armful of dolls, which I thought was strange as he didn't look like a father. I looked at them, never had heard of them but thought, OK I will get one for my daughter. The movie had not yet been released but they were Anna and Elsa dolls. The internet has spawned some cool things, but Ebay pirates are not one of them.

Archie123

View attachment 492006

I've always said that there is not enough of a Muppet presence in the parks. ;) I'm sure the OP would agree. GIVE US MORE MUPPETS!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom