I want Fort Wilderness back

TROR

Original Poster
This is not a request, Disney. Give it to me. Recreating an authentic log fort would be a better way to spend your money than any Pixar overlay, and you know it. It's the perfect companion attraction to the Mark Twain and Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. Start building, Disney, or else I'm going to start my own theme park and you'll be out of business.

TROR

Original Poster
Whats your problem, Fort Wilderness is there. Don't you enjoy looking at it and walking around it? ;-)
NOT MY FORT WILDERNESS!

1522299149858.png

Not only is it useless to guests, it's ugly compared to the original.

mickEblu

This is not a request, Disney. Give it to me. Recreating an authentic log fort would be a better way to spend your money than any Pixar overlay, and you know it. It's the perfect companion attraction to the Mark Twain and Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. Start building, Disney, or else I'm going to start my own theme park and you'll be out of business.

This guy ^^*just keeps solidifying his place in the HOB. Great work

@Hattieboxghost110 @Disney Irish Bruh @phruby

TROR

Original Poster
Wait, you're 19, you were what 3 or 4 when it closed. Did you actually experience it? Do you even remember it? Most of the real changes happened before you were even born.

No which is why it's so sad. Fort Wilderness represents the kind of stuff I love the most about theme parks. I don't care about big spectacles like Battle Escape, it's the quaint stuff I love.

This guy ^^*just keeps solidifying his place in the HOB. Great work

@Hattieboxghost110 @Disney Irish Bruh @phruby

I seriously just love everything about this attraction and am sad I'll never get to experience it or anything like it unless I build my own.

1522302673710.png

1522302680805.png

1522302895724.png

Disney Irish

Premium Member
My first memory of Disneyland was riding the Sun Wheel. 😂 Doesn't mean we can't fantasize about these sorts of things, BRUH.

But that is like saying The Godfather is garbage without actually seeing it, when in reality its a classic. You have to actually experience something to know if its garbage or really a classic.

mickEblu

No which is why it's so sad. Fort Wilderness represents the kind of stuff I love the most about theme parks. I don't care about big spectacles like Battle Escape, it's the quaint stuff I love.

I seriously just love everything about this attraction and am sad I'll never get to experience it or anything like it unless I build my own.

View attachment 272975
View attachment 272976
View attachment 272977

I hear you. Give me the Court of Angels over Battle Escape anyday.

Not but seriously it’s all about the balance between the smaller n bigger experiences. A symphony if you will. Space between the musical notes. That’s why I wasn’t a fan of the old Big Thunder Trail going away or the lower level of Hungry Bear not being right on the water anymore. The new Big Thunder Trail is growing on me though.

D.Silentu

The question of doing anything with the fort is really tied to the fate of the whole island. It was ignored during the pirate takeover and it's a shame because that retheme was the best chance they had to do anything with the fort. The second best was recently, when the island was reshaped. It's too bad they left the island alone during that closure. I would love to see the fort reopen and the whole island rezoned to Frontierland(geographically and thematically), seeing as Star Wars has already taken part of the land away.

Last edited:

TROR

Original Poster
I hear you. Give me the Court of Angels over Battle Escape anyday.

Not but seriously it’s all about the balance between the smaller n bigger experiences. A symphony if you will. Space between the musical notes. That’s why I wasn’t a fan of the old Big Thunder Trail going away or the lower level of Hungry Bear not being right on the water anymore. The new Big Thunder Trail is growing on me though.

I really miss the Court of Angels tbh. Walking through NOS you can feel it missing. As for Big Thunder trail, I only vaguely remember the old rocks from Nature's Wonderland as well as Big Thunder Ranch. I've always felt that space could be used better so I'm glad it is, but I still greatly regret never visiting the petting zoo.

SuddenStorm

Great Moments and the Mark Twain are two attractions that I hope are always around- but I rarely actually experience them (maybe once every few visits).

I have a feeling the fort would be the same way- it'd be such a hassle to go over to the island, I'd probably only visit it extremely rarely.

Do I wish it was operating? Yes, because right now it's replacement sits with it's doors closed and functions as a Fantasmic dressing room- it wouldn't be to difficult for Disney to put together a new fort.

But it's not something I'm gonna grab the pitchfork over- especially while the Peoplemover tracks sit vacant.

dweezil78

Just a suggestion... but maybe instead of theme parks you'd be better suited visiting, I don't know, a real park? Or a real little town? This kind of stuff does exist outside of Disneyland you know, for much less $$$ and far less people.

TROR

Original Poster
Just a suggestion... but maybe instead of theme parks you'd be better suited visiting, I don't know, a real park? Or a real little town? This kind of stuff does exist outside of Disneyland you know, for much less $$$ and far less people.
I do know that and I always do my best to visit them when I have the chance. When I was a kid I lived near San Diego there was like a little western town I think and I loved going to that. When I was in IL a few years ago I visited Lincoln's home which was pretty sweet. In a way, though, these are definitely theme parks just not in the traditional sense you think of when you hear the phrase.

But it's not something I'm gonna grab the pitchfork over- especially while the Peoplemover tracks sit vacant.
Is your problem more that there's ugly tracks rotting away in Tomorrowland or that you wish the People Mover was still operating?

TROR

Original Poster
Kind of related to @dweezil78's comment regarding parks vs theme parks because something I've always loved is the idea of Mickey Mouse Park in Burbank. I am ultimately glad it never got built for a few reasons, but it definitely has a greater park-like feeling which reminds me of the Arboretum in Pasadena except with rides. Which I think is a pretty neat take, imo. I like the idea of a place like Central Park where it's free to enter but then there's like America Sings there and you can buy a ticket to watch it.

1522310518883.png

Although it's not free, Efteling is definitely the closest I can think of to blending a natural park with a theme park and have it work brilliantly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom