I thought Disney banned cooler chests?

wdwjmp239

Original Poster
The family and I just got back from Disney this morning and we noticed when we were walking around Hollywood Studios, there were quite a few people walking around with cooler chests. My wife and I thought maybe they brought them in for medicinal storage (someone's medication needed to be refrigerated). If that's the case, then I can understand the exception, but is the ban on cooler chests officially in effect now?

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I don’t remember seeing a ban on cooler chests, just loose ice. I could have missed it though, it’s my finals week and haven’t payed much attention to anything lol

wdwjmp239

Original Poster
I don’t remember seeing a ban on cooler chests, just loose ice. I could have missed it though, it’s my finals week and haven’t payed much attention to anything lol

I know they listed some stuff that were banned from the parks like huge baby carriages and I thought cooler chests part of that ban. If not, then.....no biggie....just thought they weren't allowed. :)

NYwdwfan

913DCD8D-B038-48B0-99EE-BA6FC147B159.png

Chef Mickey

Disney isn’t exactly great at enforcing their own rules. There are still plenty of people walking around with selfie sticks since they were banned, still smokers/vapers wandering around, etc.
They could do better, but people are such slobs, they are hard to reign in effectively 100% of the time.

wdwjmp239

Original Poster
Yeah, I had to endure a quick whiff of strawberry vape while walking down Main Street on Tuesday. In regards to selfie sticks? I didn't see any while I was there. The only things I saw were the smartphone gimbals which are handheld and don't extend past arm's length. In regards to the cooler chests I saw - they were small and on wheels so...not a big deal. :)

JIMINYCR

Enforcement is always spotty. So many Dis personnel dont want to have confrontations or take a chance of having a bad encounter with a guest. Unless you get the security guy thats a hard a** and takes his position of power to the extreme... you can sometimes be the guy who slips by.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom