I think it was a mistake to take away those mcdonalds fries stands in the parks.

AndyS2992

I'd be quite happy if Disney announced that one quick service restaurant from each park would start serving McDonald's food, not just fries but burgers, nuggets, shakes, McFlurry etc. At Disneyland Paris the food in the parks is so ridiculously over priced and the portions are tiny (and usually cold) and it doesn't even taste that great so we just step out to Disney Village and eat at the McDonald's there as it costs a fraction of the price of Disney restaurants and you get twice as much and there is tons of seating and the service is fast unlike the in park places. If Disney allows Starbucks, Rainforest Cafe etc in to the parks then I don't see why McDonald's isn't welcome.

Last edited:

DisneyTalks

Original Poster
Mcodnalds fries.png

fry 2.png

fry 3.png

I also love how the stands were even themed to certain areas of the parks to keep the theme consistent. The stands were cool and the fries were totally amazing. I don't know why, but those golden fries tasted totally better than the fries actually served at mcdonalds. I guess they cooked them a certain way, but coming out fresh and hot with all the salt poured on it, made me craving for endless fries lol. I mean if starbucks can be there now, you can at least bring those mcdonalds fries. Almost everyone loved them, those stands always had a lengthy line.

mf1972

i always had a found memory of the fries at frontierland in MK. 1 of those huge birds swan dived me & went for the fries. scared the hell out of me & gave everyone around me a good laugh. got a replacement order for no charge.

thomas998

I'd be quite happy if Disney announced that one quick service restaurant from each park would start serving McDonald's food, not just fries but burgers, nuggets, shakes, McFlurry etc. At Disneyland Paris the food in the parks is so ridiculously over priced and the portions are tiny (and usually cold) and it doesn't even taste that great so we just step out to Disney Village and eat at the McDonald's there as it costs a fraction of the price of Disney restaurants and you get twice as much and there is tons of seating and the service is fast unlike the in park places. If Disney allows Starbucks, Rainforest Cafe etc in to the parks then I don't see why McDonald's isn't welcome.
I'm afraid if you had a McDonalds open up inside MK you would not be seeing the same reasonable prices you get in the outside. I think it would be closer to the ridiculous over priced levels you get for a McDonalds that opens on an interstate highway or inside an airport. The prices are much higher than in a McDonalds right outside the airport or off of the interstate. McDonalds would know they had a captive audience and price accordingly... and while you can enjoy a tiny McDondalds cheeseburger that only costs you a dollar could you really enjoy that same burger if they raised the price to 4 dollars for the little cheeseburger or 8 dollars for a Big Mac? Once you saw the Disney prices of the food you would probably think twice about the McDondalds an likely skip them as they are acceptable when they are cheap but who would want them at over the top Disney prices.

JIMINYCR

Always have been a fan of the McD's fries. After having some meals with the Disney fries as a side it was always a treat to stop by and grab some goood tasting fries.

Jon81uk

This used to be the way, they served McNuggets and McDonalds fries at select quick service locations.

But the long-term agreement with McDonalds ended and also McDonalds food became seen as unhealthy following the Super Size Me film.

Good write-up on it at Yesterland https://www.yesterland.com/mcwdw.html

Dragonman

Check out the video I posted above, it provides good info about the full history of McDonald’s and Disney’s partnership, as well as the parks’ restaurants.

TrainsOfDisney

Ya know, I don't recall if I've ever actually been inside that McDonald's, but I read the Yesterland page about it and it looked AWESOME.

I used to meet a friend there all the time. He’d get off work and wanted to eat there because it was cheap, I’d get earl of sandwich and meet him there. Sometimes I’d get a McFlurry after the sandwich. Good memories.

There was also fairfax fries at the studios and the quick service in Canada was also a McDonald’s.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom