I think I just messed up

AndyS2992

Original Poster
Hey guys,

I just connected my Disney resort reservation to My Disney Experience however there is a problem. When I connected it showed all four members of my party as it should, however I scrolled to bottom and pressed done without ticking the 'This is me' box next to my name and so now my account has five people so now reads:
-Andy (My MDE account)
-Andrew (My actual reservation)
-Mum
-Dad
-Brother

Is there a way to merge them in to me just being one person or am I now stuck with this? I'm not sure if this is going to negatively effect my planning in the coming months or what :/

I personally find this whole MM+ totally overwhelming and have no idea what I am actually doing and being in the UK makes things more complicated. As in for me to make FP+ reservations it asks me to link my park admission, however I won't get my Magic Bands until I check in so how am I supposed to link that before I arrive?

Just totally confused at this point :grumpy:

AndyS2992

Original Poster
Did you purchase theme park tickets with your package? That is what it is referring to, not your Magic Bands, they are secondary.
Yeah we have 14 day tickets as part of the package but since we are staying at a Disney Resort, wouldn't they automatically be linked to the Magic Bands when we get them when we check in?

Allygator

Call Disney and they will remove the extra name. I had a previous cancelled trip so my husband and daughter was listed twice on my mde account.

DisneyJoe

Yeah we have 14 day tickets as part of the package but since we are staying at a Disney Resort, wouldn't they automatically be linked to the Magic Bands when we get them when we check in?

They should be linked to your MDE account when the package is linked; i.e. now.

The bands then get linked to your MDE account when you get to the hotel, but that doesn't keep you from linking your ticket admission now.

AndyS2992

Original Poster
Call Disney and they will remove the extra name. I had a previous cancelled trip so my husband and daughter was listed twice on my mde account.
I think I will have to do that, doesn't seem to be any other way around it :)

They should be linked to your MDE account when the package is linked; i.e. now.

The bands then get linked to your MDE account when you get to the hotel, but that doesn't keep you from linking your ticket admission now.
My hotel reservation is all their but when I click on the tickets/Magic Band tab it says something like 'Tickets: 0 Magic Bands: 0 Magic Bands Ordered: 4' So does that mean I just have to wait a bit since my trip isn't for another 135 days yet? I assume that is the case but if this all remains the same in another two months then I'm just going to have to call them, stressing me out :confused:

DisneyJoe

My hotel reservation is all their but when I click on the tickets/Magic Band tab it says something like 'Tickets: 0 Magic Bands: 0 Magic Bands Ordered: 4' So does that mean I just have to wait a bit since my trip isn't for another 135 days yet? I assume that is the case but if this all remains the same in another two months then I'm just going to have to call them, stressing me out :confused:

How did you book, who did you book with?

If the room and tickets were booked separately, you need to link in the tickets. Do you have a confirmation number with your ticket purchase?

FORGET about the Magic Bands, as you can take a trip without them!

AndyS2992

Original Poster
How did you book, who did you book with?

If the room and tickets were booked separately, you need to link in the tickets. Do you have a confirmation number with your ticket purchase?

FORGET about the Magic Bands, as you can take a trip without them!
A UK travel agent called Thomas Cook.

My confirmation from them shows tickets have been purchased but there is no codes or reference numbers given for the tickets or anything on any of the paperwork.

When I last visited WDW in 2012 our park tickets were given to us at check in at Pop Century as they were linked to our KTW cards and from what the agent was telling us today that this will be the case again, so I assume this means any kind of park admission stuff will be handed to us at check in meaning we will miss out on FP+ booking in advance. Which is annoying.

Rob562

I would definitely call and have them merge Andrew and Andy into a single profile. Otherwise you may find you have problems with the hotel reservation being linked to one profile and your ticket linked to another, since the MDE system currently sees them as two separate people.

-Rob

AndyS2992

Original Poster
I would definitely call and have them merge Andrew and Andy into a single profile. Otherwise you may find you have problems with the hotel reservation being linked to one profile and your ticket linked to another, since the MDE system currently sees them as two separate people.

-Rob
I shall :) However would you happen to know whether they would be able to merge my accounts through contacting them via email or do I have to phone them?

Bill 549

Hey guys,

I just connected my Disney resort reservation to My Disney Experience however there is a problem. When I connected it showed all four members of my party as it should, however I scrolled to bottom and pressed done without ticking the 'This is me' box next to my name and so now my account has five people so now reads:
-Andy (My MDE account)
-Andrew (My actual reservation)
-Mum
-Dad
-Brother

Is there a way to merge them in to me just being one person or am I now stuck with this? I'm not sure if this is going to negatively effect my planning in the coming months or what :/

I personally find this whole MM+ totally overwhelming and have no idea what I am actually doing and being in the UK makes things more complicated. As in for me to make FP+ reservations it asks me to link my park admission, however I won't get my Magic Bands until I check in so how am I supposed to link that before I arrive?

Just totally confused at this point :grumpy:

CAll 407-939-7765, press option 3, they should be able to fix your problem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom