Trip Report I swear this is the last time... COMPLETED

That's right! How many times have I made that promise to WDWMagic, that this trip would be the last trip for the foreseeable future? I think at least twice... Because ya girl has got to save for grad school that starts in less than 6 months! But then... all that Epcot news came out... and I just couldn't resist... and my vacation request got approved today...

I do solemnly swear this will be my last time at Disney World for at least a year (the length of my program, and I won't even be in the country anymore so there will be no temptation... except, maybe, Disneyland Paris ;))

When???: May 15-18 2019. 62 more days to go!
Where???: Coronado Springs! The eleganza! Can you believe I'm not staying in a Value or off property? Me neither? But that's because...
Who: Me and my grandma! She's an AP and wanted to go with me before I leave to start school... She also booked the hotel room (yay grandparents!!!)

So, what am I looking forward to? Riding Haunted Mansion, of course. Seeing Sonny Eclipse (duh!). Maybe even experiencing Toy Story Land (I wasn't sold on it... but if I can get FPs... then...). And maybe even attempting to secure a FP for FOP. We'll see about that... Oh, and riding Peoplemover!

If you'd care to sit back and wait 62 days with me as our plans become more concrete, then enjoy. And in 62 days... who knows what tomfoolery is in store.

o heck yeah

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
That's right! How many times have I made that promise to WDWMagic, that this trip would be the last trip for the foreseeable future? I think at least twice... Because ya girl has got to save for grad school that starts in less than 6 months! But then... all that Epcot news came out... and I just couldn't resist... and my vacation request got approved today...

I do solemnly swear this will be my last time at Disney World for at least a year (the length of my program, and I won't even be in the country anymore so there will be no temptation... except, maybe, Disneyland Paris ;))

When???: May 15-18 2019. 62 more days to go!
Where???: Coronado Springs! The eleganza! Can you believe I'm not staying in a Value or off property? Me neither? But that's because...
Who: Me and my grandma! She's an AP and wanted to go with me before I leave to start school... She also booked the hotel room (yay grandparents!!!)

So, what am I looking forward to? Riding Haunted Mansion, of course. Seeing Sonny Eclipse (duh!). Maybe even experiencing Toy Story Land (I wasn't sold on it... but if I can get FPs... then...). And maybe even attempting to secure a FP for FOP. We'll see about that... Oh, and riding Peoplemover!

If you'd care to sit back and wait 62 days with me as our plans become more concrete, then enjoy. And in 62 days... who knows what tomfoolery is in store.

View attachment 356925
o heck yeah
I love tomfoolery!

tonystark

Original Poster
Well, we're 60 days out today and I've not made FPs because MDE is driving me up the wall. I knew this would happen tho... I bought my delicious $220.99 (enjoy that small fortune Mr. Iger) 3 day discover disney ticket on my own MDE account, my grandma made our hotel reservations on her own MDE account... and I can't get either of them to link up. I tried inviting her as a friends & family, she tried inviting me.... Nothing. Otherwise I'd be planning the FPs by now. I feel like what will have to happen is I'll have to get the log in info of my grandma's MDE account, make the FPs for us both... Then, day of, have my ticket activated and beg the CM to link the ticket to my hotel magic band account of me (another one for the collection but I don't mind lol) so that I'm not carrying a magic band for the room and a plastic ticket for the ticket and FPs. I'm... frustrated :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Well, we're 60 days out today and I've not made FPs because MDE is driving me up the wall. I knew this would happen tho... I bought my delicious $220.99 (enjoy that small fortune Mr. Iger) 3 day discover disney ticket on my own MDE account, my grandma made our hotel reservations on her own MDE account... and I can't get either of them to link up. I tried inviting her as a friends & family, she tried inviting me.... Nothing. Otherwise I'd be planning the FPs by now. I feel like what will have to happen is I'll have to get the log in info of my grandma's MDE account, make the FPs for us both... Then, day of, have my ticket activated and beg the CM to link the ticket to my hotel magic band account of me (another one for the collection but I don't mind lol) so that I'm not carrying a magic band for the room and a plastic ticket for the ticket and FPs. I'm... frustrated :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
Call MDE technical support. You will need some basic info of your grandmas. Email and address or phone number I think. They should be able to link you two up. They have saved my butte many a time!!!

tonystark

Original Poster
Sounds like a wonderful trip with your grandma! Congrats on grad school! Can't wait to hear all about it!
Thank you so much! I'm excited (for both) though nervous about grad school.
Fun! Enjoy your trip!
I will do my very best to enjoy it... Will I cry when eating my last citrus swirl? Probably not... but maybe
I love tomfoolery!
Oh, I believe there will be quite a bit of tomfoolery in store... Who knows what the delightful guests of Disney might be up to while I'm there??? I'm sure there will be at least one awkward encounter.
Have a great trip and for the next couple of months... enjoy the pre feelings!
Thank you! I'm enjoying your trip report and am so glad to hear everyone was ok after your car accident
Call MDE technical support. You will need some basic info of your grandmas. Email and address or phone number I think. They should be able to link you two up. They have saved my butte many a time!!!
Somehow, my grandma managed to be more technologically advanced than me (?????) and made it work this morning. I wonder if she made a phone call... :cautious:

tonystark

Original Poster
Now that I've been able to do some whirlwind FP booking (and laundry, otherwise I'd have no clothes for work tomorrow) let's discuss the plans.

15th, arrival. Epcot day, yay!! So far, FPs for Spaceship Earth (doesn't really need it but might as well), and Soarin'. I totally forgot about the whole tiered system at Epcot. If only book those two, will we get another tier one FP after we ride Soarin' or do I need to book 3 FP total for the day (LWTL here we come) and then get blessed by Bob Iger's benevolence with another 3 sets of FPs?

16th, Magic Kingdom baybee! A whirlwind morning indeed that ends at 1:20 PM in terms of FPs. I booked Big Thunder, Space, and Splash. Have to get the holy trinity out of the way. I know, no HM -- the outrage! I imagine I'll be finding myself there at least 3 times over. The hours are posted for 9-9... I'm hoping those get pushed back maybe to 10 or 11 but I don't know the historical patterns of park hours in May. Wanted to get lunch reservations for BOG since I have literally daydreamed about the carved turkey sandwich, but they're all booked up -- shall have to stalk.

17th, our final park day. It's looking like Animal Kingdom in the morning/afternoon and MGM/DHS in the late afternoon/night. I have been able to get FPs for Everest, Kilimanjaro, and Flight of Passage. However... the FOP FP (mm acronyms) isn't until like 6:30 PM... Well into our MGM time. Stalking shall have to begin for that as well, so I can get something in the morning. That way, we have three FPs for MGM. We have lunch reservations for Yak and Yeti at my grandma's request, and I was really excited to see they have chicken tikka marsala... until...

$24.99.

MegRuss626

Wanted to get lunch reservations for BOG since I have literally daydreamed about the carved turkey sandwich, but they're all booked up -- shall have to stalk.

Make sure you check for two single reservations within a few minutes of each other! A trick I learned on here when we booked our last trip well past the 180 day mark.

tonystark

Original Poster
Make sure you check for two single reservations within a few minutes of each other! A trick I learned on here when we booked our last trip well past the 180 day mark.
Thank you! I hadn't considered that. I'll add it to my repertoire of tricks.

tonystark

Original Poster
So, I've been hesitant to update this pre trip report because I'm not quite sure where this trip stands. A little over a week ago, my grandma's mother was in a very bad car accident where she was hit by a driver under the influence practically head on (the DUI driver had also been going 40 miles over the posted speed limit). My great grandma has been in the ICU ever since, and while I've been visiting her every day, it has been very difficult. She was completely lucid when I spoke to her in the emergency room (we all thought she would pull through) but she had to have emergency surgery on her arm and ever since, she had to be placed on a ventilator and sedated. It isn't looking good, so I'm not sure what's going to happen with this trip. I imagine I would still go, but I don't think my grandma would be up for it.

In terms of our plans, I've managed to get a 1 person 11:55 lunch reservation and a 12:30 1 person reservation for BOG. I'm waiting on Mouse Dining to notify me of anything closer. If not, one of us will have to eat very slowly. I also shifted our AK fast passes to the evening, and our lunch at Yak and Yeti turned into dinner. The morning would be reserved for DHS.

But, like I said -- who knows what will happen to this trip. Life turns on a dime.

tonystark

Original Poster
wow..good wishes for great grandmother.
I'm so sorry. Sending prayers for Great Grandma.
Sorry to hear about the accident, I hope things get better soon.
That’s terrible. I hope your great grandmother has a full and speedy recovery.
Sending well wishes your way, hope your great grandma recovers soon
I hope your grandmother gets well soon. That's awful about the accident.
So sorry to hear this. I will keep her in my prayers.
So sorry to hear about your great grandma! Sending good vibes to you and your entire family.
Thank you for all of your kind words. My great grandma passed away on Thursday, but I know she would have appreciated each and every kind word sent her way. She was really one of a kind, and I'm fortunate to have known her.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom