Trip Report I still have a family (just) but what a totally different experience we had. ** completed

Hi my Disney friends

I’m back and to be honest it all feels like a total blur.

As the title suggests I do still have a family but there were some bumps in the road. I’ll share some details and thoughts as we go. Be warned though this won’t be like any of my other TR’s the magic whilst there was not as strong as previous trips and the whole pace was much slower. You might ask yourself where has Tracey gone? I asked myself the same thing - don’t get me wrong it was still fun and my nephews had the best time which was the main aim but some things that happened just took the gloss off.

I always used to look at big groups and imagine what fun it would be, but in truth it restricts a lot of things you do, everything happens much slower and not everything gets done - although I think I was probably the only one who noticed that.

Anyhow let’s start this......

So the background

This holiday as I mentioned in the PTR was the first for my sister in 14 years (a messy divorce left her to bring up my 2 nephews) my younger nephew had never been on a plane and my older nephew had only flown once when he was 2 (he doesn’t remember that)
We had booked it a year and a half beforehand for the whole family. Myself, Chris, sister her partner, 2 nephews, my brother and sister in law and my mum - 9 of us we’re going to Disney (they said Florida) but I knew different.

We were going from 19th Aug to 1st September 13 nights in a villa (you know I love POR) - we were trying to keep the cost down for my sister!

The WhatsApp group was in full use before we went - how much luggage can I take? Can I pack x in my hand luggage? Whose getting on TOT - we involve everyone in the pre holiday excitement.

Next up getting there - and some photos! (Sorry for the text heavy start)

Tiggertoo56

So looking forward to reading this TR.:) Groups can be challenging - having been as a party of 3, party of 7 and party of 10 I have seen the difference it makes. I'm sure you still had a wonderful time. Can't wait to read about the meet up with @Tuvalu as mentioned in her TR.

Longers

Original Poster
Sunday 18th September

When we normally do Disney we normally travel at the end of a week but school holidays and flights dictated our dates so a Monday flying day it was.

I could never miss a Disney holiday so I always stay the night before near the airport.

My oldest nephew lives with his dad following her divorce a choice he was allowed to make. I think he chose his dad as he knew there would be no boundaries and at 13 I guess that appealed to him. We used to be so close and it literally broke my heart watching everything unfold and him leaving.

Here he is years ago before all that happened. Hopefully he won’t find this report or he might not be too happy!

BBC61A9C-1059-4FC3-AA89-4C974450E56B.jpeg

Back then we were the best of friends, always laughing and messing about.

For at least 1 1/2 years he didn’t want to make contact or talk and those were some dark times.
I tried to keep the conversation going and thankfully we have made progress in getting things back to normal. He lives near me but my sister lives 1.5 hours away. Things aren’t ideal in that respect so we were all looking forward to spending time with him.

We had arranged a family room for the night before and he joined us.

We left our house at around 4pm for our hour drive to the airport and we were singing and joking in the car - we sent some messages back to everyone else via the WhatsApp group.

35B59193-97A9-4DD4-B16A-1838A87A3915.jpeg

We arrived and had extra beds in our room - enough for 2 - so enough room to spread out.

11D4B829-AB00-4C97-B1CF-12D17B5DB5C8.jpeg

We left our bits and headed to the pub next door for drinks and a quick snack.

D80D8EF5-FE3A-4AEE-8FEA-BFA083795BBC.jpeg

55B5C22B-68D0-41F7-9DA4-0461C2037672.jpeg

My nephew had a poor hand so he asked me to bandage it - I think the day before he had been at basketball and it looked like he had done some damage but he told me not to fuss “he would live”

I won’t give up my day job!

0EA6C50C-E450-4BB4-9B51-D259DF0E00E5.jpeg

And then it was time to sleep - the others were travelling up in the morning.

6EEC8613-BCED-4FF9-A1C4-E853ACDB5F43.jpeg

Tomorrow we were all going to Disney

Longers

Original Poster

Hi
Darn it @Rista1313 you beat me!

Second one here!

Losing your touch at not being first!

Count me in! Looking forward to seeing how much BTMRR and ice cream were involved! ;)

Not as much as I wanted!

I'm very much looking forward to this!!

Welcome

YAY!! Perfect timing too. @JenniferS and @riverside wrapped up their reports so I'm in need of more!!

Happy to oblige

So looking forward to reading this TR.:) Groups can be challenging - having been as a party of 3, party of 7 and party of 10 I have seen the difference it makes. I'm sure you still had a wonderful time. Can't wait to read about the meet up with @Tuvalu as mentioned in her TR.

It certainly was challenging but that meet up was the best! More of that to follow

Looking forward to reading along! I'm hoping you still had an enjoyable trip despite what sounds like some ups and downs!

Thanks - welcome

Following!!

So sad I didn’t get to meet you at the drinks meet up ;(

I’m in too!!

Welcome aboard

Looking forward to reading along. Regular family trips can be hard. I can’t imagine a group of 9.

It was certainly challenging

I'm here too!!
Yay

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom