Trip Report I See You, Figment

My report on my vacation to WDW this October. Our resort was AOA, and it was the best one I’d been in, other than the relatively limited space. Our first meal there was the large pizza, and I was the only one who liked it, getting more slices over our trip The Magic Kingdom was first, and as the “castle park” it was what I expected. We did Tommorowland first. It was alright, I liked the pre-show and seating to Space Mountain, not to mention all the details of the places you could go. I couldn’t find the “closed sectors” secret, though. Maybe it was down a different route? Next was Space Ranger Spin. It was alright, but I noticed it was showing its age with the number of plywood cutouts, which also applied to Pooh. This was also my first time going on Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, and I can say I really like the screens showing safety instructions around here. I did it alongside Big Thunder. I was surprised, however, by the amount of coaster before the character scenes.

Epcot was next. I chickened out of Mission Space. However, I still boarded Test Track. JII went over fine, and I noticed the “Dean Finder” secret much like how I was able to notice the Pooh secrets. The burnt coffee scene wasn’t as smelly as I remember it being. Frozen Ever After, I surprisingly liked, more than Maelstrom. I tried looking for Maelstrom secrets for a bit before giving up and enjoying the ride as it was.

DHS was the day I did most of my souvenir shopping (though I did get some stuff at Epcot). While I appreciated the atmosphere of GE, I decided not to go on Smuggler’s Run due to having done it at DLP. MV3D went over great, I elected not to do TOT because I dislike anti-gravity feelings in my lower body, and TSL was a bit of a dissapointment in that the big Woody figure was static. The attractions there were fine, though. Did the Walt Disney tribute exhibit, too. This was also the first day we went on the (surprisingly reliable) Skyliner.

DAK was good too. I loved the Donald’s Dino Bash, and appreciated that Disney were acknowledging modern science. Pandora was a good land, I liked what Satuli Canteen has, like the burger pod and the quesadillas. Looked around to find Camp Minnie-Mickey tribute secrets, but could not find a single one. Navi River Journey was our first ride. I found it to be much better than it’s a small world in terms of atmosphere. While a family member had been horrified of DINOSAUR in the past, they still went on it, and were slightly less scared. Didn’t want to do Bug’s Life or Everest, though. Surprisingly, it rained, prompting us to go on Kali River Rapids. It was working well. Then it stopped raining.
The next two days had us at MK and Epcot again to cover some attractions we missed and also do the Halloween stuff. Main Street had the best Halloween stuff, with a Mars package containing items such as a full-sized snickers bar. By comparison, some others were less than stellar, like the applesauce one, and in the end we did not visit all the Trick or Treat stations.

Space Mountain’s Halloween revamp was no Ghost Galaxy (COME BACK!), but it was fine for what it was. And I was really on the edge of my seat in fear Bob would be back, or they added a launch, as our vehicle stopped. POTC adding live actors was unexpected, but I was able to find the hidden treasure. We didn’t even bother with Mad Tea Party and its fog effect. 7DMT was probably the ride we went on the most. The shaking mine carts worked great.

The last day was Epcot again. We took the Skyliner back for a lengthy, scenic ride, and then it rained as we flew. I seriously considered Anna and Elsa plush souvenirs to join Violet, but decided against it.

Last edited:

wild01ride

Photos or it didn't happen!

J/K! :p

Very "efficient" trip report!

Glad to hear you made it through a Skyliner experience and enjoyed it!
Was this after the incident?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom