I really miss The Walt Disney World Railroad

cjack300zx

Original Poster
Anyone else here really love and miss The Walt Disney World Railroad as I do? I'm sad it won't be open for my next trip in October but I am excited about its new route under The Tron Coaster It's my understanding that it will be going through a tunnel under Tron, I wonder if the tunnel will have any theming or will it be pitch black like The People Mover?

JIMINYCR

On our last trip we knew the RR wasnt running but walking into the park and hearing silence from it being quiet still had an impact on us. Not hearing the train whistle and not being able to ride it around made us feel like we were missing out on something special that really added joy to our stay. Weve been on other trips with a non running RR and deeply missed it then too.
Looking forward to going back with a RR thats running on a different loop. I think Disney should add scenes and attention grabbing things to view not only under Tron but in many other spots along the track, making it a more fun and interesting ride around.

Walt Disney1955

On our last trip we knew the RR wasnt running but walking into the park and hearing silence from it being quiet still had an impact on us. Not hearing the train whistle and not being able to ride it around made us feel like we were missing out on something special that really added joy to our stay. Weve been on other trips with a non running RR and deeply missed it then too.
Looking forward to going back with a RR thats running on a different loop. I think Disney should add scenes and attention grabbing things to view not only under Tron but in many other spots along the track, making it a more fun and interesting ride around.

Agreed, there is something about even the sounds of the train. Haven't been since 2018, but by the time we go back I hope it is going again. It gives you that relaxing feel. No pressure to get off, but instead just to relax and enjoy the scenes and narration. There is a playground our kids go to close to home, and there is this bell that the kids can chime at this playground near one of the slides. It sounds exactly like the sort of bell you hear on the train. It always perks me up when I hear it.

ppete1975

While it's under this lengthy downtime, any chance they could add a showroom for the track to go through, housing a nature's wonderland prairie/dinosaur exhibit like they have at DL?

Wishful thinking, yes, but not altogether impossible.
i dont see them surprising us with much, if they were doing anything im pretty sure they would be talking it up, everything they do now has to be publicized to nauseum

lazyboy97o

While it's under this lengthy downtime, any chance they could add a showroom for the track to go through, housing a nature's wonderland prairie/dinosaur exhibit like they have at DL?

Wishful thinking, yes, but not altogether impossible.
They would have had to start by now in order to be done by the time TRON Lightcycle Run opens.

Raxel7851

I believe during the downtime they sent some of the equipment to a rebuild/refurbishment facility in Strasburg Pa. It’s a world class facility with very talented craftsmen.

DisAl

When they first started talking about TRON they were saying there would be some sort of tunnel through part of TRON. I may be wrong but it looks to me like the track will NOT be going under the TRON canopy. As near as I can tell the track will go about where the porta-potty is, between the big track-hoe and the new concrete wall, on to the left of the canopy support, and then to where there is a gate in the fence on the extreme left of the photo. (Photo made June 3, 2021)

DSCN7615.JPG

Beacon Joe

When they first started talking about TRON they were saying there would be some sort of tunnel through part of TRON. I may be wrong but it looks to me like the track will NOT be going under the TRON canopy. As near as I can tell the track will go about where the porta-potty is, between the big track-hoe and the new concrete wall, on to the left of the canopy support, and then to where there is a gate in the fence on the extreme left of the photo. (Photo made June 3, 2021)

View attachment 574409

I'm glad you mentioned that. We were under a similar impression, at least that the train would run under some part of the Tron area. While on the Peoplemover, we were scratching our heads trying to figure out how the train line was going to be routed through or around Tron. IIRC, there was concept art showing the train line, but the current construction doesn't appear to reflect that.

Clamman73

I'm glad you mentioned that. We were under a similar impression, at least that the train would run under some part of the Tron area. While on the Peoplemover, we were scratching our heads trying to figure out how the train line was going to be routed through or around Tron. IIRC, there was concept art showing the train line, but the current construction doesn't appear to reflect that.
We need a recent daytime Bioconstruct flyover to make a good blend photoshop mix pic to see what‘s happening…I tried with a night shot and google maps pic but it’s tough to get the proportion right and angle.
278E52FE-4B13-4BFA-AEFC-E42C3548D3CB.jpeg

DisAl

I like the idea of it going under the Tron Track and Canopy.
From the photo composite it sure looks like it. I may have been looking at the wrong gate when guessing on the path from the TRON side. I thought the gate I mentioned was the one right at Fantasy Land Station but it might not be. If what is above is accurate the burning fuel oil on the locomotives will sure add some "atmosphere" to the TRON ride. And blowing the whistle right under to TRON track would give them a nice blast of steam too. FYI my photo was made from the People Mover right over where the train goes under it if I remember correctly.
Seeing as I won't be riding TRON anyway I don't care where they put it AS LONG AS THEY GET THE TRAINS RUNNING AGAIN SOON!

JIMINYCR

Agreed, there is something about even the sounds of the train. Haven't been since 2018, but by the time we go back I hope it is going again. It gives you that relaxing feel. No pressure to get off, but instead just to relax and enjoy the scenes and narration. There is a playground our kids go to close to home, and there is this bell that the kids can chime at this playground near one of the slides. It sounds exactly like the sort of bell you hear on the train. It always perks me up when I hear it.
A few years ago after we had been to WDW a lot and done it all, I started taking a more leisurely approach to the park and began riding the RR loop around the entire circuit, sometimes twice at a time. Found it very relaxing and started seeing details I had missed on other ride arounds. And just love closing my eyes at times to listen to that sound of the whistle and clacking of the wheels going over the tracks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom