I realize why people complain about transportation...

Patcheslee

Original Poster
At TTC at 9am for Epcot monorail =60 min downtime, missed FP for Soarin at 10:30am becauseof downtime and security check got backed up. Now- Monorail back to TTC to hop to 1900 park fare=20 minutes no end in sight, go to tran to get car instead, 15 minutes no sign of tram. We left epcot at 4pm and at 5:20pm we still are not even at our car. No compensation for tgr Soarin FP missed due to monorail being down. Thank god my life doesn't depend on this type of deal or I'd be dead by now.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Go see Guest Relations -- that's not right... you were using on-site transport, and you left in PLENTY of time...

Agree. Sounds like there's been some property wide issues. Is the weather THAT bad in Orlando right now?

Last edited:

Patcheslee

Original Poster
Agree. Sounds like there's been some property wide issues. Is the weather THAT bad in Orlando right now?
This was actually the first day all week that we didnt get rain, so I don't know what the deal was. Figment went down after we scanned FP and was told to come back later but we ran out of time. Soarin kinda ticked me off cause we missed out on Test Track 2 days before and were told to come back later, when we went back the FP was 45 minutes, the second time before fireworks FP was 30 minute wait but DD8 was exhausted by then, so we literally got 0 tier 1 FP either days of our visit. Preaty disappointed missing out on any of the larger rides in 2 days.
I personally can't justify depending on the monorail. It seems like it's down far too often to be reliable if there's really something which can't be missed.
After AK, HS and first EP and MK days driving I was worn out and needed a break from it, didn't think it would be that bad parking at TTC and heading to EP before dinner res at Grand Floridian. 2.5 hrs to get from EP should have been ample time with monorails, just as getting to EP shouldn't have meant missing a FP with 1.5 hrs to get to it from the TTC. EPIC fail on their part. By the time we got in DH wanted nothing to do with guest relations and just argued that anything would be done, so instead of a fight I dropped the idea. P.S. he was over it when the monorail finally came and a double stroller NOT FOLDED rolled over his foot after he was already in, and then had a guy + backpack pushing him into the monorail door once it closed. Hate to say it but I've never seen so many rude ppl in a week. 1 bad Disney experience yeah things happen, but guest are at times just horrendous. Example: Wednesday before 45 minutes before Illuminations we walk the side path to TT, 5 minutes later walk back same path and there is a large adult size pile of not all solid poo right on the path? Where the heck do ppl come from that is okay, within 30ft from the restroom? I felt sooo bad for the multile CM's we saw having to clean it up.

21stamps

Go to the front desk at your resort.. a few months back someone reported that they received anytime fast passes from the concierge desk. They may be able to give you one to compensate for Soarin' Give it a try!

Also- download the Uber app!

mousehockey37

So if you spent an hour of downtime at the TTC waiting for a monorail, why not jump over to the MK, Poly, Contemporary or GF and get on a an Epcot bus there?

In my honest opinion, there were alternative ways to get where you wanted to go. You missed an entire hour window for a FP? You had an hour of downtime, but the FP was for 10:30? When did you finally get to the park? Even with an hour down, seems you should've been able to truck it over to the Land Pavilion before 11:30.

Disney has a large transportation fleet. Things are bound to happen. There's threads on here about the state and condition of the monorails. Is it worth compensation every time something goes wrong? No. You have other options. Use them.

As far as people are concerned? Yeah, the double stroller thing would've ticked me off. The backpack thing, yeah, I would've physically grabbed the guys bag and took it off of him while explaining that there's other people behind him. I'm honestly not afraid anymore, nor do I have the patience or tolerance for it.

The poo thing? It's gross, but if you know nothing of the person that left the mess, you have no idea. As someone that has IBS, and travels with others that have IBD/UC, if your stomach turns and you can't make it, you can't make it. Again, I'm not defending the action of pooping on the sidewalk, but there's just sometimes that people with medical problems just can't make it. But, there are also visitors that are on vacation from home and abroad that think they can do whatever, wherever and it's ok.

21stamps

So if you spent an hour of downtime at the TTC waiting for a monorail, why not jump over to the MK, Poly, Contemporary or GF and get on a an Epcot bus there?

In my honest opinion, there were alternative ways to get where you wanted to go. You missed an entire hour window for a FP? You had an hour of downtime, but the FP was for 10:30? When did you finally get to the park? Even with an hour down, seems you should've been able to truck it over to the Land Pavilion before 11:30.

Disney has a large transportation fleet. Things are bound to happen. There's threads on here about the state and condition of the monorails. Is it worth compensation every time something goes wrong? No. You have other options. Use them.

As far as people are concerned? Yeah, the double stroller thing would've ticked me off. The backpack thing, yeah, I would've physically grabbed the guys bag and took it off of him while explaining that there's other people behind him. I'm honestly not afraid anymore, nor do I have the patience or tolerance for it.

The poo thing? It's gross, but if you know nothing of the person that left the mess, you have no idea. As someone that has IBS, and travels with others that have IBD/UC, if your stomach turns and you can't make it, you can't make it. Again, I'm not defending the action of pooping on the sidewalk, but there's just sometimes that people with medical problems just can't make it. But, there are also visitors that are on vacation from home and abroad that think they can do whatever, wherever and it's ok.

This is the first time I agree with you. I didn't think about the hour window yesterday.

mousehockey37

This is the first time I agree with you. I didn't think about the hour window yesterday.

Given that much time, I don't believe that any compensation should've been given. There comes a point where you have to be able to think on your feet and adjust to get to where you have to go. The fact that they came up nil on Tier 1 FP's isn't Disney's fault. They were given times to come back and such and they didn't do it.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Given that much time, I don't believe that any compensation should've been given. There comes a point where you have to be able to think on your feet and adjust to get to where you have to go. The fact that they came up nil on Tier 1 FP's isn't Disney's fault. They were given times to come back and such and they didn't do it.
Disney giving out multi experience FP does not negate thhe fact that any sort of attempt at a plan for the day is shot out the window. This is something Disney is not comprehending right now. If I have to plan FP days andays in advance to coordinate with dining days and days in advance, giving me a FP that I can use in another attraction isnt always going to help.

A couple days ago, TT was down due to weather. I get that. But it was down then most of the afternoon. It came back up minutes after we burned that multi use on Soarin which we had already experienced but because it wasnt good for Frozen (and there is frankly nothing else in the park that isnt already available FP at any time) we decided to do Soarin again. At minimum when they have to give out a multi use, the rest of your FP should turn into anytime for that attraction FPs because of the impact it could have on your plan/schedule.

L.C. Clench

Nice to know that whatever happens at Disney it can always be spun to be the guests fault. Clearly you should have researched and planned enough to know that Disney transportation is unreliable so depending on them to provide the services they advertise and you pay for is absolutely ridiculous.

mousehockey37

Nice to know that whatever happens at Disney it can always be spun to be the guests fault. Clearly you should have researched and planned enough to know that Disney transportation is unreliable so depending on them to provide the services they advertise and you pay for is absolutely ridiculous.

This isn't anything new with Disney. At some point, yes, the guest has to take responsibility for how their vacation turns out. If the desired mode transport isn't operating efficiently, I'm finding a different way to get to where I want to go. Be happy Disney has as much transportation as they do.... it could be hellishly worse.

21stamps

We got stuck on Spaceship Earth for an hour or more.. not only missed our Illuminations FP, but missed Illuminations altogether, didn't get off the ride til after the park closed.. I was extra sad bc I've never seen the holiday tag...and we skipped Illuminations the prior year because kiddo wanted to leave Epcot and go back and swim.
To make matters worse I tripped over a curb when leaving, in front of a crowd outside, and ripped the knee in my leggings, as well as scratched up my hand. By far the worst night at Disney- ever!lol. I couldn't deal with a bus so we quickly got an Uber. Went to sleep as soon as we arrived back at the hotel.

I never thought that I could have asked the front desk for an anytime FP.. I didn't know they had the capability to do so.
But, we spend a lot of time at amusement parks so I'm used to rides going down.

21stamps

Yeah I was thinking that the FP was unavailable after 10:30. The rest of the rides I don't agree that an anytime FP is justified, that's why I only mentioned Soarin' in my post.

L.C. Clench

This isn't anything new with Disney. At some point, yes, the guest has to take responsibility for how their vacation turns out. If the desired mode transport isn't operating efficiently, I'm finding a different way to get to where I want to go. Be happy Disney has as much transportation as they do.... it could be hellishly worse.
I'm sorry but for the 3k plus that an average Disney vacation costs the guest shouldnt have any responsibility to make up for the fact Disney doesn't want to properly maintain things.

mousehockey37

We got stuck on Spaceship Earth for an hour or more.. not only missed our Illuminations FP, but missed Illuminations altogether, didn't get off the ride til after the park closed.. I was extra sad bc I've never seen the holiday tag...and we skipped Illuminations the prior year because kiddo wanted to leave Epcot and go back and swim.
To make matters worse I tripped over a curb when leaving, in front of a crowd outside, and ripped the knee in my leggings, as well as scratched up my hand. By far the worst night at Disney- ever!lol. I couldn't deal with a bus so we quickly got an Uber. Went to sleep as soon as we arrived back at the hotel.

I never thought that I could have asked the front desk for an anytime FP.. I didn't know they had the capability to do so.
But, we spend a lot of time at amusement parks so I'm used to rides going down.

There's a time and place for an anytime FP as compensation. The OP's situation isn't one of them. Being stuck on a ride for over an hour, yeah, that's deserving. If there's anything that goes wrong, you can always go talk to Guest Relations or the front desk at a resort. Don't expect, demand or be looking for anything though.

mousehockey37

I'm sorry but for the 3k plus that an average Disney vacation costs the guest shouldnt have any responsibility to make up for the fact Disney doesn't want to properly maintain things.

The fact that Disney has thousands of visitors daily and is one of the heaviest traveled tourist destinations in the world, doesn't leave much room for them to take things out of service. Go look at the refurb threads about how rides only get touch-ups and such, when they should be shut down for much longer, but alas, people want those rides open.

It's a no-win situation honestly. If you have any better ideas as to how to operate a theme park, I'm sure the high brass would be all ears. And yes, people are taking their vacations in their own hands: hence taxis and Uber getting people around.

The OP was waiting for a monorail that was having issues. That should've been a sign there that it was time to find another way, but hey, if they wanted to wait, that's on them. If they were ON the monorail and stuck, that's a completely different thing, but the fact that they were NOT on the monorail and had the capability to find an alternative, I stand by no compensation. Also, the FP was good until 11:30... What time did they actually get to the park?

21stamps

If there's people and machines involved things will not ever be perfect 100% of the time. That's an unrealistic expectation

mousehockey37

If there's people and machines involved things will not ever be perfect 100% of the time. That's an unrealistic expectation

Bingo.

WDW is open 365 days a year and people all demand to have everything open everyday. Unfortunately we don't live in a maintenance free world. It's amazing how they get people around on a daily basis to start with. Their transportation system puts some cities' systems across the US to shame, but yet, it's still not good enough for people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom