I own a piece of the Magic

pacochran

Original Poster
Had to share this. I just found out what my DW and DC got me for Christmas. They bought me a share of Disney Stock. I know own a very very very small peice of the Magic. I am so psyched had to share it.

tigsmom

A very good time to buy. I have quite a bit myself. Welcome to the club!

But now you have no surprise for Christmas morning. :lol:

WIX

We have a bunch as well. DH mentioned just last night that he wants to buy more. Thanks for the post as you just reminded me to do that :)

Missing20K

I, too, am a shareholder, and I want to know when we will get some cool benefits from it, well besides profit sharing of course. Can't we get a AP discount, or a room discount, or something??:shrug:

And yes, it is a decent time to buy, as long as you don't need the cash in the next year or two. The valuations of most blue chips right now are unreal. Just have to figure out if you are catching a falling knife, or scooping up deals off the bottom. I am hoping for the latter. "Daddy needs a new pair of shoes.....to walk around the parks in." :lol:

bayoutinkbelle

I'm ready to take the plunge and purchase some Disney stock. I think the time is right to buy and I have faith (don't laugh! :)) that it'll turn out to be a good investment in the long run.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I, too, am a shareholder, and I want to know when we will get some cool benefits from it, well besides profit sharing of course. Can't we get a AP discount, or a room discount, or something??:shrug:

Back in the day (mid-90's and earlier), there were room discounts available to stockholders. But nothing in the past 10 years.

kimmychad

I'm ready to take the plunge and purchase some Disney stock. I think the time is right to buy and I have faith (don't laugh! :)) that it'll turn out to be a good investment in the long run.

we use sharebuilder.com, it lets me set up a predetermined amount to invest each month, and if I see a good value, like gm, I buy more.

Tater48

It closed today at 23.95. Up .04 or a little over 1%. We too are seriously looking at buying several more shares. It is a buyers market right now.

Cubs Brian

I got lucky with this one! bought 500 shares in 2001 at $13.00 per share for oldest sons education, sold all of it about 2 months ago at over $34.00 . Just reinvested most of it back 2weeks ago @$21.00 per share. Let's hope I did the right thing!

BRER DAD

This may be a stupid question so forgive me, but when you buy lets say 1 share of Disney Stock do you get some sort of certificate showing you own a share? The reason im asking is that I have a whole wall deticated to WDW family photos and different lithographs that are framed. Some sort of certifacate saying I was part "owner" would be pretty neat to hang on the wall. Thanks in advance. :wave:

pacochran

Original Poster
You can also get it from www.oneshare.com that's where my DW got this one. I haven't seen it of coarse not till Christmas, but when I went on line it shows the Disney Shares with Disney characters on them. She got it framed so that I can hang it up on the wall.

tigsmom

If you open an account with a discount broker you can get more stock for your money than if you deal with oneshare.

It's $122 for 1 share at oneshare. Now it's only selling for a bit over $21, you could get a great deal more for that amount.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom