I need 2 vent :(

tiggerzgirl83

Original Poster
My sister and my mom left for Disney on Sunday and they come back home on Saturday. They are staying at POFQ and they absolutely love it there. Anyway, I was actually suppose to go on this trip but I had to pay 4 college. This is the first year they went without me and I have been sad ever since they left. I mean sad enough to the point where I cry every now and then:cry:. I call them here and there and they are having a ball and I can hear the Main Street music playing in the background. They loved the Keys to the Kingdom Tour, buses arent crowded at the resort, they are walking right on rides without long waits.

I have been going to Disney ever year since 1992 and only missed 2 years now this year. Now, I am being haunted by the fact that I did not go this year.

I am a security supervisor at a mall so 2 days ago I was walking by the Disney store and a little girl was walking out hugging her new donald and daisy stuffed animals...here comes the watery eyes...then someone turned in a camera that was found, I turned it on to see if I can get a face of the owner maybe and what do I find?....someone's disney vacation pictures...what a smack in the face...Sunday I walk out the door to go to work and I hear this machine (not to sound silly) but it sounded just like the pressure washers @ Pop Century when they clean in the morning and again...here comes the tears...its nuts and I cant wait until they come home...they got me lots of surprises though! I will be going next year because this is just tearing my heart apart. Oh, I know my heart is still there because out of nowhere I texted my sister saying did you smell Rome in Spaceship Earth and she wrote back, im on it right now and just passed that part...i thought that was strange...oh well, thanks for hearing me out and letting me vent...im soooo upset that I couldnt go this year...

bobjl527

Just hang in there. It will be all the better when you go next year. Absence makes the heart grow fonder they say. And as much as I love Disney, your college education is much more important. I am sure you will have a blast next time.

Gucci65

Totally understand your pain!!

This time of year I have always gone to WDW with my Dad and my daughter.
Well my daughter is now a senior in high school and wants to go somewhere big on spring break - so I gave her a choice...................Disney now or Spring Break trip in April - She chose April.

So then my younger sister decides she wants to go with my Dad and her 3 yr old son to WDW - so she stole my trip (so to speak).

I dropped them off this morning at the airport. I hope they have a great time, but wish it was me - LOL.
:wave:

philipneil

I can't get over the feeling of dismay associated with having loved ones choose other options instead of Disney. I really wanted to head down on March break (I was just there in October) but my wife thought it best that we replace the flooring in the kitchen instead. Stupid adult responsibilities. I can remember thinking, "when I grow up, I'm spending my hard earned cash on trips to Disney!" What happened?

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I'm missing a trip next year because of college! It's the worst when you finally make priorities and do the responsible thing! I want to be 12 again!

sweetpee_1993

Awwww... ((((hugs))))) ...I'm so sorry you are sad and didn't get to go to your happy place this year. THink of this time as an investment in future trips. College is important and will allow you more ability to provide even better, longer, more fun-filled trips in the future. You made a good choice. When you do things right good things will come to you. Just wait and see. It's good that your mom & sis are bringing you lots of surprises and Disney magic. For every little surprise, for every little text, for all those little things you know you were there in spirit. I can already tell that's where your heart is. :kiss:

bgraham34

I feel bad for you, I know my trip in January will be my last for at least a year and a half. So I know the feeling.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Every cloud has a silver lining so you have to find a positive out of all this....................... I would say that going every year since 92 is your first positive (some folk can't afford to go at all). Your second positive has to be when you finish college and get a job you'll be able to go whenever you want to

slappy magoo

Getting a degree means the odds are better you'll get a better-paying job, which means you'll be able to go more often.

Silver lining.

wchoodjr190

i Feel your pain. It has been two years since I have been back to Diseny World.
I have one of those families that believe that we have to go every year. Really thats my fault cause we did go every year, sometimes twice a year. But with the economy I have found it very difficult to skip out on those adult responsibilities like I used to. I know that it will get better economically wise. And when everything turns around Party at the Boardwalk on me. ( I might have to run that by the wife first)

Kelsybelle

^^^ I agree with Disneydiva, count your blessings and be happy that your Mom and Sister are having a nice vacation and bringing you surprises! :)

I had a similar experience a few years ago. My Sister's in-laws brought that entire side of the family on an all expenses paid trip to WDW for 8 days with a stay at the Polynesian....it was the longest 8 days ever! My neices were then 4 and 2 and all I could think about was them and how much I missed them! I was so happy when they got home (and gave me my surprises ;)) and I felt silly for being so upset while they were away.

Just keep yourself busy, they'll be home before you know it and you'll be back to WDW soon enough...:)

wdwCC

Hopefully they will at least bring stuff back for you. Park guides, soveniners, mugs, etc. always gives me the feeling of not leaving. Maybe things like that can give a small feeling of being there enough to hold you until going for real. Also try to find out what rides they are seeing, and view the YouTube videos.

westie

Boy some security guard! All I have to do is threaten a stuffed Donald and you'd turn over the keys to the mall? Just kidding! I know exactly how you feel. Couldn't afford to go this year and the grandparents did and bugged us about walking into Canada and getting a table without res's and strutting arroung with their arms out and not coming close to touching anyone. Dang it! Now I'm tearing up!!:cry:

sarabi

I'm one of those people that's a huge fan but very rarely gets to go. I had been going every 2 years since 1992 up until I started college in 1996. In 1999, I got to do the CP internship (it had been 3 years since I've been there!) and returned in 2001 when I graduated college. Then, life took over, I got married, and wasn't able to make it back til 2006 (FIVE years!) but what a specatcular trip that was! It was like I'd never left (well, except for all the new stuff). After that, I went and had my first child, so who knows when I will have the finances or the family will have time to get back there, but I know we will someday.
Disney feels like home to me. A home a rarely get to see these days, but home nonetheless. When you go back it will be all the sweeter. Hang in there.

Thiger

it must be tough but look at it this way: do well in college and you'll get a great job, make much money and go to disney twice or thrice in a year!!!

ValentineMouse

I know how frustrating a Disney vacation gap can be! I've been going twice a year since I was 11 - but my family had to stop going after summer 2006 =( I really missed the place!

Luckily, I managed to get a three day break in Disneyland Paris last August which was a dream come true XD! Now I just need to wait for January ... I'm going to live in the place that started it all for 5 months! A bus ride away from the Happiest Place on Earth - I can't wait!!

wvdisneyfamily

Everyone talks about college as a wonderful experience. For me, it wasn't. Part of that was the complete drain it was on my life. I was not (and still am not) a partier. Thus, I guess I must have missed out on what made college fun for the masses. I worked and had to keep a very high G.P.A because of scholarships. But, as many have said, college is a means to a happier end. Tough it out and this too shall pass. Many of us understand your pain, but I promise you, enduring college will make it all the more worthwhile in the end.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom