Pre-Trip I look at you, and I'm home - September 2020 (LIVE)

Hello everyone! This is going to be my first ever trip report and I'm pretty nervous to be honest haha. I debated for days on whether I would write it or not, and I finally decided, why not?

So welcome to my first trip report! We will be heading back to Disney World for Labor Day weekend, a tradition of ours seeing as it always falls on our anniversary. Fun fact: This will be our last dating anniversary before we get married on our 5 year anniversary next year on Labor Day weekend (totally trying to convince the future hubs we need a DisneyMoon!)

A little back story: My fiance and I both grew up in Miami, FL and grew up going to Disney World plenty of times a year seeing as we were so close and school trips here tend to be to Disney. We met 4 years ago and bonded over our love of Disney and went on our first trip to Disney together in August of 2016. We have been on 14 trips together in the last 4 years and this will be trip 15. On our 10th trip together, March 2019, my fiance proposed and we became DVC Members.

So lets get into the trip!

Who: Me, Marlene & my fiance, Stephan

IMG_20190831_210152.jpg

653522686_1096539447_dsnyRes-high_dsnyLoc-reg.jpeg

389272030_795112318_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg_2 (1).jpeg

When: September 3rd- September 7th

Our anniversary is September 3 so we will be arriving on Thursday and spending Labor Day weekend at the World and heading back on Labor Day. We will be driving up Thursday morning since we live in Miami and it is only about a 3.5 hour drive for us.

Where: Grand Floridian Villas

We were originally booked to stay at our home resort, Copper Creek Villas, but somehow we were able to find a studio at the Grand Floridian Villas which is my absolute dream resort. We were a little hesitant since the NBA is there and I've heard their security is a tad intense and that their bubble takes a way from the experience, but we don't know when we'll get another chance to stay here so we're just going for it and we'll make the best out of it!

Why: We will be celebrating 4 years of dating and more specifically our last dating anniversary before we tie the knot next year on our 5 year anniversary. We love Disney and have made it a tradition to spend our anniversary in our favorite place, even if that means masks, park reservations, and low crowds (which when is that ever bad?) We are curious to see if the magic is still there without all the extras and the large crowds because we have been hearing different things.

I will be sharing our daily plans with you all soon! I hope you decide to stay tuned as we continue our countdown and start gearing up and getting ready to head home. 25 more days!

coachwnh

Hello everyone! This is going to be my first ever trip report and I'm pretty nervous to be honest haha. I debated for days on whether I would write it or not, and I finally decided, why not?

So welcome to my first trip report! We will be heading back to Disney World for Labor Day weekend, a tradition of ours seeing as it always falls on our anniversary. Fun fact: This will be our last dating anniversary before we get married on our 5 year anniversary next year on Labor Day weekend (totally trying to convince the future hubs we need a DisneyMoon!)

A little back story: My fiance and I both grew up in Miami, FL and grew up going to Disney World plenty of times a year seeing as we were so close and school trips here tend to be to Disney. We met 4 years ago and bonded over our love of Disney and went on our first trip to Disney together in August of 2016. We have been on 14 trips together in the last 4 years and this will be trip 15. On our 10th trip together, March 2019, my fiance proposed and we became DVC Members.

So lets get into the trip!

Who: Me, Marlene & my fiance, Stephan

View attachment 489866
View attachment 489867
View attachment 489868

When: September 3rd- September 7th

Our anniversary is September 3 so we will be arriving on Thursday and spending Labor Day weekend at the World and heading back on Labor Day. We will be driving up Thursday morning since we live in Miami and it is only about a 3.5 hour drive for us.

Where: Grand Floridian Villas

We were originally booked to stay at our home resort, Copper Creek Villas, but somehow we were able to find a studio at the Grand Floridian Villas which is my absolute dream resort. We were a little hesitant since the NBA is there and I've heard their security is a tad intense and that their bubble takes a way from the experience, but we don't know when we'll get another chance to stay here so we're just going for it and we'll make the best out of it!

Why: We will be celebrating 4 years of dating and more specifically our last dating anniversary before we tie the knot next year on our 5 year anniversary. We love Disney and have made it a tradition to spend our anniversary in our favorite place, even if that means masks, park reservations, and low crowds (which when is that ever bad?) We are curious to see if the magic is still there without all the extras and the large crowds because we have been hearing different things.

I will be sharing our daily plans with you all soon! I hope you decide to stay tuned as we continue our countdown and start gearing up and getting ready to head home. 25 more days!
I hope you have a great time. Im a huge GF fan. You'll love it.

Ariel_x33

Original Poster
Hello everyone! Thanks so much for all your support on my first report. Up next: daily plans!

September 3: We will be driving up to Disney World bright and early this morning and we should be arriving to the Grand Floridian Villas at around noon. We have done online checking and our magicbands have shipped so hopefully our room is ready when we get there. We are planning to take the monorail over to Epcot as soon as we get to Disney and enjoy the new modified version of Food and Wine and ride some rides. We have a reservation for Topolinos Terrace at 7:20 PM so we are thinking of taking the skyliner over to the Riviera. It will be our first time eating here so we're really excited. Hoping we can take the skyliner over back to Epcot after dinner so we can take the monorail back to the Grand.

September 4: We have Animal Kingdom planned for today and are so looking forward to multiple rides on FOP. We have no ADRs for this day but seeing as AK closes pretty early, we are planning on going to Disney Springs and grabbing some dinner there. Trying to decide if we go with a favorite like Blaze Pizza or Boathouse or try something new so any recommendations would be appreciated.

September 5: Magic Kingdom day today. We've set the goal to try and do every ride and attraction this day so fingers crossed we can get that done. No ADRs for this day either so we will probably enjoy the resort and pool this night.

September 6: Hollywood Studios, our favorite park. We are obsessed with Star Wars so we tend to spend all our time in Galaxy's Edge. We were able to ride Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway in March when it came out as well as Rise of the Resistance and it's honestly our 2 favorite rides right now so looking forward to riding those. We will probably get there before park open to try and ride Mickey and Minnie's first thing and try and get a good boarding group at 10 AM. Will be nice to not have to wake up at 5 AM for a boarding group 😂. I am gutted that the Frozen show is closed as it is my favorite thing to do every time we go. No ADRs because it is tradition to order room service pizza on our last night.

September 7: Check our day. We have a breakfast reservation at Grand Floridian Cafe this day at 10:15. I reserved a park pass for Hollywood Studios for this day just in case we wanted to hit up a park before driving home. If not, other options are heading back to Disney Springs or to the outlets.

Thank you all for tuning in!

Ariel_x33

Original Poster
We are about a week away from going back home and I am trying to figure out what to do to make the time go by faster! The anxious jitters are definitely hitting now lol.

We are starting to gather everything we will need and buying things we need. We like to pack the day before (I know, crazy) so I won't be packing for a few more days, but I like to get things sorted to make sure I don't leave anything behind and that I buy everything that we are missing.

We are trying to decide if we buy a few snacks and drinks before heading out to Disney World since we have about a 3.5 hour drive or if we stick to what we usually do and order Instacart.

Either way, I am getting so excited to head back home, still doesn't feel real to me. Idk if anyone else who has a trip planned feels this way but I haven't wanted to feel like we are actually going out of fear they will close the parks again and it will be another cancelled trip in the book.

I have 3 more work days and 4 more school days left (I am a third year law school student, 9 months left until I am officially done with school forever) and these days could not go any slower. Definitely do not want to be thinking of anything but vacation 😂

For now, I guess I will just keep playing WDW Today on my tv all day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom