I know there are other Dr. Who fans here...

Number_6

Yes, the absolutely bogus one that has no basis in any form of reality? I read about it earlier. Ridiculous.

njDizFan

Just got the Tom Baker "key to Time" episides for my birthday. Rewatching these have been so much fun. Man, they should really be showing these somewhere on American TV.

heartodisney

Just got the Tom Baker "key to Time" episides for my birthday. Rewatching these have been so much fun. Man, they should really be showing these somewhere on American TV.

The PBS station here years ago did replay the Baker shows for a little while..thats when I got hooked. I do have a couple of episodes..jealous of the one you have! :rolleyes:

Number_6

When I was in High School, New Hampshire's PBS station still had classic Doctor Who showing and for some years after as well. I got to see pretty much every complete episode that still survives. So that was pretty cool. Sadly, they don't still have it on anymore as far as I know. The crazy thing about it was that it would air on Saturday afternoons, after I would get back from Fencing classes and they would show the entire story. With Tom Baker episodes, this was usually a little over an hour and a half. But when I watched the Patrick Troughton story "The War Games," it was over four hours long becuase it lasted at least half a season leading up to his departure as The Doctor.

njDizFan

yeah, here in NJ during the 80's PBS would air the classic Dr. Who episodes from approximately 1974-1984. Mostly the Tom Baker, Peter Davidson and Colin Baker years. I got hooked and now finally I am able to get these on DVD.

Number_6

The site that I linked to earlier in the thread has links at the side of their page to Daily Motion and all the Doctor Who episodes posted there by Doctor. If you're feeling nostalgic, or haven't gotten to see the roots of the new series, you can head over there and watch any of the old school episodes you want.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Original Poster
yeah, here in NJ during the 80's PBS would air the classic Dr. Who episodes from approximately 1974-1984. Mostly the Tom Baker, Peter Davidson and Colin Baker years. I got hooked and now finally I am able to get these on DVD.

I remember watching Tom Baker eps on NY's Channel 9 (WWOR?) on Saturday afternoons when I was in jr. high, which would have been the late 70's. I recall Romana and Leela (?? the wild girl in the fur bikini).

Glad to hear that the movie rumor seems to be just a bad joke.

Loved the Ninth and Tenth Doctors; can't warm up to the new guy at all, and Amy Pond annoys me.

Mr.EPCOT

If and when I get creative control over EPCOT Center, I'm determined to put an innocuous blue police box somewhere in the back of the United Kingdom pavilion...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom